Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What to do if you have cryptid remains?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Ok, so many cryptid things going on... Some stories speak of getting remains tested.

I'm curious, if I have cryptid remains, where would I take them to to get tested? Local police, hospital, vet? Perhaps a university, but what department to look for for the testing? Perhaps contact the DNR about it?

I mean really, it kind of recently struck me while reading about frogspawn... Geez, if I had something weird like that by my pond, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it, where to send it... How to convince the people I'm taking it to that I am serious, I want to know what the stuff is. And how much would testing something like that cost?

Or more fantastic, say I got a dead werewolf or bigfoot I found out on the back 40. What the heck would I do with the corpse, who would I call to haul it off? What about if discovery is made on public land?

I'm not trying to say any of these critters exist, so please lets not debate about if these things exist or not... Just wondering what folks would do if they did find something truly weird enough that they thought calling in the scientists would be warranted.

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

As far as a "bigfoot" type creature:

I wouldn't find it hard at all to get the ball rolling on reporting a giant bipedal carcass I'd stumbled over. You could take it to any you listed, for starters, even call in the law, just don't say you have a bigfoot. I mean, would you even know it was a bigfoot? I'd say I found a dead body. No problem getting the law there then.

If I had a way to transport the large bipedal body I'd take it to DNR or a university bio dept or local zoo or vet. Might depend what is at my disposal.
Or, let the law call them in and the interested parties can transport it.

I can think of a lot of things I wouldn't do though, as evident by those who've already found "bodies". :P

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#3    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 19 February 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

As far as a "bigfoot" type creature:

I wouldn't find it hard at all to get the ball rolling on reporting a giant bipedal carcass I'd stumbled over. You could take it to any you listed, for starters, even call in the law, just don't say you have a bigfoot. I mean, would you even know it was a bigfoot? I'd say I found a dead body. No problem getting the law there then.

If I had a way to transport the large bipedal body I'd take it to DNR or a university bio dept or local zoo or vet. Might depend what is at my disposal.
Or, let the law call them in and the interested parties can transport it.

I can think of a lot of things I wouldn't do though, as evident by those who've already found "bodies". :P

I hadn't thought about that angle, what not to do. So what wouldn't you do?

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

View Postrashore, on 19 February 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I hadn't thought about that angle, what not to do. So what wouldn't you do?

Everything that has been done so far... simple as that...

But since I don't think there are any bigfoot, what choices do the bigfoot bodysnatchers have?

They have no bodies to take to science, so all they can do is the shell game, shills and all.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#5    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

A dead human is hard enough to drag around*, can't imagine the difficulty of lugging around the dead weight of a bigfoot. Fireman's carry would probably be out of the question.

*Edit: Not that I know from experience or anything...

Edited by PlanB, 19 February 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#6    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I've left lots of remains but no-one ever wanted to test them.  :tu:

#7    SpiritTraveler

SpiritTraveler

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

• "Everything is relative" - Elbert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View Postrashore, on 19 February 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Ok, so many cryptid things going on... Some stories speak of getting remains tested.

I'm curious, if I have cryptid remains, where would I take them to to get tested? Local police, hospital, vet? Perhaps a university, but what department to look for for the testing? Perhaps contact the DNR about it?

I mean really, it kind of recently struck me while reading about frogspawn... Geez, if I had something weird like that by my pond, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it, where to send it... How to convince the people I'm taking it to that I am serious, I want to know what the stuff is. And how much would testing something like that cost?

Or more fantastic, say I got a dead werewolf or bigfoot I found out on the back 40. What the heck would I do with the corpse, who would I call to haul it off? What about if discovery is made on public land?

I'm not trying to say any of these critters exist, so please lets not debate about if these things exist or not... Just wondering what folks would do if they did find something truly weird enough that they thought calling in the scientists would be warranted.

I'm not sure about calling the police. After all, it's not human. Your vet is the best bet. He/she would know exactly what to do and who to call. They know all the Universities and labs.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users