- I have no problem with a farmer killing a fox to protect his livestock.
- I have no problem with a relative killing a fox to protect their child.
- I have no problem with an individual killing a fox to protect themselves.
Tell me why the Prime minister need to do this as a pastime? Do you think his chickens are killed or they attack his geese?
As stated before, the gentry have hunted foxes for hundreds of years,. This is a hangover from when they were the major land holders of the country and would hunt the foxes that were affecting the yeild of the farmers on their estates. The fact that the decendants of the gentry still want to keep to their tradition is not a reason to make fun of them.
Is it callous or noble that they want to protect farmers from the impact of foxes? depends on your personal outlook.
I doubt that a farmer wants to spend his nights waiting up with a gun when he has to get up a 5am every day. I think a much more successful way of ensuring foxes are killed would be to have an organised hunt.
So, to summerize the arguement against the hunt using dogs i have listed the opinions below:
1) People are not against protecting farmers livelihood.
2) People are not against animals killing in their natural evolutionary way
3) People are not against gentry riding horses with their dogs.
4) Put them together and its the worst thing humanity has ever done.