Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Bigfoot sighting along Neches River?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

PORT NECHES — Chill bumps rise on David Arceneaux’s arms as he looked across Block Bayou at a line of trees about 100 yards away.

“I’m not crazy. I don’t do drugs and I’m not a drinker,” Arceneaux said before telling his tale of seeing not one but two Bigfoot-like creatures huddled together one December morning.

The Nederland native visits Oak Bluff Cemetery about once a month to clean the graves of a friend and a cousin, something he has done for years without incident. But on an overcast, windless day Arceneaux got the fright of his life.

Read More Here

Posted Image

#2    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

View Postxsas, on 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

PORT NECHES — Chill bumps rise on David Arceneaux’s arms as he looked across Block Bayou at a line of trees about 100 yards away.

“I’m not crazy. I don’t do drugs and I’m not a drinker,” Arceneaux said before telling his tale of seeing not one but two Bigfoot-like creatures huddled together one December morning.

The Nederland native visits Oak Bluff Cemetery about once a month to clean the graves of a friend and a cousin, something he has done for years without incident. But on an overcast, windless day Arceneaux got the fright of his life.

Read More Here

Sounds exactly as credible as any other Bigfoot story from any other human recounting a frightening experience that resulted in an emotional memory clouded by belief and pareidolia.  Supported by a blurry blobsquatch photo taken with a cell phone no less.  

I'm sure the guy telling the story is a good guy, probably honest too.  But he got scared and saw something else that his frightened mind interpreted as Bigfeet, a belief that has solidified as time has gone on.  Human senses are fallible and prone to error.  Eyewitness accounts are not evidence, not until someone actually proves these things exist with a flesh and blood specimen.  Sorry folks, these stories are a dime a dozen.

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#3    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

Why would hundreds of people across the continent report sightings when they know that society will react as it has, in disbelief?  What is their motivation for doing so?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#4    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostJ. K., on 20 February 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Why would hundreds of people across the continent report sightings when they know that society will react as it has, in disbelief?  What is their motivation for doing so?

Because they truly believe they saw the creature, yet are mistaken.  Or in some cases because there is money to be made in Bigfootery.  The latter group is small but growing.

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#5    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

All I can do is go by the article, description and photo but I'm amazed at the vision on this eye-witness (as usual).

Edited by QuiteContrary, 20 February 2013 - 07:32 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#6    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostJ. K., on 20 February 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Why would hundreds of people across the continent report sightings when they know that society will react as it has, in disbelief?

Disbelief? Bah! These people are probably local celebrities now. Around here your Bigfoot sighting will get you a good crowd around you in any bar.

#7    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postscowl, on 20 February 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Disbelief? Bah! These people are probably local celebrities now. Around here your Bigfoot sighting will get you a good crowd around you in any bar.

And lots of free beer I'm sure.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#8    highdesert50

highdesert50

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Bigfoot approximates Nessy in grandeur and belief.

#9    slaughtr

slaughtr

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

• I Doubt Nothing!!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

If you have any doubts then don't even comment. In my opinion Big foot exist and not always does there have to be blood and specimen proof like one post said really what the hell do you have to gain by lying and hundreds have seen this yeti creature. I hope one day a skeptic like most of you run into this creature and he scares the hell out you then come back and comment. It's to much proof it exist, just because it hasn't been caught doesn't justify it does not exist, they said the same thing about ghost but even paranormal can be proven to a big degree understood totally No!.

Edited by slaughtr, 21 February 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#10    Prab

Prab

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 203 posts

• Mythical Awareness

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

I cannot believe in any story about Bigfoot now, I mean where do they go after those photographs and where do they live if they are in such a large population.
Its time to capture one !
That is the only way I am going to believe now.

#11    BroderickVanHelsing

BroderickVanHelsing

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Does taking a really bad photo perhaps back up the story a little better? Perhaps being too obvious about setting it up, you'd make it clear as day. Anyway, looking at info embedded in the photo, it was brought through Photoshop on a Mac for the arrows but there's not a whole lot else there. Either just natural growth on the edge of the forest or ghillie suits.

Edited by BroderickVanHelsing, 21 February 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#12    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

I don't suppose anyone noticed any inconsistencies in his story? like how they were throwing stones into the water, yet one had its arms around a treetrunk? unless there's another tree somewhere, out of camerashot, then the trees in the pic are at a very considerable distance from the water's edge.
maybe we could sign them for the discus team at the next olympics....?

#13    Clobhair-cean

Clobhair-cean

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

View Postslaughtr, on 21 February 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

If you have any doubts then don't even comment. In my opinion Big foot exist and not always does there have to be blood and specimen proof like one post said really what the hell do you have to gain by lying and hundreds have seen this yeti creature. I hope one day a skeptic like most of you run into this creature and he scares the hell out you then come back and comment. It's to much proof it exist, just because it hasn't been caught doesn't justify it does not exist, they said the same thing about ghost but even paranormal can be proven to a big degree understood totally No!.

Yes, there has to be proof, always if you want to prove something. That's why the two words share the same root. Many people gain a good amount of money by perpetuation bigfoot frauds, and many more are simply mistaking common things for a creature that only exists in the popular imagination. Real animals die, eat, get hit by cars and are photographed all the time, bigfoot seems to be immune to all of this. Either it is not real, or it is magical. Since there is no magic, the first is the only logical explanation.

And can you cite one example of anything paranormal being proven to even the slightest degree?

As for this "sighting", I fail to see anything that's not trees or reeds on this picture.

Also, look up the Oak Bluff Memorial Park in Port Neches, TX. The woods (more like a tiny patch of trees, roughly 600 metres across) he is talking about are surrounded on one side by a large petrochemical complex, the city on another and the Neches River on the third. It is a small, wooded area. How would bigfoot even get there, and why?

Edited by Clobhair-cean, 21 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#14    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postslaughtr, on 21 February 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

If you have any doubts then don't even comment. In my opinion Big foot exist
hate to break it to you, but this is a discussion forum, where people are allowed to express their opinions.
you stated that 'In my opinion bigfoot exist' (sic), so does that mean only your opinion is valid, and others which take a contrary viewpoint aren't?
I think you need to look up the word 'discussion' maybe.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostClobhair-cean, on 21 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

And can you cite one example of anything paranormal being proven to even the slightest degree?
yes.
Dowsing.
but I agree with the rest of your post. there has to be evidence for proof, otherwise it's nothing more than a belief, and you'd think someone would've found at least one bone or something.
the valleys around here are littered with sheep skulls and bones, so I can safely surmise that sheep exist!

Edited by shrooma, 21 February 2013 - 03:32 PM.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By ufonuts in I believe, on 21 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Silly People, it was BoBo from BRFO Big Foot Hunters Show!

Yes, science is close-minded and refuses to acknowledge anything weird or...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users