Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lottery winners blow up house

OverSword

LOLOL!!!! People are stupid. Funny, but stupid.

From the article:

Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth accidentally blew up their house on Friday, said Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department.

The explosion sent one of the brothers – a 27-year-old – to the hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.

The other brother was sent to jail, Watts said.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/16/4070392/brothers-celebrate-lottery-win.html

• Like 2

My guess is that the hospital will have to sue them for the costs of the burn treatments. Amazing stupidity.... but addiction is like that.

• Like 1

I'm guessing they didn't own the house so theres lets say $150,00.00. They don't have insurance so there's $50,000.00, they won't be able to pay legal fees There's....???? who knows but all in all this $75,000.00 lottery win should cost less than say, half a million?

• Like 3

Ye s drugs were also involved thats why the brother went to jail. They were having acrack celebration or cooking up a new batch of meth in celebration of there newfound winnings. Dumb dumb dumb.

• Like 1

If this had not happened, it is likely that the 75,000 would have all gone on drugs anyway, which could have been even more harmful to them.....bet their dealer is not happy now!! :w00t:

• Like 2

No but the states laughing. They just won the lottery :clap:

• Like 2

I laughed out loud when I read this. Whoever said drugs are not harmful to your intelligence have never met these two :ph34r:

• Like 3

The real Dumb & Dumber. They could make another movie about these guys.

Oh, as an aside, I just noticed the subtitle on the thread is misleading. There was no meth-lab. According to the article the house blew up because of a butane lighter refill leaked to the pilot light.

I laughed when I read this but it's sad at the same. Dummies!!

Yes, Sad for the neighbours.

• Like 1