Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Human race is losing inteligence.

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#16    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

We should tighten up our problem-solving skills. I apologize for that

No need to apologize for great honesty

first learned to tie their shoes at older ages than their elders did

Im noticing that with my ten year old. He could of learned at 7 but was lazy and learned later.

#17    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostNathan DiYorio, on 21 February 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

On the topic of how nutrition effects human cognitive functions, as brought up in the article, can the diminished IQ be regained by switching from a poor, highly processed diet to a more natural and nutritional one, or is the cognitive loss permanent?

Anybody know?

Both height and intelligence are linked to diet. Nutrition plays an extremely important role. Food definitely impacts our IQ. Some studies claim that some kinds of fish are great "brain food".

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#18    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

No need to apologize for great honesty

Im noticing that with my ten year old. He could of learned at 7 but was lazy and learned later.

I made a bad pun. As for tying shoes, I blame velcro.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#19    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Everybody is now legally obligated to complete a daily sudoku puzzle. For the sake of humanity.

Posted Image

#20    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

crosswords for dummies.

#21    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,437 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

i saw Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" some time ago, and i think that this is one of cinema's most accurate descriptions of the future of humanity......

#22    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostBeany, on 21 February 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

Uh, that should be Losing Intelligence, although it's pretty funny the way it is.

Yep.. did that on purpose. :unsure2:

#23    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,265 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Humans are in retrograde,some prefer to let other people or things think and do for them which has become the meaning of technology for us .I prefer to try and do things the old way eat mainly natural food (even if i have to grow it) though i know lots of things like beef and chicken are not 100% natural bought from a store.Some now days who sit behind their computer screens like to tell others well such and such does this to a human body because i googled it.All i can say is sorry hot rod slow down a bit ever really studied anatomy and used minerals,herbs,and vitamins while being a active healthy human being?Most never have a better answer than 'but google says"Do not get me wrong i like some of our tech but when one gets to the point they stop using their brains and bodies they might aswell be dead.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#24    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 21 February 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Humans are in retrograde,some prefer to let other people or things think and do for them which has become the meaning of technology for us .I prefer to try and do things the old way eat mainly natural food (even if i have to grow it) though i know lots of things like beef and chicken are not 100% natural bought from a store.Some now days who sit behind their computer screens like to tell others well such and such does this to a human body because i googled it.All i can say is sorry hot rod slow down a bit ever really studied anatomy and used minerals,herbs,and vitamins while being a active healthy human being?Most never have a better answer than 'but google says"Do not get me wrong i like some of our tech but when one gets to the point they stop using their brains and bodies they might aswell be dead.

Grrrrrrrrr... (gumbling because I want to disagree with this but find that I cant because it's true.)
I think that our relyance on technology is a big issue with this, but moreso i feel that we have given away our power. We've given away all power and authority to others, to the beuracracy of civilisation, to government and authorities that we're origionally put in place to make life easier and safer for all but who have grown to become controling over us..

I said it before in another thread, that we give away our power whenever we believe in any authorities outside of our selves..
We need to take back authority over our lives.. and that starts with awareness that this is going on..
Yes, we're in retrograde... But it's reversable, and I do hope that the awareness is spreading..

Edited by Professor T, 21 February 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#25    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,265 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 21 February 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Grrrrrrrrr... (gumbling because I want to disagree with this but find that I cant because it's true.)
I think that our relyance on technology is a big issue with this, but moreso i feel that we have given away our power. We've given away all power and authority to others, to the beuracracy of civilisation, to government and authorities that were origionally put in place to make life easier and safer for all but who have grown to become controling over us..

I said it before in another thread, that we give away our power whenever we believe in any authorities outside of our selves..
We need to take back authority over our lives.. and that starts with awareness that this is going on..
Yes, we're in retrograde... But it's reversable, and I do hope that the awareness is spreading..

My ego would like to give you 1 million likes if it could :lol:  but one will have to do.You are correct as a civilization we are not yet to far gone but we are getting closer and closer to the point of no return.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#26    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 21 February 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

My ego would like to give you 1 million likes if it could :lol:  but one will have to do.You are correct as a civilization we are not yet to far gone but we are getting closer and closer to the point of no return.

:lol:
Ego's are part of the problem too.

To be honest though, I think the awareness of this disease of the human Spirit is spreading like an antidote..
I think we're going to be seeing more and more people awakening to these facts, and once it hit's the main stream we're going to see some positive change..

#27    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 342 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Society has a lot to do with it imo, not technology.
The whole learn everything this way theory with a 12 year apprenticeship to be an adult. Not everyone learns the same we have known this fact for eons. But we refuse to change the system of education rather than teaching someone at the strengths we focus more on beating down the spirit of an individual to make a more compliant worker for your future boss. Just remember it was only about 15 years ago when everyone started to get serious about updated information. Sure there is the science grants but once again you have to qualify to a set IQ and just remember that was once just a theory as well and is still questioned to this day.
Not saying we must abandon education altogether, but I think we need to mainly eliminate the factory line. We seriously need to rethink it and generate a working structure to create a properous economy of people that actually want to work because they are doing something they love, not just going to work because it's "necessary". Sure money is necessary but money, imagine at 10 studying your profession of choice or a pathway to something you may be interested in, fair enough if that's what you want to do but how will physical education (writing about playing sports), biology and drama going to help a Architect. People that simply can't cope at all or don't want anything in their life :S as a side effect from possible incestry :P well there's still public servant work. joking. but still even that leaves a future for people that simply don't want to try.
I am not in any way, shape or form suggesting that people have a set career and could never change from 5 years old, but why not let them study whatever the hell they want the full way through the basics will always be included or they will not be able to understand languag and base maths but formed around what they are aspiring too whether it be visually, verbally or practically. We're at an impass where technically there doesn't need to be a teacher/classroom enviroment present. It is a theory not a design so go easy, ofcoarse there will be HEAPSof issues to work out before any change would be possible and it's a rough card out to anyone out there that has completed their study and in any way feels inferior to the newly educated :S but hey look at where the ego has taken our species ;). But it would be the same amount of issues with changing anything to do with a government structural system or creating a completely new system.

That's not to say there can't be 3 years of learning maths and english and the basics but after that it should be more built around the individual not built around the economy.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 4,265 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 21 February 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

:lol:
Ego's are part of the problem too.

To be honest though, I think the awareness of this disease of the human Spirit is spreading like an antidote..
I think we're going to be seeing more and more people awakening to these facts, and once it hit's the main stream we're going to see some positive change..

One can only hope you are right T!

#29    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Lego my Ego

#30    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,239 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

Interesting hypothesis, but not really strongly supported IMO. Sure, there's an ignorant portion of the population, but if one takes a look at the past there has always been an ignorant sector of society. Actually, literacy has increased over the last 100 years (not declined). I will admit that public education (at least in the US) isn't as good as it was 30 years ago though. Also, what people know has changed considerably, most people are now far more 'tech savy' but lack other skills (verbal and mathematical). As for us all becoming 'stupid', I'm not that worried. Necessity is the mother of invention and there are still some very smart individuals among us.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users