Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Human race is losing inteligence.

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#61    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

De what...Maybe it dis cud be truth. Im melting

#62    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

View Postredhen, on 21 February 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

No one has mentioned the cause of this decline as pointed out clearly in the article:

"Further, the geneticist explains that people with specific adverse genetic mutations are more likely than ever to survive and live amongst the ‘strong.’ Darwin’s theory of ‘survival of the fittest’ is less applicable in today’s society, therefore those with better genes will not necessarily dominate in society as they would have in the past."

What this geneticist is proposing is eugenics. Nothing to do with poverty or education. It's simply feeble minded people procreating. That's the problem according to Dr. Crabtree.
Yeah, as stated at the start of the thread, the artical does state there are other causes of this loss of intelligence. There's no one cause of this loss of general cognitive ability, but plenty of things to point the finger at and discuss/query.. It's not all about genetics, food & chemicals.. There's other factors as well.

View PostFstop, on 22 February 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

While I do agree that people seem to be getting dumber (I'm a teacher....I see their progeny everyday)  I think that this article seems to smell of bias a bit.  Its a "natural" website and the things the article mentions are all common items for the organic crowd to rail against.

I'm not disagreeing with the article, per se.  It just seems a bit slanted.
Yup. good spotting..
The artical is on a food/health website that natually promotes it's own cause.. as such, it has completely ignored any other cause other than any that furthers it's own objective of the promotion of natural living.. This kind of one-sided or single minded point of view is a good topic for a whole other thread.. But is relivant here because of this aparent competiton for changing and re-arranging our belief stuctures.. it's all cannon fodder for peoples attention imo.. Well done on spotting that.. :tu:

#63    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 21 February 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

i saw Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" some time ago, and i think that this is one of cinema's most accurate descriptions of the future of humanity......

The future? Have you seen the TSA?  Their slogan should be,"we're keeping you safe by frisking grandmas and toddlers." "Idiocracy" looks like a documentary.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#64    Fstop

Fstop

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 22 February 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Yup. good spotting..
The artical is on a food/health website that natually promotes it's own cause.. as such, it has completely ignored any other cause other than any that furthers it's own objective of the promotion of natural living.. This kind of one-sided or single minded point of view is a good topic for a whole other thread.. But is relivant here because of this aparent competiton for changing and re-arranging our belief stuctures.. it's all cannon fodder for peoples attention imo.. Well done on spotting that.. :tu:

Unfortunately I've become so jaded that whenever I consider any information from any source, my first instinct is to find out what their agenda is, because everybody has something to sell, some overriding idea to promote.  Like you said however, there is some valuable information in the article.  Cheers!

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are. – Anais Nin

#65    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 21 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Some of those who actually have a clue are branded as conspiracy theorists. I can think of one in particular who has predicted many a trend which has later come to pass.

The debunkers should check out "33 True Conspiracies". BTW, the answer to "1984" is 1776. I'll spare you the other ubiquitous quote about liberty and security. It rings true now more than ever, though.

#66    No Censorship

No Censorship

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 21 February 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Ask almost anyone 30 or younger...maybe even 40...why we fought the Civil war....I can almost promise you that 90% will say it was fought over slavery.  It's a great notion...that the wonderful "union" was so concerned with humanity and right from wrong...but the truth is...the Civil War was not started over slavery...Lincoln made it an issue well into the conflict to garner northern support about the same time Robert E. Lee was handing the north their ass in battles....truth.  Lincoln's emancipation happened well after the war was underway...slavery is NOT why the civil war began...but this is what is being taught today.

Look...I completely understand the humanity of emancipation...I think it was a wonderful and long overdue thing...but...we must leave history alone.  Let it stand for what it is...truth.  It disturbs me deeply ...this process of re-writing the subtle facts of history...nothing good can come from hiding the truth...

The movie, "Lincoln", contained some historical mistakes. There aren't many films on history that are completely and totally accurate. "Braveheart" comes to mind. There are a few web sites devoted to its inaccuracies.

#67    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postlightly, on 22 February 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

... huhh? :huh:    .

View PostAsteroidX, on 22 February 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

De what...Maybe it dis cud be truth. Im melting

Great Example guys! :w00t:
That's the Spirit!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

#68    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostFstop, on 22 February 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Unfortunately I've become so jaded that whenever I consider any information from any source, my first instinct is to find out what their agenda is, because everybody has something to sell, some overriding idea to promote.  Like you said however, there is some valuable information in the article.  Cheers!

Right, everything information wise is written with an agenda or persuasion, so the ability to discern and weigh up sides is crucial to maintain and support a self aware existence. Most people tho are lazy or untrained to do so.

It all started with TV imo, and then media...fame. TV is designed to make us first of all feel dissatisfied with our lifes and then hook us into regimes, by selling our egos the remedies and solutions to make us feel better. Everything from commercials to soap operas, to the celebrity culture showing off the life we all think we should be having.  In soap operas people are sold the "decided" plot lines and scenarios in dramatic form,  which are nothing more than implantation of social programming / agendas. Do you know that some of the well known news sites / online papers have SOAP OPERA HEADLINES sometimes mixed up with every day news ? The daily life of a celebrity is a soap opera too - it's such a joke.

It's quite amazing really what they have achieved in managing to create a whole economy and society based on illusion and the fantasy needs of the ego. And people think people like myself are the ones not living in the real world. Pfft lol.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#69    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,433 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostCoffey, on 21 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Wow, shocked your doctor actually said that. Must be a good honest doctor.
uuuhmmm...well...yeah....but he's also my brother in law! ;)

#70    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,433 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

View Postwimfloppp, on 21 February 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

If you brought someone back from a thousand years ago you could teach them to drive a car. Its just a matter of teaching.

If you brought someone back from a thousand years ago you could teach them to drive a car. Its just a matter of teaching.
if you say something twice, it automatically becomes the truth.

if you say something twice, it automatically becomes the truth.

(sorry man, i just did that for the laughs ;) )

#71    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

With all these kiddo's shouting "swag" and "yolo" these days I believe that the human race is indeed losing intelligence.

#72    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,433 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 22 February 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

With all these kiddo's shouting "swag" and "yolo" these days I believe that the human race is indeed losing intelligence.
may i ask how old you are? i am in my mid-thirties now, and sometimes i catch myself swearing at the "stupid mindless youth" as well, but then i remember that this is exactly the speech we got from thirty-somethings when we were 15.....

i know exactly what you mean, but let them grow pubic hair before condemning them! ;)

#73    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

If you are a creationist & believe in the Bible's story,Adam was very intelligent.So was Eve.He was perfect.He knew every name of every animal that the Lord placed upon the Earth.That was an achievement in itself, knowing that there were many many more species of animals that existed then.He would have been a very intelligent being.Even his offspring knew how to create musical instruments that resonated with certain vibrational frequencies that enhanced the heavenly connections etc..he knew the laws of physics & connected with mathematics & with the heavenly vibrations & saw the stars & knew their placement in the universe & the timing.Ever since Adam's fall & decline,we have all degenerated along with him in our DNA etc after the fall.After the declaration of physical death from the Father we have all had a slow degenerative death &experience.Let's face it.We have all been on a degenerative decline since then & now man is on his last legs of what he should be.Our brains are not as superior as when Adam came about.So the myth that we are more intelligent than our ancestors is just that.And,to top it off,we have been poisoned with chemical additives in our water & food etc that have had effects on our behaviour etc. We are mere shadows of what we should be.

Edited by GirlfromOz, 22 February 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#74    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Honestly we have no real reason to think anymore. Thinking is a survival skill, pure and simple. Think about how easy it is to survive nowadays compare to how it was in the past. Now that we don't need to think to survive besides the basics(and think about the differences between finding food,water,shelter in the past compared to now). We focus more on emotions, feeling good, and being entertained.

I don't think that it is a coincidence that as our existence gets easier to survive in, that our general intelligence gets lower.

#75    GirlfromOz

GirlfromOz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

LOL CrimsonKing! XOXOXO

Edited by GirlfromOz, 22 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users