Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sony announces PlayStation 4

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Sony has officially announced the launch of the PlayStation 4 (PS4) -- the next generation console from the Japanese company.

Sony's Andrew House revealed the console at a launch event in New York and it marks the next major step for PlayStation gaming.

Hardware
The new console features an eight-core CPU, eight gigabytes of RAM, a graphics processor capable of nearly two teraflops of processing power, and storage will be hard disk based.

It will feature a redesigned controller, called the DualShock 4. This controller includes a front-facing touch panel and an integrated headphone port, but still features the classic dual analogue sticks and digital controls.

http://www.wired.co..../2013-02/20/ps4

:sleepy:

#2    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

as with the other play stations day 1 buy for me. had every version of the play station system and never been disappointed.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#3    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostVaise, on 21 February 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

as with the other play stations day 1 buy for me. had every version of the play station system and never been disappointed.

Same here, except in the end I prefered the Xbox 360. Just overall the Xbox 360 was better than the PS3 in my opinion. It depends what you wanted from the console. I'm looking forward to seeing these next gen side by side though. The fact the 2 last consoles where kinda close with their tech and peripherals is a good thing, as hopefully they will try their best to out do each other, which is better for us gamers. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#4    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 21 February 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

I like Playstation but I dont think Sony should be releasing number 4 yet.

Technology hasnt moved on enough to warrent a new console. Number 3 is still better than most PCs out there.

#5    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 21 February 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

I like Playstation but I dont think Sony should be releasing number 4 yet.

Technology hasnt moved on enough to warrent a new console. Number 3 is still better than most PCs out there.

Oh yeah, we should forget updating technology, to be honest it is a bit disappointing we are not all using 386s and Ataris still.

/off

#6    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostI believe you, on 21 February 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Oh yeah, we should forget updating technology, to be honest it is a bit disappointing we are not all using 386s and Ataris still.

/off

I will only upgrade if the graphics are significantly better.

#7    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 21 February 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

I will only upgrade if the graphics are significantly better.

with unreal engine 4 debuting and frostbite 2 being tweaked were going to see some impressive things coming out of both the xbox and ps4 will it be a dramatic step up from what we saw with the ps2 to ps3? No but theres going to be far more attention to detail, lighting, and the cinematic experience in gaming, not to say we wont see anything groundbreaking but i wouldn't expect developers to push a console to the limit till a few years in. Check out the watchdogs demo its still being worked on but the level of detail in the buildings, the draw distance and skybox, it looks very nice. lets face it when the ps3 and xbox 360 came out they were given a ten year life span by the time the next consoles release it will be about 8 years which isnt really that bad, and still to this day developers hate working on the ps3 architecture. sony seems to have learned from their mistakes and made the ps4 much more pc friendly.

also i have no idea what you meant by the ps3 is better than most pcs out there. thats just... crazy. any half decent gaming pc can outperform the ps3 and xbox with ease.

my biggest gripe is they better have corrected the problem with install times, patch download/intall times and transfer rates because the ps3 was atrocious for that.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 21 February 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#8    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I was wondering when it was coming out.  Were I work, we are selling the PS3 package really low priced.  That is always a sign in retail that a new version is coming out, gotta make way for the new product!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#9    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I heard the PS 4 is not going to be backwards compatible? Any confirmation? This will be a big determing factor for many and if this is true, will probably put the ball in Microsoft's court.

I prolly wont buy this console, it is sure to be too expensive.

Not to move offtopic, any word when the XBOX 720 is going to be released?

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#10    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostB Jenkins, on 21 February 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I heard the PS 4 is not going to be backwards compatible? Any confirmation? This will be a big determing factor for many and if this is true, will probably put the ball in Microsoft's court.

I prolly wont buy this console, it is sure to be too expensive.

Not to move offtopic, any word when the XBOX 720 is going to be released?

they have said it will be able to stream both ps1 and ps2 games on a type of cloud service so yes you can play your entire back catalog of games on the ps4... now keep in mind this is just now they also said the ps3 would be backwards compatable and that ended up being on one model that only lasted for 5 months lol.

it will be 500$ and under pretty much gauranteed to be a similar pricing point to the ps3 althouuuugh there are rumours of it being 400$ and under, tough to say although its quite possible as the parts produced and used in the ps4 seem to be less expensive than what they put into the ps3

i imagine both consoles will be available by the end of the year for christmas barring any delays.

nothings final just yet though, theres still plenty of speculation however infamous just dropped a new trailer for its next game on the ps4 unreal just announced it has ue4 ready for developers its moving along much faster than expected it seems.

edit: http://www.digitalsp...take-place.html

because of the different architecture of the cpu it will nto be able to play ps3 dics however the plan is to have a cloud service for playstation 1 2 and 3 games to be streamed to your console... however this makes me worry what does that mean about the hard copies i already own, do i now have to repurchase the game again... i do enjoy when new consoles release its exciting so many questions :)

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 21 February 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#11    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Thanks!

Good time to start saving my pennies up. :tu:

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,116 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'll buy it.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#13    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,235 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

My little brother is all over this. I wonder what it would look like. This is so cool!

Av by unicorns @ lacedskulls.

#14    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I also heard they would be making it impossible to buy used PS4 games. Either the disc will come with a one-time activation code or the games will all be purchased through the PSN.

SRS

#15    shrooma

shrooma

Incorrigible Rogue.

• 3,167 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

i'm already queueing.....

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users