Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The First Human Mission to Mars in 2018?

mars manned inspiration mars foundation dennis tito

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostAsadora, on 28 February 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Is anyone getting that 'something is missing here' feeling regarding this whole Mars thing?

In a normal circumstance, we are told, 'This is very bad for you!' and then a few months later, 'Actually, we were wrong, it's good for you.. in moderation.'

I'm thinking about the whole Mars thing in the same way.  Last year, I believe we were told, 'Oh, we won't be going to Mars anytime soon, maybe 2045.' And now we are being told 2018.
Regardless of whether going to Mars means us landing there or just making a fly by... it is the point that it is Mars.

We can 'jumpstart' our planning to go to Mars in less time than it was previously thought. That makes me ponderous.
Yet we have no 'actual' plans to return to the Moon. This makes me also ponderous.
Recently there was an article about how SETI 'failed' to pick up any alien transmissions, or what have you. And there are other things that have been reported that goes against our potential space travel and the possibility of us not being alone in our solar system. To me, there doesn't seem to be a 'link' a substantial enough link to warrant this sudden 'jumpstart' into planning to go to Mars. And with stating all of the above, I am left to think that there is truly something that us common folk are totally unaware of and are not being told. All we get are snippets of information and most often those snippets confuse us because they change so frequently.

I just wish that we could just simply know what -they- or -whoever- knows beforehand. I certainly don't want to wake up one morning and see on the news: '...this is a historical moment, the first human ever to go to Mars.' And then sit there with my mouth gapping open and thinking, 'This ain't right.'

There are a lot of loose strings out there and I just wish someone/something would just make gather all them strings up and connect them.
Yes something is out there, but it's not aliens, it's the elusive truth!

Kind Regards.

I dont see it like that. NASA has said they would not be ready for a Mars mission (manned) for decades. This is not NASA. This is a provate organization. They do not play by the same rules that NASA does. Being a private organazation they may have access to more money than NASA does, they maybe able to throw more money at the problems of flying to Mars than NASA can because of budget constraints. Also lets face it being a private entity they dont have to be as vigilant as a government agency when it comes to matters of safety.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#17    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Oh great just what I want is the to trapped in a spaceship with my wife for 5 years. Wonder if there is going to be a dog house on that spaceship. LOL

#18    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,155 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 28 February 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Oh great just what I want is the to trapped in a spaceship with my wife for 5 years. Wonder if there is going to be a dog house on that spaceship. LOL
Yes, there apparently will be! I see that they want to put one of Bigelow's inflatable space modules on the front of the regular Dragon capsule. Now all they have to do is scratch up a billion or two  (USD) and figure out how to shield the two astronauts from ~500 days of radiation outside Earth's protective magnetic field. On this latter point, they seem to be assuming that this technology will be developed and ready for use within the next five years.

#19    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• 1,458 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

Before we send humans to Mars, it seems to me that we would need a better and faster propulsion system that we currently have, as well as developing better shielding for solar and cosmic radiation. The radiation from one solar flare could ruin your whole day if you are in an unshielded tin can halfway to Mars. I have heard that we were just lucky with the moon landings in that no great bursts of solar radiation happened during the missions.

#20    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostAsadora, on 28 February 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Is anyone getting that 'something is missing here' feeling regarding this whole Mars thing?

Nope, just conspiracy theorists that don't understand anything about business, economy, astronomy, spaceflight. And try to make sense of it all but get completely of track and try to turn it into something it's not.
So don't even try.

#21    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Im still hoping to see that first spaceboot mark in the red soil some day.

Edited by Hazzard, 28 February 2013 - 09:52 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#22    EtherialNight

EtherialNight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

In only five years? I'll believe it when/if I see it.

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,711 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

We will see it when we Believe it !

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,308 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

No doubt another white elephant that will never get off the ground.

Posted Image

#25    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

That's pretty awesome guys.I definitely get the inspirational part honestly but I have to ask what is the other like mission like for example.im lost actually what is the main purpose of this mission???send a couple into space that's it.

#26    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• 1,155 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

If they can actually manage to do this, it could be considered preparatory for manned missions that actually land on Mars. Some of the early Apollo missions merely swooped low over the Moon's surface, looped around the Moon, and came back to Earth. They wanted to first be sure they could do do the easy stuff (not at all easy, really, except in comparison to landing on and walking about on the Moon, and making it back to Earth.).

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,711 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Well I just hope Im still around when they fly around ! and back ! I`ll be cheering them all the Way ! :tu:
Can you just imagine the mental stress ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#28    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,784 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I would like to see this happen but it will never happen.
Its 2013 and we have not been back to the moon or even have a moon base.
Its all science fiction as of now.

#29    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,769 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

It could be done with today technology, but the deadline of five years? Im skeptical, but who knows...

#30    promKing

promKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

Wouldn't it be better if they used that money to send drilling drone to moon Europa to see what's under that ocean? That would also attract TV ratings especially if there are giant octopussies just waiting to be filmed.

Edited by promKing, 09 March 2013 - 06:09 PM.

yadda yadda yadda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users