Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

High-Altitude Archaeology!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

"A team of archaeologists from the University of York (UK) are to travel to the roof of the world to discover, survey, and record mountain archaeology in the Nepalese Himalayas. The Himalayan Exploration and Archaeological Research Team (HEART) will spend four weeks documenting high-altitude artefact scatters, rock shelters and formerly inhabited hand-cut cave systems that were used either as settlements and tombs dating back to the 3rd century BC."
http://www.artdaily....61#.USYuADf6I_4

I'm hoping they stumble upon an Ark and/or a Yeti shelter.  (Is this childish of me?)

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

An ark or THE ark? As far as I know there's only one flood story and one big boat to go with said flood story. :P

I think I'd rather them find a yeti house/shelter.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

4 weeks? Is that really enough? I am sure they will find a lot of bits scattered around up there, they will be the remains of the last lot that tried!

Edited by freetoroam, 21 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 21 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

An ark or THE ark? As far as I know there's only one flood story and one big boat to go with said flood story. :P

I think I'd rather them find a yeti house/shelter.

THE Ark... am not fussy though. :)  What would be bigger news, do you reckon; the Ark or a live Yeti?

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

4 weeks? Is that really enough? I am sure they will find a lot of bits scattered around up there, they will be the remains of the last lot that tried!

LOL

Maybe four weeks is all they can afford. :(

I imagine they'd need to be fit and tough to go scavenging around up there; I wish them well.

Edited by Eldorado, 21 February 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Lets hope they get back safely.
Hope they find something which the Sherpas have not already taken.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,500 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Lets hope they get back safely.
Hope they find something which the Sherpas have not already taken.

Those Sherpas in the Sherpa van?

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostEldorado, on 21 February 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Those Sherpas in the Sherpa van?
Lol, they sell the remains they find from the back of the van.

#8    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

I think a Yeti house would be more fun than a boat.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users