Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Gun control originally for repressing blacks

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#46    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Not really. Especially the Portuguese, as well as the Dutch, French and English, were performing raids on black tribes in which slaves were captured.

those damn europeans,  can't play fair

yes i know,

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 21 February 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Not to mention the number of black slaves the chinese had. But they would only allow them to land in china after they had been castrated, so no one is forcing the chinese to apologise for their past as there is no one to apologise too.

and it worked

RESIDENT TROLL.

#47    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postaztek, on 21 February 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

those damn europeans,  can't play fair
Well, there was no American identity around the 1500s. But they were for sure trading them to the Americas, or were even from the Americas.

#48    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

In the 1500's we did more exportation of Native American slaves and importation of Indian slaves. It is never wise to keep a slave close to his homelands a dumb man once wrote.

#49    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

According to studies done by anti-slavery groups, there are currently more slaves today than at any time in history! Three quarters are female and over half are children. It is believed that there are around 27 million people in slavery right now. Furthermore, this number does not include people who are not technically slaves but are in a form of servitude tantamount to slavery. This is sometimes called “unfree labor”. The average slave today costs around $90 – whereas in the past they cost upwards of $40,000 (in today’s money). A study done at Berkeley University estimates that there are around 10,000 slaves in the United States at the moment

https://www.freethes...ge.aspx?pid=304

RESIDENT TROLL.

#50    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Slavery is currently illegal and against the Constitution in the USA. So that is 10,000 people + that are in violation of Federal Law. Perhaps ICE will do something this tremendous problem. Or even DHS.

Edited by AsteroidX, 21 February 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#51    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,776 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Slavery is currently illegal and against the Constitution in the USA. So that is 10,000 people + that are in violation of Federal Law. Perhaps ICE will do something this tremendous problem. Or even DHS.

i think we got millions in usa in violation of federal law,

RESIDENT TROLL.

#52    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

I think we have a Federal Government in violation of Federal Law....But I wasnt going to go there.

#53    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,094 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 21 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Until I see some figures on Black legal vs illegal gun ownership Im not buying. Gun control is all about us whiteys.

White's not the point.  The point is they didn't want people to have guns who may fight back against being repressed.

#54    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,593 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostOverSword, on 21 February 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

The point is they didn't want people to have guns who may fight back against being repressed.

Just like now.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#55    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,845 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Interesting article OverSword, I hadn't really seen historical gun control strung together in such a way before. I had completely forgotten about the Sullivan Law.
Thanks for sharing :)

#56    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,094 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:

Africa had slaves well before America was even discovered...do we blame the white man for that?

Am sick about the black slave thing, Greeks, Romans, AFRICA all had slaves too. The black slaves in America were not the first on this planet. Many would have not been slaves if their families had not sold them in the first place...not all were "stolen"!!!
Again, I didn't post this as a white vs black thing.  I posted this as an example of the real reason behind gun control.  I don't know how you could read the article and not get that.  The UCLA professor who's work the article is based on clearly said he used to be for gun control until he studied the history of gun control and saw the true purpose behind it.  It's not about guns, the active word is CONTROL.

#57    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Im not certain not allowing slaves guns was more about keeping a group enslaved and self preservation then it was about actual gun control.

#58    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,415 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

There's a lot of threads about guns these days, I've noticed.  Is there a reason for this?

(Asks the clueless Scottish person far away on other side of the Atlantic)

#59    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

There's a lot of threads about guns these days, I've noticed.  Is there a reason for this?

Its the worlds obsession with Americans owning guns that fuels these debates. I can only think of one American (ND) that really has an opposing view on these topics. It is common knowledge that NATO would like the American people disarmed.

#60    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,378 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

View Postealdwita, on 21 February 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Before the Civil War, blacks were never allowed to own guns.

These days in the UK, they're almost the only people with them!

(Just another 'only whites can be racists' article) Nothing new there.

You missed the point sir, and that is understandable from your perspective from across the pond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users