Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

I don't want to go to Disney world anymore

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,864 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

'I don't want to go to Disney World anymore': Parents' fury as TSA agents detain their crying wheelchair-bound daughter, THREE, and confiscate her stuffed animal
  • Forck family was flying from Missouri to Orlando, Florida for vacation
  • Three-year-old daughter, Lucy, was detained for further testing ahead of family's February 8 flight
  • Stuffed animal 'Lamby' was confiscated
  • Lucy suffers from spinal bifida and is in a wheelchair
  • TSA later admitted girl should never have been threatened with patdown

The parents of a toddler with spinal bifida are outraged after TSA officials forced their daughter to undergo a series of additional security measures ahead of their flight to Disney World.
Nathan and Annie Forck were flying out of their home state of Missouri on a February 8 flight bound for Orlando, Florida with their wheelchair-bound daughter Lucy and their two other children.
Mrs Forck took a six-minute video detailing their toddler’s cries as she said through tears that she didn’t want to go to Disney World anymore, and is claiming the TSA discriminates against people who use mobility devices.

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

Edited by OverSword, 21 February 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Again, bigger meteor next time, please.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,482 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

Her stuffed animal, ‘Lamby,’ had been scanned via X-ray and had not been returned to her.

So where is the bit about the stuffed toy filled with explosives? there is not one, so why the heck did they have to do this?

The Transportation Security Administration was formed in early 2002 following the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Did she look like a terrorist? did for family resemble  muslim fundamentalists? NO!!!

Edited by freetoroam, 21 February 2013 - 10:52 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,106 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 21 February 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

did for family resemble  muslim fundamentalists? NO!!!

If they did, they'd have been passed right on through.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#5    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

The TSA. Killing tourist numbers to America since 2002. I am surprised that there is not outrage at unreasonable searches without cause as it is against the constitution. To bad people wanted their rights squashed for some percieved enhancement of safety.

#6    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

Poor little girl, they probably scared her!  She's just a baby, for crying out loud!  They should have offered to let mom or dad hold her if they wanted to do a pat down so badly.  I would feel the same way mom did, I wouldn't want any stranger touching my child.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#7    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,048 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 21 February 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

. To bad people wanted their rights squashed for some percieved enhancement of safety.

it isn't like ppl were asked to choose.

are you from usa?, where you asked?

Edited by aztek, 22 February 2013 - 01:20 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

It was all over the news here this morning. The vid of her was heartbreaking

Miss me?

#9    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,460 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

too stupid to give  "lamby"   back ..  too?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#10    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,431 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:46 AM

**** like this is what makes me think the "America is becoming a Fascist State" people might well be nutters, but they might be nutters who are right.

#11    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

View Postaztek, on 22 February 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Aztek, you react this way to any criticism of the US, calm down, we all complain about our own countries and there have been many Americans who make jibes at other countries in the news.  That is why we are all here, to voice opinions and to read other people's opinions.  They are not personal attacks towards you, but towards certain issues.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#12    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

View Postaztek, on 22 February 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

No. But i saw a few youtube videos just after the tsa started to gain public attention, with a few protesters gathering signatures. They mostly encountered people who thought it was vital to prevent another 9/11, which at the time made sense. If there was widespread protest of the tsa at that time, i doubt it would still be around.

#13    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,446 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 22 February 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

No. But i saw a few youtube videos just after the tsa started to gain public attention, with a few protesters gathering signatures. They mostly encountered people who thought it was vital to prevent another 9/11, which at the time made sense. If there was widespread protest of the tsa at that time, i doubt it would still be around.

There are still a lot of us that are protesting the TSA and refuse to spend money to go though their checkpoints.

#14    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostMichelle, on 22 February 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

There are still a lot of us that are protesting the TSA and refuse to spend money to go though their checkpoints.
forgive my ignorance, so does that mean you do not fly?  Or can you get around them somehow?

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#15    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,446 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

forgive my ignorance, so does that mean you do not fly?  Or can you get around them somehow?

I couldn't get around them on my trip to Ireland. To be honest, that may be the last time I fly. It wasn't traumatic, but it goes against my principles. There are so many places in the US I haven't explored and could probably spend a lifetime traveling to. At this point I don't see any reason not to take advantage of the places closer to home. The US is very vast...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users