Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

I don't want to go to Disney world anymore

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:32 AM

Michelle, on 22 February 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

I couldn't get around them on my trip to Ireland. To be honest, that may be the last time I fly. It wasn't traumatic, but it goes against my principles. There are so many places in the US I haven't explored and could probably spend a lifetime traveling to. At this point I don't see any reason not to take advantage of the places closer to home. The US is very vast...
I see.  All of North America is amazing, we have a lot of beautiful places here.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#17    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

If it works to catch would be terrorists, high jackers, & other people bringing dangerous things onto the plane I'm going on then I will stand in line, I will take my shoes off, and I will get patted down by any tired grumpy tsa she-agent there is...because I don't want to go out that way.  And trust me, I've been in some lines from hell... O'Hare for one... that was so long I wanted to lie on the ground and have the people behind me just roll me when we moved.

I do think they should not have touched the 3 year old baby.  There are other ways they could have handled that situation.  I saw, at O'Hare (I saw a lot since the line was so long) a wheelchair that they transferred people into then they went through the scanner, the personal chairs got inspected then the person was transferred back into their own chair.  Tedious but simple enough.

Do I even need to mention LAX??  I think I'm STILL in line!!!

Edited by Lava_Lady, 22 February 2013 - 07:36 AM.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#18    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

A variation on the theme of The Lucifer Effect in action.

All brought under fraud. :cry:

#19    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,984 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Lava_Lady, on 22 February 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

If it works to catch would be terrorists, high jackers, & other people bringing dangerous things onto the plane .......
but it doesn't, many times reporters tested the tsa, by bringing banned items on the plane, in most cases they were not stopped. quite a few ppl brought laded guns thru tsa checkpoints.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#20    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,984 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

glorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

forgive my ignorance, so does that mean you do not fly?  Or can you get around them somehow?
i drive around usa, when i go overseas i fly,
i have never had any problems with tsa, yet
there are things you can do to make your tsa check in painless and fast, when you give ppl what they ask for, they will be cooperative.you just need to exploit human nature, that is exactly how ordinary ppl, and reporters brought banned stuff on the plane.

Edited by aztek, 22 February 2013 - 03:28 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#21    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,326 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

just another story of uneducated power hungry *******s at the tsa being complete and utter douchebags.

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#22    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

If it works to catch would be terrorists, high jackers, & other people bringing dangerous things onto the plane I'm going on then I will stand in line, I will take my shoes off, and I will get patted down by any tired grumpy tsa she-agent there is...because I don't want to go out that way. And trust me, I've been in some lines from hell... O'Hare for one... that was so long I wanted to lie on the ground and have the people behind me just roll me when we moved.

See, I'm willing to accept that risk when I fly.

Personally, I think the best solution would be a combination: You can have high security flights, or you can chose the standard security flights. That way, those that don't want to want to get treated like a prison inmate to fly somewhere don't have to.

Also, the risk of people hijacking the low security flight and flying it into a building can be avoided by people simply doing their jobs: ie: if the plane is hijacked, a button is pressed that alerts NORAD, or if the plane deviates from its intended flight plan, NORAD is alerted.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#23    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,984 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

they do a lot better job than tsa.

Attached Thumbnails

• el-al-logo.gif

Edited by aztek, 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#24    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

aztek, on 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

but it doesn't, many times reporters tested the tsa, by bringing banned items on the plane, in most cases they were not stopped. quite a few ppl brought laded guns thru tsa checkpoints.

Really?  Wow.  I feel very lucky that I've made it off the planes alive!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#25    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,660 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

What the HELL is with this I hate America position by half a dozen members here on UM.

Now you guys have p***ed me off. Be prepared for un unmerciful slaughter(with words only) wherevever I find you.

Edited by pallidin, 22 February 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#26    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,326 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

pallidin, on 22 February 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

What the HELL is with this I hate America position by half a dozen members here on UM.

Now you guys have p***ed me off. Be prepared for un unmerciful slaughter wherevever I find you.

Posted Image

lol ;)

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#27    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,660 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

So, let's ban the TSA all together, and make any and all passenger searches immoral and illegal.

I would feel much safer on flights, wouldn't you?

Edited by pallidin, 22 February 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#28    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Why can't there be a happy medium?  It seems so many times governments-from many countries-or government agencies take things to extremes.  We have experienced bizarre things here in Canada, too.

#29    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,660 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

glorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Why can't there be a happy medium?  It seems so many times governments-from many countries-or government agencies take things to extremes.  We have experienced bizarre things here in Canada, too.

Exactly.

#30    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,733 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

pallidin, on 22 February 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Exactly.
If only they were as smart ad us!  Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users