Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How your smartphone will get smarter

smart phones technology 3d graphics

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Today's smartphones are much more than phones -- they are powerful, networked multimedia computers, and over the next 10 years they'll get far more advanced. As a result, mobility is transforming many day-to-day processes -- including how we sell, communicate, collaborate, train, and educate.
Here are six key technological developments that will revolutionize the smartphone over the next decade....
http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_c1

Check out the pictures!  These are cool!  My favorites are the:

Russian designer Kamil Izrailov's multi-faceted Mobikoma is made from multiple blocks that fasten together with micro locks. Each block can then be used individually or collectively as a phone or tablet.
and

This mobile phone-cum-projector by Italian designer Stefano Casanova has a rotatable screen with a micro-light projector that allows users to view their display on any flat surface.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#2    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

I can already pocket dial 911. Thats advanced enough for my needs.

#3    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 22 February 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

I can already pocket dial 911. Thats advanced enough for my needs.
I sell cell phones so, knowing stuff like this can make me look smart...something has to!  LOl

#4    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

We need to talk. I found this nugget.

#5    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 22 February 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

We need to talk. I found this nugget.
that is freaky!  I was wondering when they were going to do something like that!
Ha!  My number doesn't come up on it!

I lied, it will if you pay for the info.

Edited by glorybebe, 22 February 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yeah. Its freaky.

#7    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

I don't want a smarter phone!

It has to remain a Neanderthal for the time being.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#8    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

I sell cell phones so, knowing stuff like this can make me look smart...something has to!  LOl

Here's something for you then, Usher owns/ed (according to a news source) this phone. But still...
http://www.gsmarena....ture_s-2753.php
some ridculous bs pricetag but it's pretty decked out when it comes to materials used.

Edited by chopmo, 22 February 2013 - 11:57 AM.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#9    shrooma

shrooma

Needs an exorcist, not a shrink....

• 3,309 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

my phone has a little flap at the back where you shovel coal into it to make it work, but as I lose/break 3-4 phones a year, buying an expensive one would be pointless.

"The 'great' British public, they don't understand- 'why should there be riots in this 'civilised' land?'
'why is this country being brought to its knees?'
because ignorance, is the British disease."

#10    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postchopmo, on 22 February 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Here's something for you then, Usher owns/ed (according to a news source) this phone. But still...
http://www.gsmarena....ture_s-2753.php
some ridculous bs pricetag but it's pretty decked out when it comes to materials used.
Thank you for the link.  It is a 2/3G network we are at 4G right now.  I love my smartphone I have a Samsung.  I havevplayed with the z10, and not too excited about it.  Out of all the cell phones sold around the world, 1 in 4 are Samsung smartphones.

#11    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postshrooma, on 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

my phone has a little flap at the back where you shovel coal into it to make it work, but as I lose/break 3-4 phones a year, buying an expensive one would be pointless.
My advice is to shop aroundcand see what kind of warranty plans different stores provide.  Where I work, if you pay for the coverage, you break your phone, you get a new one.  You fry it in water, you get a new one.  We cover for three years.  We are a Canadian store, but, surely someone offers a coverage like this where you live?

#12    chopmo

chopmo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

• aaaah rabble rabble rabble rabble

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

You don't have to explain the market. 9/10 "iphone" customers would leave with an galaxy :)

The link was just a interesting ridculous phone that was released nothing special. It's also a few years old. Quite basic so no I'd personally wouldn't aim to own it :S

I'll be interested when Nokia release the flexible phones. Instead of pinching the screen you flex it in and out for the function.
A company over here was also started using "Liquapel" (spray silicon from what I understand) which "weatherproofs" the phone.

As for tablet's Galaxy Note 10.1 absolutely great tab for a business/professional.

But I'm happy with my quadcore processer haha. Smooth as a bell on the S3, even stopped using launchers because I was just that impressed with the functions and customisation on it's base software. I can't wait to see the S4 or what's next for Samsung. Then again there is a lot! of tech coming out soon that will change a fair bit of the normal household. It'll be a whole different place by at least 2015 at a minimum.

why is everyone so &^%$ing concerned with "the end"...
new beginnings is what you should be concerned about...

#13    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,309 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 22 February 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

My advice is to shop aroundcand see what kind of warranty plans different stores provide.  Where I work, if you pay for the coverage, you break your phone, you get a new one.  You fry it in water, you get a new one.  We cover for three years.  We are a Canadian store, but, surely someone offers a coverage like this where you live?
thanks for the advice, but I only really use my phone for its MP3 player. I always buy sony's as they have the best sound, and always small ones (xperia), as, because of the nature of my job, a large screen phone would be smashed to bits in days instead of weeks!
rather than pay a premium for insurance, I find it easier (and cheaper!) just to buy a new 2nd hand phone every time I break one.
I know it's not exactly a great system, but it works for me and my badly organised, slapdash way of life.....
:-)

"The 'great' British public, they don't understand- 'why should there be riots in this 'civilised' land?'

#14    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

View Postchopmo, on 24 February 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

You don't have to explain the market. 9/10 "iphone" customers would leave with an galaxy :)

The link was just a interesting ridculous phone that was released nothing special. It's also a few years old. Quite basic so no I'd personally wouldn't aim to own it :S

I'll be interested when Nokia release the flexible phones. Instead of pinching the screen you flex it in and out for the function.
A company over here was also started using "Liquapel" (spray silicon from what I understand) which "weatherproofs" the phone.

As for tablet's Galaxy Note 10.1 absolutely great tab for a business/professional.

But I'm happy with my quadcore processer haha. Smooth as a bell on the S3, even stopped using launchers because I was just that impressed with the functions and customisation on it's base software. I can't wait to see the S4 or what's next for Samsung. Then again there is a lot! of tech coming out soon that will change a fair bit of the normal household. It'll be a whole different place by at least 2015 at a minimum.

The Galaxy S4 is supposed to have an octo-core processor.  I have to wait a year to upgrade, so I will be getting an S4 or whatever is the newest at that point.

View Postshrooma, on 24 February 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

thanks for the advice, but I only really use my phone for its MP3 player. I always buy sony's as they have the best sound, and always small ones (xperia), as, because of the nature of my job, a large screen phone would be smashed to bits in days instead of weeks!
rather than pay a premium for insurance, I find it easier (and cheaper!) just to buy a new 2nd hand phone every time I break one.
I know it's not exactly a great system, but it works for me and my badly organised, slapdash way of life.....
:-)
Boy, I wished you lived near me....I could make a lot of money seeling you phones!  LOl, just kidding.

#15    shrooma

shrooma

• 3,309 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 24 February 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Boy, I wished you lived near me....I could make a lot of money seeling you phones!  LOl, just kidding.
you probably could!
the place where I usually buy my phones from? I think i'm putting the owner's kids through college!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users