Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Women In Professional Sports

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,258 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Ping pong

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#17    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 26 February 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

That's all true. You obviously agree that women can't and won't ever match men in size and strength, although they may improve in given sports over time. I don't think that incredibly strong women always have anomalous bodies (in the health sense), though. Some healthy, normal women are incredibly strong. There's a lot of variation both between and within the two human genders. Some females have great genes for size, strength, speed, etc.. They can optimize their physical traits in natural ways. Of course, many female athletes are enhanced by artificial means in ways that they weren't in the past. You still find accounts of great female athletes and fighters from the past, though. Some of them entertained their contemporaries in strong-woman acts in traveling circuses. Some of them performed feats of strength at beaches and on stages. That's not to mention the long list of historical "Xenas", as well as female combat athletes of all kinds.

I absolutely agree.  Where I was referring to the hormonal inbalance I was speaking specifically of muscle, not strength.  Some of the strongest women weight lifters, who can lift the heaviest weights are tiny little things, but incredibly strong.  But when it comes to weight lifting and actually building new muscle (not just increasing strength) the general woman does not have the testosterone to do it in a great amount like a man (unless they are taking steriods or have a hormonal imbalance).

But yes, in regards to strength I totally agree :)

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 26 February 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

I absolutely agree.  Where I was referring to the hormonal inbalance I was speaking specifically of muscle, not strength.  Some of the strongest women weight lifters, who can lift the heaviest weights are tiny little things, but incredibly strong.  But when it comes to weight lifting and actually building new muscle (not just increasing strength) the general woman does not have the testosterone to do it in a great amount like a man (unless they are taking steriods or have a hormonal imbalance).

But yes, in regards to strength I totally agree :)

One thing i always noticed from women in training pound for pound their leg strength is far greater than a mans.I have seen 115 pound women who leg strength can be compared to men at 170 its crazy!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 26 February 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

One thing i always noticed from women in training pound for pound their leg strength is far greater than a mans.I have seen 115 pound women who leg strength can be compared to men at 170 its crazy!

It's absolutely amazing isn't it.  Last night my 6yr old was seeing who was the "strongest"... me or his daddy.  So he feels my biceps and says "hmmm, quite strong"....... then he feels my husbands and says "hmmmmm, squishy" hahaha!  I think my husband might be starting lifting very soon lol.

#20    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 26 February 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

It's absolutely amazing isn't it.  Last night my 6yr old was seeing who was the "strongest"... me or his daddy.  So he feels my biceps and says "hmmm, quite strong"....... then he feels my husbands and says "hmmmmm, squishy" hahaha!  I think my husband might be starting lifting very soon lol.

:lol:  That is funny!Just dont out leg press him in front of your son,neither one may ever get over it hahaha.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#21    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,611 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 26 February 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

Ping pong

Hence the weight divisions. You need heft to wield that heavy paddle.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#22    Detective Mystery 2015

Detective Mystery 2015

Poltergeist

• 2,611 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostMoon Gazer, on 26 February 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

But yes, in regards to strength I totally agree ;)

There's no doubt that the average man is more muscular. Most women won't build "man muscles" through ordinary weight training, especially if they do high repetitions with light weights. Of course, there are amazons who can reach impressive genetic potentials in a natural way. It's true that some smaller female lifters are very strong, especially for their size. The larger female lifters are much stronger, though. All larger male lifters and most smaller male lifters are stronger than the larger female lifters at the elite competitive level. Credit testosterone. Female bodybuilders, with goblin jaws, do. ;)

Edited by Detective Mystery 2013, 27 February 2013 - 04:45 AM.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users