Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The EU is on the blitz against Eurosceptics.

propaganda.

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#1    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ

• 2,419 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Appears to me that the Happy happy joy joy nobel peace prise winning European Union is not content to allow people in Blogs or Forums to have political debates where (dare I say it) someone might say something bad against the European union!! :o (This imo shows these paranoid people in power are very afraid.)

The Daily Telegraph has seen confidential spending proposals and internal documents planning an unprecedented propaganda blitz ahead of and during European elections in June 2014.

Key to a new strategy will be "public opinion monitoring tools" to "identify at an early stage whether debates of political nature among followers in social media and blogs have the potential to attract media and citizens' interest".

"Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths."

http://www.telegraph...ptic-surge.html

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,111 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Herr Doktor Goebbels would approve.

* Isn't it interesting how so much of this sounds so similar to the kind of thing the Politburo and the Central Committee of the Communist Party would come up with. "A confidential document entitled "political guidelines for the institutional information and communication campaign" was agreed by the parliament's administrative "bureau" last July." Yes, Comrade.

Edited by Lord Vetinari, 22 February 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#3    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,957 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sounds like politics to me.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#4    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,111 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Spending includes a £9.4 million instalment for a controversial new museum of Europe, an £82 million "House of European History" opening in 2015 to celebrate the EU's "historical memory" and to "promote awareness of European identity".
Perhaps Nuremburg would be a suitable location.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,386 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

Too much in-fighting, back stabbing and squabbling going on,for Europe to ever be a Super Power.(Its my ball and I'm not playing anymore).!!!

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#6    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 22 February 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Too much in-fighting, back stabbing and squabbling going on,for Europe to ever be a Super Power.(Its my ball and I'm not playing anymore).!!!

It worked out OK for the U.S., with just as much in-fighting, back-stabbing and squabbling going on :)

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,115 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

The Eurocrats have found a tax, the transactions tax, that would tax Britain a lot and the other countries only a little.  If they manage to impose it, the net effect will be to drive most stock and other financial transactions to the States, giving the Eurocrats little extra money and harming Britain a lot.

#8    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,386 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 22 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

It worked out OK for the U.S., with just as much in-fighting, back-stabbing and squabbling going on :)
  Guess you are right but then the U.S hasnt got 27 different nations and languages to worry about.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#9    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Guess you are right but then the U.S hasnt got 27 different nations and languages to worry about.

True enough.

#10    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

how stupid. everyone should be allowed to say what they like about europe ! I think we should still trade with them but get rid of all this E.C.O.H nonsense!

#11    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,111 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 22 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Apart from that little glitch between 1861 and 1865 ...

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#12    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,049 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

Well, this was predictable, it's how they do things. (see Irish referendum).

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 22 February 2013 - 12:49 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#13    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

The EU needs to buck its ideas up.  One of the reasons why Euroskepticism is on the increase and is now a view shared by the majority of the people of the EU is because of the EU's utter contempt for democracy and free speech.  This attempt to "silence" anybody who dares question the EU is like something from a left-wing dictatorship and is going to do NOTHING to halt the spread of Euroskeptiscism.

#14    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

The Eurocrats have found a tax, the transactions tax, that would tax Britain a lot and the other countries only a little.  If they manage to impose it, the net effect will be to drive most stock and other financial transactions to the States, giving the Eurocrats little extra money and harming Britain a lot.

Don't worry.  If the transactions tax is ever imposed it will just simply drive Britain out of the EU and back to freedom and democracy.

#15    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,409 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

the EU budget for propaganda as gone through the roof. they are using the tactics of 3 to 1. in spending terms. you'd think if the EU was so good, people would already realise without being told. -  i had to laugh last week, while watching highlights of EU debates/rules being passed, i couldn't believe what i witnessed, while Rome burns (europe falling apart) they debated and passed a new EU rule, that a Jigsaw puzzle of Five hundred pieces or more will no longer be classed as a Toy. and unsuitable for Children. if its 500 pieces or less it will still be classed as a Toy. you couldn't make it up could you.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

Also tagged with propaganda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users