Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Texas Bans Shooting Immigrants from Helicop

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,914 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

My.....how progressive of them!

From the article:

Officials in Texas announced on Thursday that State Troopers would no longer be allowed to open fire on suspects from helicopters after the recent killing of two immigrants.
While announcing the new policy, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw insisted that the ban on aerial shootings had nothing to do with the October 2012 death of two Guatemalan immigrants, who were gunned down by troopers in helicopter while they were hiding in the back of a speeding pickup truck near La Joya.
“I’m convinced that now, from a helicopter platform, that we shouldn’t shoot unless being shot at, or unless someone is being shot at,” McCraw told the state House Committee on Appropriations. “Last Friday, after a review of the policy and looking at all of the different things, and this is not a reflection of what happened there, I’m a firm believer they did exactly what they thought they needed to do.”
http://www.rawstory....om-helicopters/

#2    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

• I see shadows on the road again wonder if they coming for my soul. I get trapped up in this mode I'm in and will I every grow old.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

“I’m convinced that now, from a helicopter platform, that we shouldn’t shoot unless being shot at, or unless someone is being shot at,”

lmao yeah, no **** sherlock.

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Simply WTF. They have drones to do the shooting now. Why risk a helicopter.

#4    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

What a novel idea,not shooting at the unarmed people on the ground from high up on your perch in the sky!With **** like this happening and we are worried about ordinary citizens having guns.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,992 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

If this story is true, I'm surprised Texas banned it.

#6    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

It likely violates some International law TBH.

#7    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,698 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Can't anybody have a bit of fun, these days?

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#8    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,916 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

I agree that shooting people for illegally crossing a border is heinous.  But it raises some questions to me.  Does the US or any of it's states have a right to have a border at all?  If that right exists then are we not allowed to decide by legal decree who can and who cannot cross it?  If very large numbers of people decide to break that law and cross illegally then what response is considered ethical in the eyes of the world community?  What does England do?  How about Ireland, Australia or Canada?  For that matter, how does Mexico react if a US citizen violates their border headed south?  There seems to be no agreement on what is right any longer but one thing I feel is certain is that if unlimited numbers of poor and uneducated and even violent individuals are allowed to cross without consequence, then eventually the US will be no more desirable than the hell holes they escaped from.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#9    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Posted Image

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#10    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,116 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Dammit.  This was the whole reason I'm taking piloting classes.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

One could look at the exodus from Syria and other conflicts to demonstrate how mass crossings are dealt with on a short term basis.

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,116 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

View Postand then, on 22 February 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Does the US or any of it's states have a right to have a border at all?  If that right exists then are we not allowed to decide by legal decree who can and who cannot cross it?

Not in this era.  Y'know, 'cause:

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,916 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

I wonder how long it was before the Visigoths realized they could steal or destroy what the Romans had, but could not reproduce it once the Romans were gone?  America is/was wealthy because of many ideas and a cohesion of beliefs.  Once that is broken then the magic is lost.  Who knows?  Maybe these immigrants will take the existing resources and make a better America for themselves in future - but I think it unlikely.  Too many have come like carrion.  Not enough who want to build.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#14    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Mexico doesn't treat illegals well but yet it is only wrong if we don't.

Police state: How Mexico treats illegal aliens

#15    omerta

omerta

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Dammit. Now what am I supposed to do with all my free time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users