Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious Circle Appears In Southern Indiana

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Mysterious Circle Appears In Southern Indiana
9:05 AM EDT Jul 31, 2009

Posted Image

Posted Image

OTISCO, Ind. —A couple in southern Indiana has a mystery on their hands that may just be out-of-this-world.

"He showed it to me," said Jean Drury. "I said, 'It's a UFO or someone spray-painted it while we were asleep.'"

Drury's husband Adam woke up Thursday and saw a perfect 12-foot circle on his lawn in Otisco.

They said a black substance was left on the grass and has a strange smell to it.

They have no idea how it got there.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/...l#ixzz2LiwCQrUR

Edited by topsecretresearch, 23 February 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#2    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

Too bad they did not contact a UFO organization to test the black substance. Could be a landing trace.

#3    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,217 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Voodoo!

p.s. That is one of the worst 'perfect' circles I've ever seen.  (only saying)

Edited by Eldorado, 23 February 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#4    BuzzLightYear

BuzzLightYear

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

They're called Fairy Rings

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Fairy_ring

#5    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Fungus Among Us ?!

#6    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,934 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Erm, that's a "perfect" circle?  It clearly isn't.

One thing that gets my goat in the area of the paranormal is the usage of words and phrases like "perfect" in combination with words like "straight", "parallel", "circular" when describing something that is clearly not so even at a quick naked eye glance.  It really doesn't do any favours for those who are trying to promote whatever it is they are trying to promote with such sloppy and inaccurate usage of otherwise very definite terms.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#7    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,187 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

View PostBuzzLightYear, on 23 February 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Indeed. How one does not know that is mind boggling...

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#8    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

I must admit that I do not believe that the crop circles througout the world are all hoaxes.  I see them as communication from someone somewhere, God, ET, not sure, but I don't think they're all fake.  Way to much precision in regularity.  Like it or not somethings are beyond explanation, as of now anyway.

However, there was a very bad drought this past year, all throughout the midwest in most places, and that picture is obviously right at the time that the drought was ending.  I know for a fact that during the worst of it drain lines, water lines, septic perimeters, sprinkler lines, ... and other buried object such as old foundations, will not allow water to settle and the grass above it dies faster, first, and comes back last.  This picture appears to me to be exactly that.  Something in the center allowing water to be absorbed at the perimeter, surviving the worst of the drought and coming back quicker than the rest of the lawn about the area.  I have a spot just like that where i spread sand over the years to keep the bottom ot the round swimming pool from poking a hole in the liner.  The grass never comes back very well, but the surrounding perimeter was very well saturated and the root system never suffered.  I really believe that is the case in the instance.

#9    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

It coulb be a fungus or something natural or a prank but I'm curious what the mysterious black substance was. Debunkers claimed the Delphos, Kansas case was fungus but I don't believe that was the case. Of course, the ring looked different than this case where no UFO was observed.

Edited by topsecretresearch, 24 February 2013 - 05:05 AM.

#10    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 24 February 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

It coulb be a fungus or something natural or a prank but I'm curious what the mysterious black substance was. Debunkers claimed the Delphos, Kansas case was fungus but I don't believe that was the case. Of course, the ring looked different than this case where no UFO was observed.
The black substance could be tiny fungal spores, which, collectively, can look like a very fine black powder. In the Delphos Kansas case (1971) the soil in the ring had a number of anomalous properties not obviously related to fungal growth. These included inability of the soil to absorb moisture, and various changes in soil chemistry.

#11    JoeyLuisLeel

JoeyLuisLeel

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

the circles come from moisture from a previous rainfall, the grass which is obviously thick soaked it in and the next day on a sunny day it caked or baked rather within the grass cause the circle to appear. and on the drought...i dont believe that. that grass is just too damned green unless they were watering it or they had a trampoline there possibly

Edited by JoeyLuisLeel, 24 February 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Posted Image

#12    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostBuzzLightYear, on 23 February 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

We have them round were I live.
Can`t believe people do not know about them!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#13    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Fungus is a great thing!!

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#14    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 24 February 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Indeed. How one does not know that is mind boggling...

Cheers,
Badeskov

Because Badeskov if you are educated in any field of human knowledge you would know answer. (Im sure you did. You are just fine example that good grades doesnt grant you insights.)
As far you progress, as you learn, you become more and more specalized in one field. To the tiny fraction of that knowledge. If you are doctor you become specalized in one field of medicine. For example. In the end, you end up as person who knows and understand one tiny part of whole human knowledge.

Cheers,

L

Edited by the L, 04 March 2013 - 09:04 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#15    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,187 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Postthe L, on 04 March 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

Because Badeskov if you are educated in any field of human knowledge you would know answer. (Im sure you did. You are just fine example that good grades doesnt grant you insights.)
As far you progress, as you learn, you become more and more specalized in one field. To the tiny fraction of that knowledge. If you are doctor you become specalized in one field of medicine. For example. In the end, you end up as person who knows and understand one tiny part of whole human knowledge.

Cheers,

L

Sorry, I did not quite get what you mean. I knew of fairy rings before I even started in school, they were plentiful in my parents garden.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users