Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious Circle Appears In Southern Indiana

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 05 March 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

Sorry, I did not quite get what you mean. I knew of fairy rings before I even started in school, they were plentiful in my parents garden.

Cheers,
Badeskov

So because its common knowledge to you they must be common knowledge to everyone? Amazing.

Cheers,
L

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#17    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

View Postthe L, on 05 March 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

So because its common knowledge to you they must be common knowledge to everyone? Amazing.

Cheers,
L
That is rather the definition of common knowledge

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#18    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

If not from personal experience, then there is always Google. Unless one prefers fringe web sites as main source of information. Then "common knowledge" becomes a little more subjective.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#19    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 05 March 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

That is rather the definition of common knowledge

To whom? LOL

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#20    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View Postthe L, on 05 March 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

To whom? LOL
The majority of the populace of course.  Common knowledge defined: something widely or generally known.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#21    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

The majority of the populace of course.  Common knowledge defined: something widely or generally known.

Okay maybe you didnt understand my previous post.
Lets try again.

If I know something about specific phenomenan does that mean its common knowledge?

#22    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

View Postthe L, on 05 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Okay maybe you didnt understand my previous post.
Lets try again.

If I know something about specific phenomenan does that mean its common knowledge?
Sorry to interrupt, but this is not a specific phenomena, its just plain and simple fairy rings. I do understand though if someone has not seen them before then they would find it strange, but personally I would have googled it first , there it would have shown that it was common in many parts and common knowledge too.

peace

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#23    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Its not common knowledge. And its phenomenan.
Common knowledge is that Egyptians built pyramids and done mummies, that Chinese invented compass, paper, printing and gunpowder. Socrates was philosopher.
That Spainyard conquer Aztecs and Inca. That Newton discover gravity. That Eiffel tower is in Paris...

Not fairy rings. Im sure 99% people of the world never heard of it. And when you compare with number of people who heard about Egyptian pyramids or Eiffel tower Fairy ring isnt common knowledge.

#24    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,021 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I dunno, mushroom rings/fairy rings are pretty commonly known all around my area too. I wouldn't say every person knows them, but a great deal of the people do. I've never seen fairy rings quite as big as what's in the OP article, but I have seen a few that were at least 5 feet across.

Anywho, I had a thought... I don't know anything about the area to know if they have a septic tank or not, but perhaps the circle is indicative of some early septic tank problems?

#25    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,476 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postthe L, on 05 March 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Its not common knowledge. And its phenomenan.
Common knowledge is that Egyptians built pyramids and done mummies, that Chinese invented compass, paper, printing and gunpowder. Socrates was philosopher.
That Spainyard conquer Aztecs and Inca. That Newton discover gravity. That Eiffel tower is in Paris...

Not fairy rings. Im sure 99% people of the world never heard of it. And when you compare with number of people who heard about Egyptian pyramids or Eiffel tower Fairy ring isnt common knowledge.
99% is pretty high.
The Pyramids or the Eiffel Tower or any of the other listed above are not exactly things which pop up out of the ground at certain times of the year and then go away again in a week or so, so  maybe that is why people are more aware of them!
My point was, a google search would have shown that fairy rings are quite common and not a mystery. It does not mean that everyone has heard of them, true, but it certainly is not one of the worlds mysteries...so as for "mysterious circles".........sorry, but they are not.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#26    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

Personally I never heard about mushroom rings and Im interested in all kinds of phenomenan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users