Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

should sex offenders be chemically castrated?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: should sex offenders be chemically castrated? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

should sex offenders be chemically castrated

1. yes. if they are proven (10 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

2. no. They shouldn't be. (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Sometimes. (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Not bothered either way (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostHasina, on 23 February 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Does chemically castrating a male sex offender stop him from ever committing a sex related crime? What do we do with women sex offenders?

I think they should all be put to death if proven guilty.

Not deffending the act but rape is not murder so an eye for an eye does not balance out in the balance of law.  The death penalty hasn`t stopped murder 1.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,214 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Before anyone goes to far.....

I know of 2 people that are registered " sex offenders ". They are labeled " sex offenders " where they live. They can not find jobs, have trouble renting, etc...

Why are they sex offenders?

One was 18 and had a 16 year old girl friend, and yes, they had sex. The parents were not happy......He is now a registered sex offender.

The other was 20, had a few dates ( more like booty calls ) with a girl who was maddly in love with him. She said she was 19, and she looked it. She even had ID showing this...When she ended up pregnant, the truth came out...Another 16 year old.....Now he is a registered sex offender.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,565 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Any rapists or pedophiles reading? Repent! Go get help immediately! It is an internal grief you have against your own self or other deep rooted emotional qualms that has taken control of you. You have added to your own shame making it worste for you. Some say there is no hope for you? Is that true? Repent! Take control of your own life and quit hurting other people. Get the help you need.

I also consider this a form of rape:

A man (in most cases) telling a woman he loves her and that he wants to marry her just so he can sleep with her and then bail out. These lies, emotional and physical penetration are a violation and assault on a womans body.

Edited by SpiritWriter, 23 February 2013 - 08:55 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

View PostAsteroidX, on 23 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Give them there own prison itleast. There not popular amongst the common thieves and murderers and your old pot growing community. Those criminals that live by a criminal code think rapists need to die as well. Put them in general population is a stab at the common criminal. Just kill em. Many of them do murder there victims and the number of victims each rapist has is usually not reflected in there criminal profile.

I`m for a prison system that of Escape from New York.

#20    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostSakari, on 23 February 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

I know of 2 people that are registered " sex offenders ". They are labeled " sex offenders " where they live. They can not find jobs, have trouble renting, etc...

One was 18 and had a 16 year old girl friend, and yes, they had sex. The parents were not happy......He is now a registered sex offender.

The other was 20, had a few dates ( more like booty calls ) with a girl who was maddly in love with him. She said she was 19, and she looked it. She even had ID showing this...When she ended up pregnant, the truth came out...Another 16 year old.....Now he is a registered sex offender.

Very true and sometimes all it takes is pointing a finger. Once the claim is made the guy has very little to fall back on in his deffence.

#21    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Very true and sometimes all it takes is pointing a finger. Once the claim is made the guy has very little to fall back on in his deffence.

I agree and pointed that out at the beginning of this thread. We have like so many other things put up a huger smokescreen in what may be considered a petty violation or not a crime at all and a serial rapist/child molester and lumped them into the same stigma. This is completely unfair TBH. But that being said a child has the right to grow up safe and taking that away is worse then murder in most cases.

Edited by AsteroidX, 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#22    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Not deffending the act but rape is not murder so an eye for an eye does not balance out in the balance of law.  The death penalty hasn`t stopped murder 1.
I'm not in it for an 'eye for an eye' nor as a deterrent for future rapists, this is obviously a person who can't function in society, a person who can't control sexual urges or violent urges. Stealing is one thing, murder and rape are crimes against a person's a body, completely different then stealing someone's car or ruining their property. Rapists and murderers destroy people, simple.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#23    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,214 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I agree and pointed that out at the beginning of this thread. We have like so many other things put up a huger smokescreen in what may be considered a petty violation or not a crime at all and a serial rapist/child molester and lumped them into the same stigma. This is completely unfair TBH. But that being said a child has the right to grow up safe and taking that away is worse then murder in most cases.

Sorry about that, I meant to quote yours, and add my two examples.....Long day I guess....I read yours, and came back later to post....My bad.

Edited by Sakari, 23 February 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#24    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostHasina, on 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm not in it for an 'eye for an eye' nor as a deterrent for future rapists, this is obviously a person who can't function in society, a person who can't control sexual urges or violent urges. Stealing is one thing, murder and rape are crimes against a person's a body, completely different then stealing someone's car or ruining their property. Rapists and murderers destroy people, simple.

I agree but I will not be a part of any type of murder. Life in prison.

#25    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 23 February 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

I agree but I will not be a part of any type of murder. Life in prison.
Where resources can be wasted on them to keep them alive. I'd put then to work at the very least. Good, back breaking work with no pay. Doubt that, they'd probably just be locked up for 23 hours a day, then walked for an hour.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#26    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Sorry about that, I meant to quote yours, and add my two examples.....Long day I guess....I read yours, and came back later to post....My bad.

Those types of discrepancies in our allocation of justice deserve repeating. No harm no foul.

#27    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Nope the lowest trivial cases aren't worth it(AsteroidX and Sakari's examples) and the worst cases should get far far worse. I could easily live with the worst of them all getting tortured but there are laws protecting against that sort of thing.......

My cousin fell pray to the 16/18 high school sex offender list bull. He has been married to the girl for nearly 15 years now. Their life together though has been very very difficult because he is on that registry.

#28    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 24 February 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

Nope the lowest trivial cases aren't worth it(AsteroidX and Sakari's examples) and the worst cases should get far far worse. I could easily live with the worst of them all getting tortured but there are laws protecting against that sort of thing.......

My cousin fell pray to the 16/18 high school sex offender list bull. He has been married to the girl for nearly 15 years now. Their life together though has been very very difficult because he is on that registry.

That sucks.....Total bull****.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#29    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

View PostPurplos, on 23 February 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Time and time again... rape is about control, not sex for the most part. A chemically castrated person can still rape someone with with an object or their hands. Also, a chemically castrated male can actually counteract the drugs with one of many testosterone boosting meds on the market.

Violent or repeat sexual offenders should be removed from the world.
Exactly. It is frustrating that some people cannot get this through their heads.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#30    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,708 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

View PostHasina, on 23 February 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Totally agree.  And, IMO, yes a person can be falsely accused of rape, that is why I believe that serial rapists  should be put to death.  Once someone has repeatedly forced their will on others, then obvioulsy they can't be reformed and re-enter society.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users