Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

British woman beheaded in grocery store

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,672 posts

• I might have been born yesterday but, I've been up all night.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 25 February 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

Well said asteroid.The real story behind these events should not be about controlling anything,recent events have been by a very few mentally disturbed individuals not responsible law abiding citizens.The real discussion that should be going on is mental health worldwide.If someone is sick enough in the head they can and will hurt others no matter what the weapon is.

Agreed, this has nothing to do with gun control.

#47    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Agreed, this has nothing to do with gun control.

Neither is the video. But you cant watch it so I wont digress anymore.

#48    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:31 AM

The first step would be discussing why our male youth is easily duped into being prescribed with SSRI's in the first place.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#49    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Good advertising and free samples. They stole that approach from the 80's crack dealers.

#50    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

It's two years old. Not exactly new news. Also, there was already a thread fore this in the UK and Europe section.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#51    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 25 February 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Brits are crazy. If they had guns this crap wouldnt happen

You calling the British crazy? Isn't that like Stalin calling Mao a mass murderer?

Also, you can tell that video is old simply by the crappy quality of the film, the horrid clothing and hair styles.

Edited by MichaelW, 25 February 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#52    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

OMG!!  Horrific barely describes the situation, poor lady!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#53    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,213 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostHeartsAreForBreaking, on 25 February 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Oh I realize that, I was just 'tangenting' on the fact that having stockpiles of machetes/large knives laying around can be verrrrry dangerous. Have you ever been through the jungle in Guatemala? You can't do it without a machete. Problem is, people start hacking each other up and you get drug/cartel related acts of terrorism running a country or continent ragged, and suddenly everyone owning a machete makes one uncomfortable.
I can see what you are saying. But you could apply this to lumberjacks too, they use a chainsaw to chop down trees, it does not mean everyone will start walking the streets threatening people with a chainsaw.

No i have not been, and would imagine they would need one. Do they have a problem there of people hacking each other up with the machete`s?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#54    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

That is just so horrible. Poor woman and all the people who witnessed it. :td:

View PostQuiteContrary, on 23 February 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Disgusting and maddening that he was just ignored by authorities.
Is it difficult to cut off a head? What kind of knife would he have used that no one (security guards spoken of) noticed?

I personally would reckon it was a machete, very large knife or some kind of short sword. I would most likely guess machete though, for the fact it would be the easiest to use without trianing/practice and the quickest to go through bone.

View Postpallidin, on 23 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

The sites I saw on beheading(sorry, out of respect I will not link them) is generally gruesome(takes about 1-minute)
A lot of initial pain for the victim.

The knife is sharp on one side, serrated on the other side. The sharp side is used for the initial cut, to "bleed-out' the victim.
The serrated side is used to tear through neck muscle and the upper neck spinal region.

Sorry for being so graphic.

EDIT: Mods. Feel free to delete my post if deemed too gross. I would understand.

I'm sure someone would have noticed him doing that though, there would have been more of a scene if he did it that way. Seems more like it was really quick.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#55    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostCoffey, on 25 February 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

I personally would reckon it was a machete, very large knife or some kind of short sword. I would most likely guess machete though, for the fact it would be the easiest to use without trianing/practice and the quickest to go through bone.

Yes, that is what i meant in my post. What did he carry on him that no one noticed him with it, like the security guards he had to go past?
I wondered if it must be sizeable (like a machete).
I see now the market sold them. So, he must have grabbed it inside and used it quickly?

#56    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 25 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

Yes, that is what i meant in my post. What did he carry on him that no one noticed him with it, like the security guards he had to go past?
I wondered if it must be sizeable (like a machete).
I see now the market sold them. So, he must have grabbed it inside and used it quickly?

That seems the most plausible. But you could easily hide a Kukri Machete from a security guard as well. Kurki's can be pretty small but would certianly decapitate someone with ease.

This is a Kurki beside a gun scope to give you an idea of size:

Posted Image

The way the blade is means it hits pretty hard for a smaller machete. Very efficient weapon/tool.

I'm shocked there is no mention of the actual weapon. If this was a shooting, we'd have the exact model of gun, magazine size and attachments listed.. lol

Edited by Coffey, 25 February 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#57    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Could that the weapon above his head? Looks like a handle and start of the blade to me...

Looks a bit like a Katana handle, I wouldn't imagine he used a Katana though, unless he had a very expensive one, the mall ninja Katanas are usually cheap and break easily. Does also resemble a machete handle and the blade appears thick.. too blurry to make out. So just guesses.

Edited by Coffey, 25 February 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#58    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

I think we need a butcher and/or a Bulgarian for the exact details of how to decapitate a human being.

--

Some here have been decapitated already, they just don't know it yet...

#59    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

I feel horrible for the victim, just thinking that her last conscious minute or two were in shock and confusion as she watched her body fall to the ground.   Freaks me out...  ::: shiver:::

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users