Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush's bulge stirs media rumours

Talon

A bulge in the back of President George W Bush's suit jacket during the first TV debate with John Kerry has triggered rumours that he was wired to get help.

Internet websites alleged the apparent bulge, during last week's debate in Miami, was a radio receiver feeding him answers from an offstage aide.

The Bush campaign dismissed the claims, saying it was just a wrinkle in the presidential jacket.

It also denied some web reports that Mr Bush was wearing a bullet-proof vest.

"People have been spending too much time dealing with Internet conspiracies. It's ridiculous," Bush campaign manager Scott Stanzel was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

Another campaign official said it was nothing more than a question of tailoring.

"There was nothing under his suit jacket," Nicolle Devenish, the Bush campaign's communications director, told the New York Times newspaper.

"It was most likely a rumpling of that portion of his suit jacket, or a wrinkle in the fabric," Ms Devenish added.

President Bush's tailor later said that the bulge was nothing more than a pucker along the jacket's back seam, according to the Seattle Times newspaper.

Georges de Paris, who made the suit worn by Mr Bush, said the bulge was accentuated when the president crossed his arms and leaned forward.

user posted image

A square patch was visible on Bush's back during the debate [TV Pool Photo]

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/worl...cas/3730364.stm

Edited by Talon S.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• Independent1

• bathory

• Angelofmercy

Top Posters In This Topic

A bulge in the back of President George W Bush's suit jacket during the first TV debate with John Kerry has triggered rumours that he was wired to get help.

Internet websites alleged the apparent bulge, during last week's debate in Miami, was a radio receiver feeding him answers from an offstage aide.

The Bush campaign dismissed the claims, saying it was just a wrinkle in the presidential jacket.

It also denied some web reports that Mr Bush was wearing a bullet-proof vest.

300140[/snapback]

If Bush was cheating, he did a bad job of it. He looked aweful in that first debate.

Note that the source of this was BBC, which has a definate anti-war, anti-bush bias. I believe that they have even been busted for misreporting news from Iraq to further their anti-war agenda.

Kerry was acused of cheating only a week ago, nobody was so quick to question the source then

Kerry was acused of cheating only a week ago, nobody was so quick to question the source then

300168[/snapback]

It wasnt on any major news source. I knew it, like this, was BS.

300168[/snapback]

It wasnt on any major news source. I knew it, like this, was BS.

300174[/snapback]

The Kerry thing came from the drudge report, which has a known conservative bias. So the Kerry cheating allegation is just as silly.

I still don't get why it matters laugh.gif Surely you elect people on their policies not debating skills

I still don't get why it matters laugh.gif Surely you elect people on their policies not debating skills

300270[/snapback]

It shouldn't, but too many people only watch the debates to make up their mind, or only catch odd bits of news like this one.

Like Party Conferences in the UK, only they do it in the same show and people actually care? laugh.gif

"People have been spending too much time dealing with Internet conspiracies. It's ridiculous," Bush campaign manager Scott Stanzel was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

If it's so ridiculous why do they even respond to it?

It shouldn't, but too many people only watch the debates to make up their mind, or only catch odd bits of news like this one

Also ever since Nixon looked so bad compared to Kennedy and lost the election the importance of the debates has been over inflated.

If it's so ridiculous why do they even respond to it?

so people know their point of view?

it would be like allegations Kerry slept with John Edwards, sure they are rediculous, but if it were to get out into the mainstream press i think it would be quite reasonable for Kerry to respond?

hell they just did a new peice on it over here in australia. What a joke, did Bush have a bulge during the second debate?

Edited by bathory

Bush's bulge stirs rumours

...huh!!!

ohhh... the bulge in his back sad.gif Thought they were talking about something else!!! blush.gifw00t.gif

Edited by Lottie

*LOL* that's funny

Does this remind anyone else of Kindergarten?

"He Cheated!"

"He Cheated First!"

"He had PAPER"

"He had a bulge!!"

"He called me a liar!"

"He called me a liberal!"

"MOMMY!!"

"MOMMY"

Waaaaaawaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Good one Lottie laugh.giflaugh.gif

Note that the source of this was BBC, which has a definate anti-war, anti-bush bias. I believe that they have even been busted for misreporting news from Iraq to further their anti-war agenda.

Yes, the BBC is extremely biased, this is why I never take it as a serious news source.

Too bad so many smart brits still have faith in it though.

i was going to say it could have been a part of the mics that you clip on your shirt, but then i remembered that they had mics on the podiums tongue.gifblush.gif

Kerry cheated, i watched a hi quality video of it, 1st debate he took out prewritten NOTECARDS... i'll try and find the link

Yeah we already had 'The Kerry cheated thread' a week ago, this week its 'Bush cheated thread'. Next week its the 'they both cheated and so cancel each other's cheating out' thread