Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Mystery over dozens of dead sea creatures

peruvian coastline sea lions dolphins birds sharks

  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    ChristiL

ChristiL

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:23 Feb 2013

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I also believe this mystery may involve the area itself: The Ring of Fire.  So many earthquakes of the coast of South America, with many undersea volcanoes.  Perhaps toxic gasses from these 'perpetual' events caused some sort of poisoning for these poor creatures.  Not all are air breathers. I hadn't heard of the larger event like this in the same area last year(which I gotta check out).  Emissions from deep undersea eathquakes could release gasseous substances that could be the cause.  I wonder how many dead creatures never made it to shore- just lying on the bottom of the ocean.....


#17    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Joined:06 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo,NY

  • "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Ah Great not this again. Didn't we have a bunch of fish or something fall out of the sky in 2011 or something?


#18    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

    New life

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amniotic fluid of consfious life

  • Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostMerc14, on 25 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Stop being logical and making educated guesses, you are interrupting the perpetually angry human species haters. They pray for a plague to kill half the human race but won't take the first step and take themselves out.   Hypocrites. :yes:

Hypocricy is fine, when you can say "yeah I'm like that". :) So yeah. I wouldn't hope for a plague, just a rebellion... it'd do some good to change the ways we make our living, it's not too sensible these days even if it could be very much so. Plague would just be another delay in making us more sensible. When enough people realise the folly that's there, and when it gets deep enough into the back of their heads.. maybe then. Maybe war, maybe peaceful change. But mark my words, things wont always be the same. People want a clean conscience and a good life, and they can't get both if they have to work for a polluting corporation to make a living. Real changes dont happen simply by snapping your fingers, but by taking a hard step no matter how many people say you cant do it.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#19    Sundew

Sundew

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:An island by the sea.

  • Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostMerc14, on 25 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Stop being logical and making educated guesses, you are interrupting the perpetually angry human species haters. They pray for a plague to kill half the human race but won't take the first step and take themselves out.   Hypocrites. :yes:

Ha ha, yes I have always wondered why so many want to "thin the herd" but won't volunteer to be the first to go!


#20    Sundew

Sundew

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:An island by the sea.

  • Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostChristiL, on 25 February 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

I also believe this mystery may involve the area itself: The Ring of Fire.  So many earthquakes of the coast of South America, with many undersea volcanoes.  Perhaps toxic gasses from these 'perpetual' events caused some sort of poisoning for these poor creatures.  Not all are air breathers. I hadn't heard of the larger event like this in the same area last year(which I gotta check out).  Emissions from deep undersea eathquakes could release gasseous substances that could be the cause.  I wonder how many dead creatures never made it to shore- just lying on the bottom of the ocean.....

I was thinking further about this and there are the regular El Nino and La Nina (sorry, can't find the correct letter for Nino and Nina) cycles off the coast of Peru. When the sea surface water changes temperature the upwelling of nutrient rich waters from the deep ocean is temporarily halted and this starts a cycle of starvation: no nutrients - no plankton, no plankton - no fish, no fish - no sharks, sea lions, dolphins and so forth. Of course these larger animals are very mobile, but if the food supply is destroyed over thousands of miles it may not make a difference. This event occurs on a regular basis however, so scientist should be aware if these events are related to the animal deaths.


#21    Eldorado

Eldorado

    Unforgiven

  • Member
  • 10,379 posts
  • Joined:29 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Scotland

  • I reckon so.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostSundew, on 26 February 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Ha ha, yes I have always wondered why so many want to "thin the herd" but won't volunteer to be the first to go!

'A cull needs to be properly supervised!' -- Supervisor Eldorado


#22    Sundew

Sundew

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:An island by the sea.

  • Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostEldorado, on 26 February 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

'A cull needs to be properly supervised!' -- Supervisor Eldorado

Better consider what happens if you run afoul of the supervisor.

Nice icon, BTW, one of my favorite actors and The Outlaw Josey Wales was a great movie! (Personal favorite was High Plains Drifter!)





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users