Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if universe is one massive simulation?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

There  is a connection between NDE's and quantum physics and the holographic universe that has never been adequately explained away to me. Near death experiencers routinely describe their experiences in terms that can only be called "holographic" and they also say things that seem to parallel things I've read about quantum physics. I find that very evidential. There is no way that a housewife from Kansas or an uneducated truck driver from South Georgia would know or understand anything about quantum physics or the holographic nature of the universe yet they routinely come back after their experiences and describe them in terms that can only be called "holographic."

People who have NDE's routinely talk about overwhelming feelings of oneness and connectedness, feeling like they are everywhere in the universe at once, time and space not existing, buildings that are "made out of knowledge", 360 degree vision, seeing colors they've never seen before, hearing sounds that they haven't heard in this physical universe, and during the life review seeing their whole lives flash by in an instant (bolus of information)and feeling the emotions and feelings of the people they interacted with (the life review is a holographic experience par excellence), and how the other side will feel even more real to us than this side does, and feeling the feelings and hearing the thoughts of the people they interacted with. I find these things to be very evidential because it parallels things I've read about in popular physics books.

This explains why it is that so many near death experiencers say that the other side will feel even more real to us than this side does, and how it could be "realer than real" or "more consciousness than normal." Near death experiencers also say that it will feel even more real to us than this side does. The quote below explains why or how this is possible.

"Or, to put it another way, a holographic universe is blurry," says Hogan. This is good news for anyone trying to probe the smallest unit of space-time. ...

http://blogs.monogra...ys-to-be-first/

There is quite a bit of evidence from physics and near death experiences that our so called physical universe is some kind of strange holographic projection. The implications of this are enormous.

Our Universe may be a giant hologram (1 page)

http://www.inquisitr...giant-hologram/

The Universe as a hologram (about 5 or 6 pages):
http://www.crystalin...olographic.html

Testing the holographic universe

http://www.symmetrym...aphic-universe/

If you read Mark Horton's NDE and the parallels with the holographic universe theory become obvious:

http://www.mindsprin.../nde/markh.html

Near Death Experiences: A Holographic Explanation, Dr. Oswald Harding.

http://www.amazon.co...55530488&sr=1-1

#17    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Christianity and The Holographic Universe theory:  If someone ever asks you how it is possible for God to be everywhere in the Universe at one time, this is how.  If someone ever asks you how it is possible for Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit to be God in three persons, the Trinity, this is how.  

Excerpt from The Universe as a Hologram:  “If a hologram of a rose is cut in half and then illuminated by a laser, each half will still be found to contain the entire image of the rose. Indeed, even if the halves are divided again, each snippet of film will always be found to contain a smaller but intact version of the original image. Unlike normal photographs, every part of a hologram contains all the information possessed by the whole. The "whole in every part" nature of a hologram provides us with an entirely new way of understanding organization and order…. <snip>…..

In addition to its phantomlike nature, such a universe would possess other rather startling features. If the apparent separateness of subatomic particles is illusory, it means that at a deeper level of reality all things in the universe are infinitely interconnected. The electrons in a carbon atom in the human brain are connected to the subatomic particles that comprise every salmon that swims, every heart that beats, and every star that shimmers in the sky. Everything interpenetrates everything, and although human nature may seek to categorize and pigeonhole and subdivide, the various phenomena of the universe, all apportionments are of necessity artificial and all of nature is ultimately a seamless web.

In a holographic universe, even time and space could no longer be viewed as fundamentals. Because concepts such as location break down in a universe in which nothing is truly separate from anything else, time and three-dimensional space, like the images of the fish on the TV monitors, would also have to be viewed as projections of this deeper order. At its deeper level reality is a sort of superhologram in which the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously.”  http://www.earthport...hologram.html

“If this doesn’t blow your socks off, then Hogan, who has just been appointed director of Fermilab’s Center for Particle Astrophysics, has an even bigger shock in store: ‘If the GEO600 result is what I suspect it is, then we are all living in a giant cosmic hologram.’” – excerpt from The Holographic Universe: When it pays to be first, http://blogs.monogra...ys-to-be-first/

The answer is simple.   We are presently living in the holographic projection and the place we call heaven is the original holographic film from which our present “physical” reality is projected from.    This means that whatever is “here” also has to be “there” only the physics of  the other side or “heaven” will be very different from this side.   Time and space won’t seem to exist and we will experience whatever we focus our attention on.    Because we will “exist” throughout the entire holographic film at one time, and that place encompasses “all that is” whatever we love or focus our attention on, that is what we will experience.  

“I literally had the feeling that I was everywhere in the universe simultaneously.”  Excerpt from Mark Horton’s NDE, http://www.mindsprin...de/markh.html

#18    Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

The Holodeck Metaphor
I just had an idea pop into my head this morning.  You know on the TV Show Star Trek: The Next Generation how they had what they call a Holodeck?   Did you ever notice that none of the starship's regular characters ever got upset when one of their holodeck characters died when they were running a holodeck simulation?   That's because they knew that they were just a computer generated character, not "really real".    They weren't really "dead" because they weren't really "real."  

If you read enough near death experience descriptions that is sort of how they describe this reality; and if it is just a holographic projection from someplace else, something created to teach the soul about the physical universe, time and space, what it means and how it feels to be separate, then perhaps the Star Trek: TNG holodeck is a good metaphor for what this life really is.  

But if emotion helps us remember, and the more emotional the experience the more powerful and long lasting the memory it creates, perhaps that is why we aren't allowed to know absolutely for sure that there is life after death because it is in the not know that we mourn the most.    If we knew all this stuff absolutely for sure when someone we love dies we'd realize that our separation was only temporary and after the character we are playing dies that we would be reunited in Heaven or the spiritual dimension or universe or whatever you want to call it?

excerpt from Michelle M's NDE:

I felt an understanding about life, what it was, is.  As if it was a dream in itself.  It's so very hard to explain this part. I'll try, but my words limit the fullness of it.  I don't have the words here, but I understood that it really didn't matter what happened in the life experience, I knew/understood that it was intense, brief, but when we were in it, it seemed like forever. I understood that whatever happened in life, I was really ok, and so were the others here.

http://www.nderf.org...m&#39;s_nde.htm

excerpt from Jame's E's NDE:

I was not "told" anything in the light, as much as, I just knew everything there was to know. I knew why there was bad in the world, I knew why there was good, I knew that every little thing that will ever occur here, is exactly planned out, in order to bring about something else. Everything we have ever done or known or will know, is perfectly planned out and perfectly in tune. ... {snip}... It taught me that everyone, everything, is in its right place. Always will be, no matter how much we try to change, or try to destroy, or try to create, were simply doing exactly what was planned.  The meaning of life, as I felt it to be, is simply to live.

http://www.nderf.org/james_e_nde.htm

excerpt from Arthur's NDE:

My wife was standing in the street turned facing the other direction and I realized she was watching the vehicle that had hit me turned around and heading back towards us for a second time. Three things came to my thoughts. 1) That if the vehicle was to hit me again that would be it! 2) That my wife was in danger again. As she was standing in front of my body with her hands waving to the automobile in a fashion as to flag them down. Only they were going way to fast to stop and way to close to miss.  3) My 6 month old son was foremost in my mind. I remember sensing a presence, nothing visual but I knew I was Not alone! I said, "Please Dear God, No! Not Now!" I saw the car pass through the scene, it did not swerve, it did not turn. It passed directly through, leaving my wife and my body untouched. Instantly after that I found myself laying on the ground, back inside my body writhing in pain. This story can be confirmed! Teresa, who was my wife at the time can confirm it.

http://www.nderf.org...w&#39;s_nde.htm

excerpt from Kelly K's NDE:

The next thing I recall was being shown the universe. I remember thinking, "So, THAT'S how it is! I was in awe. It was like a huge net, or chain link fence, everything in the universe is connected.

http://www.nderf.org...k&#39;s_nde.htm

excerpt from online essay about the The Holographic Universe:

For if the concreteness of the world is but a secondary reality and what is "there" is actually a holographic blur of frequencies, and if the brain is also a hologram and only selects some of the frequencies out of this blur and mathematically transforms them into sensory perceptions, what becomes of objective reality? Put quite simply, it ceases to exist. As the religions of the East have long upheld, the material world is Maya, an illusion, and although we may think we are physical beings moving through a physical world, this too is an illusion.

http://www.crystalin...olographic.html

Art

#19    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

I can see this as a useful metaphor to explain things, but not an absolute truth. To assume the world is created and maintained in the exact same way as a computer simulation is to assume that the "real" world above runs by the same universal laws that governs our own. Once you assume that, you begin to fall into an infinity paradox, and nothing becomes truly explained...

However if you use it as a means to understand concepts that are otherwise quite difficult to understand, then it becomes a useful tool to further our understanding as opposed to hindering it...

Just keep the simulation argument as a metaphor, nothing else.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,302 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostArtaxerxes, on 25 February 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

There  is a connection between NDE's and quantum physics and the holographic universe that has never been adequately explained away to me. Near death experiencers routinely describe their experiences in terms that can only be called "holographic" and they also say things that seem to parallel things I've read about quantum physics. I find that very evidential. There is no way that a housewife from Kansas or an uneducated truck driver from South Georgia would know or understand anything about quantum physics or the holographic nature of the universe yet they routinely come back after their experiences and describe them in terms that can only be called "holographic."
Way to completely butcher science.

How many experiencers use the word holographic? Or claim anything like the holographic universe in which the cosmos is projected off a 2D surface?
Someone is clutching at straws.

Edit: besides this topic is about the simulation argument.

Edited by Rlyeh, 26 February 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#21    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,384 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 26 February 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Way to completely butcher science.

How many experiencers use the word holographic? Or claim anything like the holographic universe in which the cosmos is projected off a 2D surface?
Someone is clutching at straws.

Edit: besides this topic is about the simulation argument.

I don't like him because he basically crapped on the topic. He always does, according to my observation.

My questions were:1. Do universe have bugs and glitches? 2. If the universe is a simulation, is it...hackable?

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#22    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,779 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostRon Jeremy, on 27 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

I don't like him because he basically crapped on the topic. He always does, according to my observation.

My questions were:1. Do universe have bugs and glitches? 2. If the universe is a simulation, is it...hackable?
Yes it does... But the universe or subset of a multiverse has been evolving a long time. ( long is longer than long). Our perception  of physics only exist because it survived. It is certainly hacakable but one has to consider that such an old simulation might have allowed the hack in the first place through playing the game. Shadow or shade or smoke ( cant remembe) under the bridge. Comes to mind. Yes I found him once. They calledme the grand master when I was 13.

Edited by Seeker79, 27 February 2013 - 06:09 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#23    Rocketgirl

Rocketgirl

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• "I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
    -Rocketgirl

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 25 February 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Yea -- we go back to the real world when we die.

I've had that idea as well because if we are in a sumulation then when we die that's our way of unplugging from it. I started having that idea after I saw a movie called the Thirteenth Floor it started making me think about things like this.

"I envy the dead for they do not have to see how the world is changing for the worst."
-Rocketgirl

"Try to change the world for the better, if you fail keep trying. Always aim for that impact of change in a positive way."
-Rocketgirl

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,526 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostOverSword, on 25 February 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

No, it is unlike the matrix in that the inhabitants are also simulations.  So we die and......non existence.
I figure there would be a reason for the simulation, and the best one I can think of is that it's like playing a computer game, except you live a life in it rather than just a few hours.

I've been trying to figure out some way to distinguish it, but of course the designers of the game would have already made sure that wasn't possible if they want the game to be popular.  (It wouldn't be like the old saw that you can tell fantasy from reality in that in reality there is no background music).

#25    MissJatti

MissJatti

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

• There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

If our universe is a simulation!.. then who/what made the simulation? where did it came from?

Posted Image

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,526 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostSkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart, on 27 February 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

If our universe is a simulation!.. then who/what made the simulation? where did it came from?
Many possibilities; I think the most likely is we made it for entertainment or education.

#27    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,579 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 February 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Many possibilities; I think the most likely is we made it for entertainment or education.

~Inception, Posted Image

Inception is a 2010 English-language science fiction thriller film written, co-produced, and directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars a large ensemble cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Dileep Rao, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, and Michael Caine. DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a thief who commits corporate espionage by infiltrating the subconscious of his targets. He is offered a chance to regain his old life as payment for a task considered to be impossible: "inception", the implantation of another person's idea into a target's subconscious
wikilink

Yea -- we go back to the real world when we die.

that's what the ancient Egyptians believed, and what the often called 'mystery / secret knowledge' was all about

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,526 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Well, one problem is, how do we know for sure it is the real world.  We could be buried inside simulations of simulations of simulations.  Of course that isn't really a problem -- what difference does it make?

#29    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,579 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 27 February 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well, one problem is, how do we know for sure it is the real world.  We could be buried inside simulations of simulations of simulations.  Of course that isn't really a problem -- what difference does it make?

that only makes sense if 'woken up'
then only is the question of 'where' can become applicable

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#30    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,206 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

If the universe is basically information, does that information defining how our universe behaves on every scale exist in some form external to or enfolded within our physical universe?  Our universe may be a physical manifestation or projection of that realm of information. This would be a naturally occurring simulation in a sense.

Our universe physically simulating that information.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users