Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What if universe is one massive simulation?

ambelamba

If our universe is a simulation!.. then who/what made the simulation? where did it came from?

Many possibilities; I think the most likely is we made it for entertainment or education.
  • Like 1

Many possibilities; I think the most likely is we made it for entertainment or education.

~Inception, 220px-Inception_ver3.jpg

Inception is a 2010 English-language science fiction thriller film written, co-produced, and directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars a large ensemble cast that includes Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Dileep Rao, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, and Michael Caine. DiCaprio plays Dom Cobb, a thief who commits corporate espionage by infiltrating the subconscious of his targets. He is offered a chance to regain his old life as payment for a task considered to be impossible: "inception", the implantation of another person's idea into a target's subconscious

wikilink

Yea -- we go back to the real world when we die.

that's what the ancient Egyptians believed, and what the often called 'mystery / secret knowledge' was all about

Well, one problem is, how do we know for sure it is the real world. We could be buried inside simulations of simulations of simulations. Of course that isn't really a problem -- what difference does it make?

Well, one problem is, how do we know for sure it is the real world. We could be buried inside simulations of simulations of simulations. Of course that isn't really a problem -- what difference does it make?

that only makes sense if 'woken up'

then only is the question of 'where' can become applicable

• Like 1

If the universe is basically information, does that information defining how our universe behaves on every scale exist in some form external to or enfolded within our physical universe? Our universe may be a physical manifestation or projection of that realm of information. This would be a naturally occurring simulation in a sense.

Our universe physically simulating that information.

That'd be great, knowing that life itself isn't actually real and that it's a just a dream, so to speak.

Not sure how it would be any less real for those in the simulation. I mean what would change?

Not sure how it would be any less real for those in the simulation. I mean what would change?

Knowing that nothing really matters is enough for me; that everything that ever happened has no higher meaning.

Goodbye.

If we are living in a simulated universe, then what could be considered a 'glitch'?

Anyway, I found a webpage http://www.simulation-argument.com/ (written by: Professor Nick Bostrom Oxford University) There is a pdf which talks about Living in a Simulated Universe: http://www.simulation-argument.com/barrowsim.pdf

I found it to be an interesting read and contributable to this thread.

Kind Regards.

If this is one massive simulation and i find the god mode glitch first watch out! :lol:

I'm not sure that the Buddha's teaching about non-self and sensate existence being an illusion and the idea that the universe is a simulation are really the same thing. At any rate, I doubt the Buddha had any sort of information processing in mind.

The Buddha teaches us something more basic, namely that what we think we perceive in the world around us is mostly illusion, with a little delusion slipping in. An illusion is something that is not real but that has a real thing that generates it. Thus we perceive that the sky is blue. Now "blue" is entirely an invention of our minds -- there is no such thing in the external world. There do exist, however, certain electromagnetic wavelengths which, when they impinge on our retinas, generate processes in us that end up with our perceiving blue. This is the teaching that the world is an illusion, that what we perceive with our senses is invented by us and what is "really" out there is quite different. I don't think there is anything particularly mystical or difficult about this, just that it is a brilliant insight.

• Like 2

take all the hi tech mumbo jumbo and electricity out of the equation and you'll see that our 'reality' is nothing but our collective 'simulation'

we are programmed to 'function' compatibly within the backbone/main core of this 'created reality' generation by generation

some have greater influence or codes in this 'collectively simulated' reality but in the end, what we see around us is not what nature 'intended' however comfortable the space is within those familiar four walls,