Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Peer review is a flawed process


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic

#46    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 February 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

"To smart you need to tell only once." Sorry for copy pasting again but I just think that fits perfectly here, again.

Point is- Peer review is outdated and not working. If somehow you failed to understand it.

It appears the only one here that's needs repetitive explanation is you. Re-read the thread and try again.


#47    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Render you are ignorant. Not insult just recognition. I can proove you. But if i were you I wouldnt dig my hole deeper. Its deep enough, So I wouldnt ask for proof but rather read. I will repeat you: read!

edit: I understand you are angry. I hate to loose too.

Edited by the L, 25 February 2013 - 11:41 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#48    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

"proove me" ? .. are you hitting on me Elly?


#49    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Render I must ask you, sorry but are you talking with yourself?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#50    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 February 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Render I must ask you, sorry but are you talking with yourself?

Man, you are harsh on yourself.
Are you trying to tell me you're non existent?
I kinda had a feeling you're a non factor.

Thanks for the confirmation.


#51    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

here is a proof:

I post link in 11:09

Render answer in 11:09.


Conclusion- Render ignores studies.

But as I told you and I see you need to be repeated, I know its painfull to see how your utopia is melting. I understand you are angry. I hate to loose too.

Here is interesting quote to you:



Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after years relieved of them.
Hypatia

Edited by the L, 25 February 2013 - 11:48 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#52    green_dude777

green_dude777

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined:24 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 February 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

here is a proof:

I post link in 11:09

Render answer in 11:09.


Conclusion- Render ignores studies.

But as I told you and I see you need to be repeated, I know its painfull to see how your utopia is melting. I understand you are angry. I hate to loose too.

Here is interesting quote to you:



Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after years relieved of them.
Hypatia

What I find ironic;  I bolded the part of your statement that I think is at the root of the problem. You don't trust peer review, because people are flawed, make mistakes, etc.

I'm postulating that if people weren't so ego driven and were in actual pursuit of truth, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.... People wouldn't commit fraud when doing scientific studies if they weren't so focused on being correct, and instead were more focused on finding truth.


#53    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 25 February 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

What I find ironic;  I bolded the part of your statement that I think is at the root of the problem. You don't trust peer review, because people are flawed, make mistakes, etc.

I'm postulating that if people weren't so ego driven and were in actual pursuit of truth, we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with.... People wouldn't commit fraud when doing scientific studies if they weren't so focused on being correct, and instead were more focused on finding truth.

Agree. Thing is when I loose and see that Im not right I admit.
Here I won. Others need to admit their ignorance and mistakes.

Edited by the L, 25 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#54    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

This thread doesn't mean anything, it's just the L show presenting a coock a doodle doo


#55    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostRender, on 25 February 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

This thread doesn't mean anything, it's just the L show presenting a coock a doodle doo

No Render is showed you are ignorant person. Beside that peer review doesnt work.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#56    green_dude777

green_dude777

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined:24 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

View Postthe L, on 25 February 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Agree. Thing is when I loose and see that Im not right I admit.
Here I won. Others need to admit their ignorance and mistakes.

Now the circle talks begin.... I bow out.  The non-existant debate between the L and green_dude777 is officially over.... Winner, the L.


#57    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

View Postgreen_dude777, on 25 February 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Now the circle talks begin.... I bow out.  The non-existant debate between the L and green_dude777 is officially over.... Winner, the L.

Im childish too. But not in my defeat.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#58    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

And as usualy be when people (so called "sceptics" on UM) cant give couner argument-attack person who give argument.
And when they see that they are "psychologicly" inferior they run. :no:

Yes peer review sucks. Get over it.

Edited by the L, 26 February 2013 - 12:04 AM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#59    Render

Render

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Well this was a great edition of the L show, lets see what our contestants won.

Render and everybody else, you all get to go home with the knowledge that you still have your sanity and intelligence, which is why you all feel no need to prove yourself ot internet personalities you will never meet.

The L, as the winner of the evening you get to spend a wild night with wikipedia, thinking you're doing something useful by going around in circles and ignoring other ppl their reasoning. Congrats! I hope it feels mighty good.
http://www.wikipedia.org/ Here ya go


#60    green_dude777

green_dude777

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined:24 May 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

View Postthe L, on 26 February 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

And as usualy be when people (so called "sceptics" on UM) cant give couner argument-attack person who give argument.
And when they see that they are "psychologicly" inferior they run. :no:

Yes peer review sucks. Get over it.

Let me translate for you, since you're "psychologicly" (sic) superior to us, you don't have time to proofread.

"And, as usual, when people (so called "skeptics" on UM) can't give counter-arguments, they attack the person who started the argument.
And when they see that they are "psychologically" inferior, they run."  (also, it's usually not correct to start a sentence with 'and')

Edited by green_dude777, 26 February 2013 - 12:07 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users