Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Japan,US losing patience with Chinese

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,898 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostOverSword, on 27 February 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Because they moved people in.  So if we invaded a smaller country and filled it full of Americans we should then be the legal owners of that territory?  Ridiculous.

We've already done that more than once.

#32    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,372 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

It amazes me the illogic of someone saying that because a wrong thing was done in the past justifies doing it again.

#33    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

It amazes me the illogic of someone saying that because a wrong thing was done in the past justifies doing it again.

We've already done that more than once

It's animal nature to expand one's territory at the expense of neighbouring territory. It's no different then one pack of wolves driving off another pack of wolves. So you can demonize them all you want, but china is no more "right" or "wrong" in their actions towards tibet then you are right or wrong in your opinion. :yes:

Edited by Bavarian Raven, 04 March 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#34    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 27 February 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

Why? Tibet is more "chinese" then it is tibeten right now. It would be like Poland giving the land back to Germany. Kind of mute at this point.

It is illegal under international law to allow the transfer of civilians into an occupied territory. The Chinese in Tibet have no right to be there, literally.

You are actually the first person I have come across who supports the Chinese stance in this matter. I'm quite shocked to be honest.

#35    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 04 March 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

It's animal nature to expand one's territory at the expense of neighbouring territory. It's no different then one pack of wolves driving off another pack of wolves. So you can demonize them all you want, but china is no more "right" or "wrong" in their actions towards tibet then you are right or wrong in your opinion. :yes:

Wow, this post is a descent into Medieval Times.

The same could be said for theft, murder, assault and rape, and all this is justifiable only by applying the same faulty logic that you have applied. It's no wonder you support the Chinese, because it is clear that you have no moral compass at all.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 04 March 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#36    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,898 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't agree with China occupying Tibet, but the reality is might makes right in this world.  China is about as willing to give up Tibet as the U.S. was ready to give up Hawaii during it's decades of occupation.  The only reason it even voted to become a state was because the options were that, or continue to be an occupied territory with less rights.

It's messed up, but that's how governments work, take anything they can get away with.

#37    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

t is illegal under international law to allow the transfer of civilians into an occupied territory. The Chinese in Tibet have no right to be there, literally.

You are actually the first person I have come across who supports the Chinese stance in this matter. I'm quite shocked to be honest.

Not supporting it, just accepting that this is how the world works. But as the above poster said...

but the reality is might makes right in this world.

We don't see the Americans giving land back to the Americans, Or the Russians giving land back to the minorities in their territories...etc. etc.

Wow, this post is a descent into Medieval Times.

The same could be said for theft, murder, assault and rape, and all this is justifiable only by applying the same faulty logic that you have applied. It's no wonder you support the Chinese, because it is clear that you have no moral compass at all.

You're free to believe that if you will, but you are completely and utterly wrong on all accounts in your post. I never said it was right, I said it's how the world works and will continue to work because we as humans are animals. Big difference there ;) Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users