Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

California couple vanishes in Peru

kidnapping california peru cycling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,981 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

I am sorry this couple seems to have been kidnapped, but they were warned, so why ignore the warnings?

Authorities in Peru have launched a search for a California couple reported missing while on a cycling trip through the Andean country in an area where U.S. citizens have been warned of kidnapping risks, U.S. Embassy officials in Lima, Peru, said Monday.
Families of the couple, Garrett Hand and Jamie Neal, said they last heard from the pair on Jan. 25, a day before they were expected to arrive in Lima after a journey of several hundred miles from Cusco, in the country's mountainous interior southeast of the capital, the embassy said in a statement.

"Embassy officers are ... in close contact with Peruvian authorities who are working diligently to find Mr. Hand and Ms. Neal," said the statement, furnished to Reuters by information officer Leslie Nunez Goodman.

Full story

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#2    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

I am sorry this couple seems to have been kidnapped, but they were warned, so why ignore the warnings?

its because they are part of that whole group of !diots, I mean people who believe it will never happen to them :whistle:

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,504 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'll never understand travel to certain countries. That housewife that got bludgeoned to death in Turkey, for example. She even went alone!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    aztek

aztek

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,843 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

americans biking in peru, sounds just as smart as americans hiking in iran.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#5    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I wonder how many lives will be lost or impacted by attempts to rescue people either too stupid or too ignorant to keep themselves out of known danger.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

Also tagged with kidnapping, california, peru, cycling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users