Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

why is homophobia commonplace?

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#376    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostTHE HATE BUS, on 24 March 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

Even if I agreed with your narrative that wouldn't be the correct use of the term "degenerate".

I'm okay with civil unions for same-sex couples that allow things like visitation rights. Tax breaks and such however should be an incentive for having children.

I just don't think same sex unions are "equatable" - hell for what it's worth, I'm not even saying they're inherently inferior - they're just not equatable. Should be a bonding.

Same sex couples are willing to have children by surrogacy or adoption. Should those that have children by those means not have access to what hetrosexual couples that do the same?

It has little to do with religion.

It has a lot to do with religion. But even so, Russia's way is still inherently bad for all the gay people in Russia.

Those aren't done in such sickly ways. Call me a prude if you want. The thing is of course the thing being celebrated is important - Christmas can have cultural importance, you know? Actual cultural importance to one's heritage. I am not religious but I can respect that.

Maybe if gay pride wasn't sexually degenerate as all hell I wouldn't care much - but I mean, is it not a logical conclusion when the only thing that can be related to an identity you create around a sexuality is well...sex, is it not?

I guess it depends on the ones you go to. What about Mardi Gras? That's an important culural tradition and it can be just as hedonistic.

I think more hype is made of the sexuaal degenerate aspect than is necessary. The one's I've seen footage of haven't been even have as degenate as some grups make them out to be.

I actually don't mind same-sex relationships in games and such in and of itself, in fact I am totally for the separation of homosexuality from the entire gay subculture which I find repugnant. Having someone who is just a homosexual and not some stupid stereotype of some flamboyant emasculate retard is refreshing.

We are in a time when people are realising that gay people aren't a stereotype and that's being reflected in the media. I do think you are putting to big an emphasise on those that do fit the sterotype though. What is wrong with someone who fits it?

The point is I never denied that.
No, but you seemed to make out like hedonism in the 'gay community' is worse

I think this is the worst wishful thinking I've ever seen.

I could say the same about you.

I would say no. From what I've read, in the past if people didn't want to have children they wouldn't get married. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't enforced though, I'll give you that.

Infetility is not simply not wanting children. It is the physical inability to do so. Most don't find out they're infertile until they try for children. However, they still have options. Fertility treatment, adption and surrogacy are open to them.

This is a childish feminist extrapolation that is based on half-truths and twisted definitions of what constitutes "ownership". It was more complicated than that simple narrative.

Ether way, it is still irrelevant to the core point.

Of course it is.

Good? To be frank kissing in public doesn't bother me. I'm talking about some of the stuff I've seen at gay pride parades.

To clarify, I don't have an issue with homosexuals, I have an issue with the modern narratives and culture around homosexuality.

If you have a problem with what's at a gay pride parade the simple thing is not to go.

There's not a 'culture' around homosexuality anymore than there is a culture around atheism.

I know for a fact not all gay people are the same - but it would be incredibly naive to deny there isn't a bit more of a hedonistic and degenerate identity culture tied to homosexuality that is at the very least more prominent than anything tied to heterosexuality, because it is specifically defined as that.

There you go with degenerate again.

There's not anything prominently tied to hetrosexuality because people know that all straight people aren't the same and no one is trying to label hetrosexuals as denerate, disgusting sinners for being hetrosexual.

It is one of many negative trends. I am discussing this one because that is the subject of this thread.

Ah yes, because people having a good time is such a negative thing.

I guess people like me who are critical of the gay pride subculture are rare and hard to find?

I'd say some prides can get over the top, but I wouldn't label gay people as disgusting or degenerate like you seem to do.

The ones that do don't bother me - but we probably have different definitions of what constitutes "normal".

I've always had a big problem with the word normal, mostly because it has little meaning. The term normal has very little meaning when it's applied to humans. All you need to do is walk down a busy street and it's obvious. People are different heights, have different skin tone's, different eye colours, different hair colours. And that's just from looking at them. On top of that everyone has a different personality, likes and hates different things, has a different style etc. Some people are creative, some are good with numbers, some are musical etc. With all these variations it becomes clear very quickly how meaningless the term 'normal' actually is.

If you look at a person, chances are you can't tell their sexuality. Even if you can, what's the issue exactly? What does it matter if someone flaunts their sexuality? No one cares with a straight person does it, why should it matter if gay people do?

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#377    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,286 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostHasina, on 26 February 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

There's the difference though, you find the annoying ones annoying, the ones who aren't? They're fine. The people trendy Lil'me have a problem with are the ones who have a problem with homosexuals for just being homosexual at all, no matter the way they express it.

If you don't like your own gender, don't get involved with someone of the same gender. Simple. There's no reason to disapprove of what others do with their sexuality.

Looks like you belong to ONTD, Hasina. XD

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#378    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

View Postshadowhive, on 24 March 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Let's say you see a man and a woman kissing butto you they are both unattractive. Does the 'eww factor' of them kissing come into play there?
Yes. Or the very old with the  very young.

Let me give you another example of something 'hard wired' into a person.

Everyone is born with a tongue but everyone has a different sense of taste. Some people love certain tastes, while others may hate them. Now the sense of taste is very much hard wired into the person. Personally, I hate the taste of coffee. I tried it, I couldn't stand it. Do I let it effect me? No. do I stop those that like it from drinking it? Not doing so? Nope.
So is there no Choice in not drinking coffee? Clearly if offered it, you would choose not to drink it. But if that was the only choice, or if other choices were worse, wouldn't you have to think about it?

I understand your "If it is not you, leave it alone", But we have to realize that a gigantic number of people are Not Going to leave it alone. And so we have to deal with that reality.

And yet expecting gay people to be treated equally is met by a childish arguement like that that's expected to be valid.
Who is saying it is valid? I'm just saying it is real. An almost instinctive reaction. And you would like your reactions to be unimpeded and for everyone else to suppress theirs, because you think that their even just thinking it is wrong, but that you are right. That is a double standard my friend.

I wouldn't deem that repression at all. I'd deem that acting like a rational human being. It doesn't take much not to go around forcing yourself on people you find attractive.
Then how is resisting homosexuality to fit into "normal" society not a rational act? If it does not take much to resist, surely gays can resist? They just Chose not to?? Are open gays simply irrational?

From the ones I've talked to, yes. In general it's probably the case.

Now, why do I think that? Well, you have to think logically. In many places gay people get bullied, abused or even killed. Do you really think people in those kinds of places would be gay if it was a choice for them?
Yes, because it is about Belonging to the group. Regardless of the hardships they will cling to their relationships, because they have chosen that as who they are. Just as Rockers will never renounce Rock, and Orthodox Jews will not renounce Judiasm. Sure, some do, but so do some gays...

In a land that "hates" Muslims, why would anyone chose to be a Muslim? It is the same argument.

Anyway, I've seen only about 4 or 5 incidents in the last 6 months on the news locally of hate crimes on gays, and seen at least the same against Muslims, Christians, Blacks and Russians. I don't feel there is a Conspiracy of Determined-Gay-Haters out there knocking down doors and dragging gays off into the night. I could be wrong, but I suspect not. What I do see is gays being Celebrities on TV and sensationalized on just about every TV series and reality show. I just don't think there is the level of Hatred that gays keep saying is raining down on them. It is almost like someone who is Paranoid saying that every comment to them is an accusation or a threat.

You wouldn't think it from the way you act.

I'm getting tired of saying this but there is no such thing as a 'gay lifestyle' anymore than there is a 'straight lifestyle'. I don't know why that's so difficult for people to actually understand.

Studies are being done, but I'm not sure how conclusive or complete any of them are at the moment. But why should such proof be necessary in the first place?
If being gay is not a choice then there needs to be scientific proof it is not. Because the same arguments can be used for Religion, or Political affiliation. People that grow up Jewish, or Uber Liberal just could not imagine being any other way, yet society recognizes that those are actually choices and not genetic or immutable. Do those deserve protection, sure. Do gays deserve protection? Sure. I'm just saying it is a choice, maybe a choice made environmentally, or by the parents, or the friends, but a choice....

I hope to see those studies sometime soon.

I think he did sue the hospital, but the point was that such action shouldn't have been necessary to begin with.
I think as with any social change it will take time and lawsuits before it will be fully accepted.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#379    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

View Postshadowhive, on 24 March 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

No one cares with a straight person does it, why should it matter if gay people do?

I think many times that is called sexual harassment, or public indecency.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#380    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

What is the cause of someone being straight or gay is not known, but it is known that the tendency is present from as early as it is possible to test, and that is much earlier than you might think.

Further, tests of various forms of twins vs. brothers vs. cousins vs. unrelated matched individuals show a pattern that fits an inherited trait.

#381    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 24 March 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

What is the cause of someone being straight or gay is not known, but it is known that the tendency is present from as early as it is possible to test, and that is much earlier than you might think.

Further, tests of various forms of twins vs. brothers vs. cousins vs. unrelated matched individuals show a pattern that fits an inherited trait.
But to my knowledge those tests were not conclusive and showed a Possibility of a inherited genetic trait, but that was still just a hypothesis at this time.

There have also been studies that showed inherited links to alcoholism, violence, gambling addiction and criminal behavior. But we don't actively allow people to be alcoholics or be violent, or criminals just because they have a genetic tendency. The expression of those tendencies is still considered to be under that persons personal Choices.

I know, I know... gays don't hurt anyone and all. But, the point is valid, that despite a possible genetic factor, that gays Chose to follow that trait. And I don't even have a problem with that. I'm just saying there is Choice involved. No one is Forced to be gay against their will.

#382    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

The science is the science.  This is not the only area where people with a religious axe to grind deny scientific results.

#383    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 March 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Yes. Or the very old with the  very young.

And yet in those things do you act on the eww factor or act like an adult, look away and/or not make a big deal with it?

So is there no Choice in not drinking coffee? Clearly if offered it, you would choose not to drink it. But if that was the only choice, or if other choices were worse, wouldn't you have to think about it?

I understand your "If it is not you, leave it alone", But we have to realize that a gigantic number of people are Not Going to leave it alone. And so we have to deal with that reality.

No, there's no choice in not liking the taste of coffee. If offered I can still decline because I don't like it and that's as much choice as there is. I can't suddenly go 'Oh I love the taste'. That's the point I was trying to make.

Then we have to deal with those people that aren't going to leave it in an appropriate manner. We need to tell those people to act like grown ups and not immature five year olds. Pandering to them is doing no one any good.

Who is saying it is valid? I'm just saying it is real. An almost instinctive reaction. And you would like your reactions to be unimpeded and for everyone else to suppress theirs, because you think that their even just thinking it is wrong, but that you are right. That is a double standard my friend.

It's not a double standard to expect people to act like adults.

If I see a 90 year old man kissing a 20 year old woman, I mamy think it's eww but I don't go over to them, break it up, belittle their relationship and try and get them locked up. I may 'instinctively' look at those people and think it's wrong, but if I go and do any of those things you know whos in the wrong? Me, not them. Now look at what you're saying. Expecting someone to act in the same manner to two members of the same sex kissing (or less) is 'surpressing' and 'wrong'. That sounds like the double standard to me.

Then how is resisting homosexuality to fit into "normal" society not a rational act? If it does not take much to resist, surely gays can resist? They just Chose not to?? Are open gays simply irrational?

That's not what I was saying at all and I think you're well aware of that.

As a hetrosexual, you do not go around forcing yourself on every woman you find attractive. Just because you are straight, doesn't mean you go around and try to rape every woman you see. In 'normal' society, a straight man does not act like that.

Now a gay person is attacted to men in the same way you are attracted to women. They can 'resist' raping everyone they see just as well as a straight person can, but expecting them to resist having love and compansionship with someone of the same sex to be 'normal' just comes across as cruel and heartless.

Yes, because it is about Belonging to the group. Regardless of the hardships they will cling to their relationships, because they have chosen that as who they are. Just as Rockers will never renounce Rock, and Orthodox Jews will not renounce Judiasm. Sure, some do, but so do some gays...

In a land that "hates" Muslims, why would anyone chose to be a Muslim? It is the same argument.

Anyway, I've seen only about 4 or 5 incidents in the last 6 months on the news locally of hate crimes on gays, and seen at least the same against Muslims, Christians, Blacks and Russians. I don't feel there is a Conspiracy of Determined-Gay-Haters out there knocking down doors and dragging gays off into the night. I could be wrong, but I suspect not. What I do see is gays being Celebrities on TV and sensationalized on just about every TV series and reality show. I just don't think there is the level of Hatred that gays keep saying is raining down on them. It is almost like someone who is Paranoid saying that every comment to them is an accusation or a threat.

Ah, of course.

I think the hatred is and has been there. We're in a time when finally, that hatred is actually being looked down on and dealt with appropriately, but that doesn't mean the problem has disappeared yet. Gay people have found a voice and that voice is stronger, but just because gay people are on tv doesn't mean everything is 100% alright.

If being gay is not a choice then there needs to be scientific proof it is not. Because the same arguments can be used for Religion, or Political affiliation. People that grow up Jewish, or Uber Liberal just could not imagine being any other way, yet society recognizes that those are actually choices and not genetic or immutable. Do those deserve protection, sure. Do gays deserve protection? Sure. I'm just saying it is a choice, maybe a choice made environmentally, or by the parents, or the friends, but a choice....

I hope to see those studies sometime soon.

Religion is supposed to be something that a person actively chooses. I really think it's wrong when parents try to get their kids to be their religion instead of letting them make up their own minds at the appropriate time.

Now the thing is, sexuality is a rather more sticky issue than the religion example. A kid can be in a christian family and thus be indoctrinated into christianity and thus the 'choice' to be christian pretty much isn't there for them. Now by contrast, a gay person is more often than not bought up in a hetrosexual family. They may have no concept of what being gay actually is at any part of their life growing up (which the kid in the christian family would have christianity thrown at them non-stop).

I can only speak in detail about my experiences though. When I reached my teens that's when I started realsing I was different. I had no concept of what being gay or bisexual was. I had no gay family members, I'd not seen a same sex relationship on tv or in a film. So when I hit puberty and I started thinking about kissing boys I was completely blindsided by it all. I had absolutely no idea what it meant. I was scared. I was terrified. Because I knew I wasn't 'normal'. I didn't wake up and think about 'oh today I'll suddenly think about kissing other boys' it just, happened. I didn't have a choice in the matter. Now I'm sure when you reached that age a similar thing happened to you, only it involved girls instead of boys and you didn't question it one jot.

If anything, the logic you use in your statement could be appplied better to hetrosexuality. Like the christian who is christian solely because they're bought up in a christian environment because it's all they know, how certain are you that you're not a hetrosexual simply because that's all you know? Simply because the environment around you is hetrosexual just like the christian's environment is christian.

The problem when the 'people choose to be gay' line is bought up is that people take it that sexuality can be treated like a light switch, that people can be 'cured' or made to turn it off. And then it becomes an expectation and that's how you end up with these straight camps and gay cure places.

I think as with any social change it will take time and lawsuits before it will be fully accepted.

Unfortunately yes.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#384    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 March 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

But to my knowledge those tests were not conclusive and showed a Possibility of a inherited genetic trait, but that was still just a hypothesis at this time.

There have also been studies that showed inherited links to alcoholism, violence, gambling addiction and criminal behavior. But we don't actively allow people to be alcoholics or be violent, or criminals just because they have a genetic tendency. The expression of those tendencies is still considered to be under that persons personal Choices.

I know, I know... gays don't hurt anyone and all. But, the point is valid, that despite a possible genetic factor, that gays Chose to follow that trait. And I don't even have a problem with that. I'm just saying there is Choice involved. No one is Forced to be gay against their will.

I can't help but eyeroll at that logic.

Basically you're saying you want scientific proof that homosexuality isn't a choice. Then in the next breath you essentially shrug and act like you'd ignore the scientific proof.

This is very clear in this post of yours whiuch boils down to: If there's proof that homosexuality is a genetic trait it doesn't matter because they still choose to act on it so it's still a choice. That's the problem with people like you, you want scientific proof yet you'll ignore it. You want proof that homosexuality isn't a choice yet no proof is actually good enough.

The odd thing is the last paragraph. Yes, no one is forced to be gay against their will. Know what the odd thing is know? I can't say the same about heterosexuality.

#385    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 24 March 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I can't help but eyeroll at that logic.

Basically you're saying you want scientific proof that homosexuality isn't a choice. Then in the next breath you essentially shrug and act like you'd ignore the scientific proof.

This is very clear in this post of yours whiuch boils down to: If there's proof that homosexuality is a genetic trait it doesn't matter because they still choose to act on it so it's still a choice. That's the problem with people like you, you want scientific proof yet you'll ignore it. You want proof that homosexuality isn't a choice yet no proof is actually good enough.

The odd thing is the last paragraph. Yes, no one is forced to be gay against their will. Know what the odd thing is know? I can't say the same about heterosexuality.
Yes, basically it is not important enough to my own personnal world for me to get upset about it. But, before I support by voting for anything, or by saying that I think it is fair, I would like to see the scientific proof.

#386    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 24 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

And yet in those things do you act on the eww factor or act like an adult, look away and/or not make a big deal with it?
No, because like you said, I'm an Adult. Yet, if we see kids or young people being openly intolerant, it is not because they are Evil. It is because they have not learned to just not care yet.

No, there's no choice in not liking the taste of coffee. If offered I can still decline because I don't like it and that's as much choice as there is. I can't suddenly go 'Oh I love the taste'. That's the point I was trying to make.
I see your point. I think you and I have done this dance before?

If I see a 90 year old man kissing a 20 year old woman, I mamy think it's eww but I don't go over to them, break it up, belittle their relationship and try and get them locked up.
I think there are a lot of people who would do exactly that. There are people who consider That to be the Adult thing to do. Go get involved and make things Right. Those are the 50% of Americans who are disagreeing with gay marriage right now. And yelling BIGOTRY is not going to change their minds, only lawsuits or time will do that.

Now a gay person is attacted to men in the same way you are attracted to women. They can 'resist' raping everyone they see just as well as a straight person can, but expecting them to resist having love and compansionship with someone of the same sex to be 'normal' just comes across as cruel and heartless.
Fair enough....

Ah, of course.

I think the hatred is and has been there. We're in a time when finally, that hatred is actually being looked down on and dealt with appropriately, but that doesn't mean the problem has disappeared yet. Gay people have found a voice and that voice is stronger, but just because gay people are on tv doesn't mean everything is 100% alright.
Doesn't mean we are in the 1960s either. Yelling about how oppressed gays are and how they can't walk on the street without people spitting on them is just not happening like it used to. At least not in 90% of the USA. Maybe the South is still resisitive, but they are always resistive.

I didn't wake up and think about 'oh today I'll suddenly think about kissing other boys' it just, happened. I didn't have a choice in the matter. Now I'm sure when you reached that age a similar thing happened to you, only it involved girls instead of boys and you didn't question it one jot.
Fair enough again.

Talk later again maybe... Kids are swarming me....

#387    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 March 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Yes, basically it is not important enough to my own personnal world for me to get upset about it. But, before I support by voting for anything, or by saying that I think it is fair, I would like to see the scientific proof.

And if you are shown scientific proof, you'd find a way to shrug it off regardless of what that proof may be.

#388    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,886 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 24 March 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

No, because like you said, I'm an Adult. Yet, if we see kids or young people being openly intolerant, it is not because they are Evil. It is because they have not learned to just not care yet.

If your kid was openly intolerent in front of you, would you shrug it off and go 'oh they're just being a kid' or would you point out to them 'no that's not how we behave'.

I see your point. I think you and I have done this dance before?

Good. Perhaps we have, Wouldn't surprise me all that much.

I think there are a lot of people who would do exactly that. There are people who consider That to be the Adult thing to do. Go get involved and make things Right. Those are the 50% of Americans who are disagreeing with gay marriage right now. And yelling BIGOTRY is not going to change their minds, only lawsuits or time will do that.

Then I think there's a lot of people who are complete morons who don't know how to behave around other human beings. I'm one of those people that if I see a snake, I'm going to call it a snake. So if someone is being bigitted, damn right I'm going to call them on it instead of justt shrugging.

Ahh the American way. Reason won't work, so we'll just sue eeveryone until they get the message.

Fair enough....

Hmmm.

Doesn't mean we are in the 1960s either. Yelling about how oppressed gays are and how they can't walk on the street without people spitting on them is just not happening like it used to. At least not in 90% of the USA. Maybe the South is still resisitive, but they are always resistive.

I think your whole attitude shows their's still a long way to go. Look at what you've said. You've said that gay people should 'resist' the urge to be gay to be 'normal'. You've acted like the expectation of being treated equally is too much for the average human to actually handle. Most of your arguements seem to hinge on the eww factor along with an inability for straight people to manage to treat others as human beings. You've said you want scientific proof that homosexuality isn't a choice and in the next breath said you'd reject it.

Now I look at that attitude with absolute despair because it is just absolutely ridiculous and it shows that there is still a massive problem because you hold those things so well.

Fair enough again.

Talk later again maybe... Kids are swarming me....

I'm sure you'll find a creative way to ignore or dismiss that somehow.

Alright.

#389    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 28 February 2013 - 07:06 AM, said:

I am very sorry to hear that, pallidin. I can't even imagine what a horrible experience that must have been. But you shouldn't be biased towards homosexuals. They are not all rapists, or pedophiles.

I fully understand what you're saying. The same as the fact that very few heterosexual males are rapists.

Like I said, I know it's my problem.

But somehow, if I've been drinking, the memories and emotions come-up(mostly with crying and anger) and often extend beyond where it needs to be, as the male gay friends I know now did not rape me, nor have they ever tried to. But I can not be around them if I've been drinking.

It's not them, it's my memories. So I apologize to all decent LGBT people out there.

#390    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,065 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 24 March 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

And if you are shown scientific proof, you'd find a way to shrug it off regardless of what that proof may be.
That is an assumption. You have no reason to think I'm that hard headed.

Or maybe you mean Conservatives in general? Perhaps many would dismiss evidence, but perhaps not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users