Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

SA: donkey meat sold as beef

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

Donkey, water buffalo and goat meat have been sold as burgers and sausages in South Africa, a study says.
A study published by the local Stellenbosch University found that 99 of 139 samples contained species not declared in the product label.
It found soya and gluten were not labelled in 28% of products tested, undeclared pork in 37% and chicken in 23%
This was mostly in sausages, burger patties and deli meats, it said.
The disclosure comes at a time of a growing scandal in Europe about horsemeat being sold as beef.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-21588575

#2    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

I am amazed when anyone who eats ground up or processed meats get all suprised and angered when it is discovered there is several unlisted ingredients in them.This has been common knowledge for many decades why so suprised now?If one enjoyed them before knowing exactly what is in it,i do not know why they wouldnt afterwards.Not like knowing changes the taste or already poor quality.This is one reason why when i want burgers i buy sirloin and have it ground fresh,most butchers if asked do not mind letting someone watch what they do.Might even here a few funny or disgusting tales hahaha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users