Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Billionaire to Rebuild the 'Titanic!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ah, the elitist mentality that we are invincible sank the Titanic. The iceberg incident is not likely to reoccur due to global warming. But, that elitist mentality of invincibility that caused the tragedy is the same thinking that puts us in the same boat environmentally at this time. One has to wonder if that same mindset will sink our environmental boat in the not to distant future. Are we smart enough to avert tragedy this time around?

#62    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,822 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 03 March 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Ah, the elitist mentality that we are invincible sank the Titanic. The iceberg incident is not likely to reoccur due to global warming. But, that elitist mentality of invincibility that caused the tragedy is the same thinking that puts us in the same boat environmentally at this time. One has to wonder if that same mindset will sink our environmental boat in the not to distant future. Are we smart enough to avert tragedy this time around?

We do not have a say in it, its the Chinese. Now if the Titanic is built to the same quality as the other tat we get from them, I doubt it will make it past Mr Wong Tonks fish and chip shop on the harbour.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#63    godsblade

godsblade

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

PLEASE... nobody say "God himself could not sink this ship."

#64    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

God Himself could not sink this ship

That being said would a coal powered ship be allowed to sail these days ? I mean with all the EPA stuff ?

If it has enough lifeboats it wont be a true replica

Edited by AsteroidX, 04 March 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#65    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,025 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

View Postgodsblade, on 04 March 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Which no one, least of all the White Star Line or Harland & Wolff, ever did actually say.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#66    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,822 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

View Postgodsblade, on 04 March 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

I am sure to some he sank the last one, surely it was him/her/it who made the iceberg.

I remember when the tsunami hit Thailand and many of the people were saying it was god who made it happen.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#67    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

We don't like you

• 5,412 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 04 March 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

I am sure to some he sank the last one, surely it was him/her/it who made the iceberg.

I remember when the tsunami hit Thailand and many of the people were saying it was god who made it happen.

Unfortunately it is still used by some as a way to explain away disasters... Blame it on the one you worship.

Edited by Junior Chubb, 04 March 2013 - 12:38 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#68    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,855 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Posthighdesert50, on 03 March 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

It will be equipped with modern equipment.    It'll just look like the Titannic.

#69    bolt thrower

bolt thrower

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

ıt cannot be the same vessel..

Internatıonal Maritime Rules are changed a lot of times,safety rules,construction rules,communication equipment etc must be applied.

it looks like titanic but not exactly same.

#70    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

Personally I'm looking forward to buying a ticket for 3rd class. I've been thinking that if she does go down I'll run to the kitchens, cover myself in dripping (cooked fat) to insulate myself. Then jump on the nearest floating fat person whil" blowing my whistle to attract attention. " I wonder if that would gave saved anyone back then? Apparently a lot drowned as the cold forced them to take a breath ubderwater

#71    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

View Postshrooma, on 01 March 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

as an eccentric billionaire who hates to be 2nd best,
i'm off to the arctic to start work on a replica iceberg....
So your going to sculpt exactly the same iceberg?Good luck with that!Because there's a certain lack of availability.You also need to go off the original photograph.But you can't exactly see if it's before or after when it struck the Titanic.Let's hope for your benefit it's before.Because I would hate for you to figure out where the chipped ice falls into place.However you could always teleport the original iceberg into the 21st Century.But if you did that there won't be a tragedy in 1912 and no Chinese guy to replicate it.Then you are left with an iceberg going for a song.Besides it if wasn't for the Titanic Dirk Pitt wouldn't have made his name.But what type of sick person would do it anyway?

Edited by G Donnelly, 17 March 2013 - 01:11 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#72    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

It is a publicity stunt. Nothing to see here, move on.

#73    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,855 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 02 April 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

It is a publicity stunt. Nothing to see here, move on.
Do you mean he is not going to build it?

#74    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,025 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

This seems to be the latest about it.. http://www.belfastte...e-29164288.html

The more you read, the tawdrier it all seems.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users