Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Activity Happening At This Moment...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Vzy4kat63

Vzy4kat63

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, I'm usualy up until 4 or so, depending on if I'm tired of not and things always start up around 3:00 am.

#17    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostVzy4kat63, on 30 May 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm usualy up until 4 or so, depending on if I'm tired of not and things always start up around 3:00 am.

It's amazing how many people say they have experiences around that time. I had a lot myself in the middle of the night (when I'm not sleeping, mind).

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#18    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 29 May 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

That's all that matters then :tu: enjoy the occasional experiences...some people spend all their lives trying to MAKE them happen to them and here we are having it occur naturally. We must be stir fry crazy :w00t:

As a mentally ill person, I find that offensive.

There is so much stigma attached to mental illness as it is statements like that do not help.

If I suggest that someone see a doctor, I am genuine about it and never saying it to be a smart alec.  My entire life revolved around mental illness and threads have been closed because people come in here seeking advise and it is obvious that they are mentally ill and do need help.

In no way am I suggesting either of your experiences are related to mental illness or that either of you are lying.  A lot of the times I believe that the person actually believes what they experienced is genuinely otherworldly and unexplainable in nature.  What gets me is when a statement is made that gives a possible explanation for the occurrence, the person refuses to accept any rational explanation at all.  That is a closed mind.

Anyway /rant about crazy statement.

#19    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 30 May 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

As a mentally ill person, I find that offensive.

There is so much stigma attached to mental illness as it is statements like that do not help.

If I suggest that someone see a doctor, I am genuine about it and never saying it to be a smart alec.  My entire life revolved around mental illness and threads have been closed because people come in here seeking advise and it is obvious that they are mentally ill and do need help.

In no way am I suggesting either of your experiences are related to mental illness or that either of you are lying.  A lot of the times I believe that the person actually believes what they experienced is genuinely otherworldly and unexplainable in nature.  What gets me is when a statement is made that gives a possible explanation for the occurrence, the person refuses to accept any rational explanation at all.  That is a closed mind.

Anyway /rant about crazy statement.

I wasn't aware that "crazy" was equated to "mental illness". Nonetheless, sorry if you felt offended by what I said.

I would very much love to hear the explanations for my experiences, nobody has succeeded in coming close to making scientific sense of them thus far...maybe if I get round to it at some point, I'll post a diary of sorts and see what the skeptics have to say.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

#20    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 30 May 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I wasn't aware that "crazy" was equated to "mental illness". Nonetheless, sorry if you felt offended by what I said.

I would very much love to hear the explanations for my experiences, nobody has succeeded in coming close to making scientific sense of them thus far...maybe if I get round to it at some point, I'll post a diary of sorts and see what the skeptics have to say.

Really?  That is the most unbelievable thing I've ever heard.  http://www.guardian....-illness-stigma  Check that out.  That is 1 of many examples and I suspect you realize that.  I bet you know a billion examples of homophobic.  It is a 2 way street.

#21    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 30 May 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

Really?  That is the most unbelievable thing I've ever heard.  http://www.guardian....-illness-stigma  Check that out.  That is 1 of many examples and I suspect you realize that.  I bet you know a billion examples of homophobic.  It is a 2 way street.

Crazy = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insanity

Mental Illness = http://en.wikipedia....Mental_disorder

A mental illness can be considered "crazy" but "crazy" doesn't account for every mental illness.

It's amazing how many people bring up homophobia now because I've used it as an example of psychology being wrong when it considered being gay to be an illness...it shows a great sense of weak argument, to be honest.

If you want to cry over it or accuse me of calling you "crazy", be my guest, dear.

#22    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 30 May 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Crazy = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insanity

Mental Illness = http://en.wikipedia....Mental_disorder

A mental illness can be considered "crazy" but "crazy" doesn't account for every mental illness.

It's amazing how many people bring up homophobia now because I've used it as an example of psychology being wrong when it considered being gay to be an illness...it shows a great sense of weak argument, to be honest.

If you want to cry over it or accuse me of calling you "crazy", be my guest, dear.

Obviously you have no ability to comprehend the word 'stigma'.  Also, you didn't read the article.  It's about the word 'crazy' being associated with mental illness.

Alternate definitions of gay from dictionary.com:

having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.  Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe.  Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy.
bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.  Synonyms: colorful, brilliant, vivid, intense, lustrous; glittering, theatrical, flamboyant.  Antonyms: dull, drab, somber, lackluster; conservative.
Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive.  awkward, stupid, or bad; lame: This game is really gay.

Does that mean every homosexual is happy or often disparaging, offensive, awkward, stupid or bad: lame?
You know it doesn't.  Don't play stupid.  You know what I meant and why it is offensive to use the word crazy.

Don't be gay, dear.

#23    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

Oh, btw do I even need to go into the definitions for queer?

I'm pointing out what was said in the article and how 'crazy, nuts, nutter, psycho, etc' terms people use every day can be used offensively on purpose (as you did in your post) to be offensive to people with real mental illnesses.

look up born schizophrenic jani on google and see what these parents go through with these 1 in 40,000 children.  It's a series on Discovery.

I doubt you will bother.

#24    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 31 May 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Oh, btw do I even need to go into the definitions for queer?

I'm pointing out what was said in the article and how 'crazy, nuts, nutter, psycho, etc' terms people use every day can be used offensively on purpose (as you did in your post) to be offensive to people with real mental illnesses.

look up born schizophrenic jani on google and see what these parents go through with these 1 in 40,000 children.  It's a series on Discovery.

I doubt you will bother.

I've been called "crazy", or it has been implied, once or twice when I've told people my experiences. Not really sure what point you're trying to make or why you're so bent out of shape? Even when I apologised if you took offense to what I'd said...you continue to press the issue. Enough people go around here implying others are crazy and my statement merely plays off of that. I've seen ghosts. Must be crazy. Since you pulled out your pocket dictionary, let's actually look at what one of the definitions of crazy is, shall we?

crazy - Affected with madness; insane

Do you think that I think people with say schizophrenia are subpar, "crazy" human beings or something?

Again with the million gay references...since it was me who got asked if I was gay, perhaps I should start going around and asking others? It seems to be on your mind a lot...

Even though I fail to see where you were offended (and yes I understand what stigma is), I apologised and I can only apologise again.

End of the matter as far as I'm concerned...if you still take issue with me and want to argue it some more, please use the PM system. Am sure you'll agree our "disagreement" has no place in this thread.

Edited by Heaven Is A Halfpipe, 31 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#25    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 31 May 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

I've been called "crazy", or it has been implied, once or twice when I've told people my experiences. Not really sure what point you're trying to make or why you're so bent out of shape? Even when I apologised if you took offense to what I'd said...you continue to press the issue. Enough people go around here implying others are crazy and my statement merely plays off of that. I've seen ghosts. Must be crazy. Since you pulled out your pocket dictionary, let's actually look at what one of the definitions of crazy is, shall we?

crazy - Affected with madness; insane

Do you think that I think people with say schizophrenia are subpar, "crazy" human beings or something?

Again with the million gay references...since it was me who got asked if I was gay, perhaps I should start going around and asking others? It seems to be on your mind a lot...

Even though I fail to see where you were offended (and yes I understand what stigma is), I apologised and I can only apologise again.

End of the matter as far as I'm concerned...if you still take issue with me and want to argue it some more, please use the PM system. Am sure you'll agree our "disagreement" has no place in this thread.

I continued talking about gay because you did.

Yes, crazy = affected with madness insane is derogatory.  As you used the term.  Read what you said.  And your apology was not sincere at all.  Why apologize if you fail to see why I was offended?

And yes, I tell other people about stigma and mental illness.  A lot.  I don't know what you think about people with schizophrenia or any other mental illness because you are too busy trying to defend using the word crazy as you did and prove some kind of point when I'm just trying to educate people about mental illness and stigma.  I thought you were smarter than this.

#26    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 31 May 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

I continued talking about gay because you did.

Yes, crazy = affected with madness insane is derogatory.  As you used the term.  Read what you said.  And your apology was not sincere at all.  Why apologize if you fail to see why I was offended?

And yes, I tell other people about stigma and mental illness.  A lot.  I don't know what you think about people with schizophrenia or any other mental illness because you are too busy trying to defend using the word crazy as you did and prove some kind of point when I'm just trying to educate people about mental illness and stigma.  I thought you were smarter than this.

Like I said, if you have further problem with me..just PM :)

#27    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 31 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Like I said, if you have further problem with me..just PM :)

No thanks.

#28    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 31 May 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

No thanks.

Good good, then the matter is resolved.

Good day to you.

#29    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

View PostHeaven Is A Halfpipe, on 31 May 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Good good, then the matter is resolved.

Good day to you.

Yes and a merry tea to you as well.

What are you 12?

#30    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 31 May 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

Yes and a merry tea to you as well.

What are you 12?

Isn't my age listed on my profile? Eyesight is a blessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users