Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Helicopter blows deer on frozen lake to shore

helicopter deer frozen lake blows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,330 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

A helicopter came to the rescue of a deer stuck on a frozen lake in Canada by using the wind from the rotor blades to blow the stricken animal across the ice to safety.

http://www.telegraph...ing-rescue.html

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 6,149 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Heartwarming, yet slightly amusing. However, at the end of the video it looks as though she stumbled a bit even on land so I wonder if her hind legs were injured or if they were simply that cold from being on the ice.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#3    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I wonder if it really was alright after the ordeal. I saw a similar story in the news a few weeks back and the deer had to be destroyed after they got it safely from the ice because of the damage to its legs, slipping and sliding in different directions and multiple breaks. Even at the end of the video it’s rear end seemed to collapse several times as it tried to run.

I do hope it was, OK.

Hats off to the pilot, and I was thinking exactly what he said in the report. “I don't know if it understands we're trying to help or, I don't know what's going through its mind,” the poor creature must be terrified with the sounds of the rotor blades, but I guess it’s only for a few minutes and it is the outcome what is important.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users