Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3-D Printed Car Is Nearing Production

jim kor urbee 2 3-d printed car

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,546 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Picture an assembly line not that isn’t made up of robotic arms spewing sparks to weld heavy steel, but a warehouse of plastic-spraying printers producing light, cheap and highly efficient automobiles.

If Jim Kor’s dream is realized, that’s exactly how the next generation of urban runabouts will be produced. His creation is called the Urbee 2 and it could revolutionize parts manufacturing while creating a cottage industry of small-batch automakers intent on challenging the status quo.

http://www.wired.com...3d-printed-car/

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,113 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I dunno. The shape is pretty fugly.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,219 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

The shape will be pretty much what ever you want it to be eventually.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users