Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Man spends 26 years hauling 12ft crucifix

crucifix lindsay hamon christian evangelist

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 03 March 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

yep. spotted that, was not going to say anything as I thought "never interrupt her while she is taking her medication" Posted Image

LOL!!  I'm going to blame my phone but if it makes posts without me, don't believe a word of it!!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#47    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostPurplos, on 03 March 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

I dare say this man, even with his odd behavior, is much more positive and kind than practically anyone in this thread.  Who is he hurting?

The article says he walks all over the world, talking to people, praying with them if they ask, and walking on if they don't want him there. He's not shouting on street corners or smiting people. He goes around the world making friends and trying to connect to other people in the world.

The fiend... :rolleyes:

Hahaha yeah ok.This man has spent 26 years wheeling around a cross and telling others they should live and believe his ways.I have spent my time and money helping the wounded warrior foundation and toys for tots every chance i get,if this man just talking to people has more of a right to be in "heaven" than me just for spreading his words of his beliefs then i could care less to share the same afterlife as him.Talk is cheap :tu:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#48    acute

acute

The Hedgeless Hoglet

• 2,089 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 28 February 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

A determined Christian evangelist has demonstrated his devotion to his faith by carrying a huge cross for thousands of miles across the globe for the past 26 years.

Pointless!
If God exists, I doubt he would be impressed by such an empty gesture.
He should've just walled himself up in an abbey, anchorite-style.

#49    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

yeah cos the main protagonist of the bible spent his life dragging a heavy weight around to teach people about stuff. that's how the story goes, right?

Edited by Ad hoc, 03 March 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#50    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hahaha yeah ok.This man has spent 26 years wheeling around a cross and telling others they should live and believe his ways.I have spent my time and money helping the wounded warrior foundation and toys for tots every chance i get,if this man just talking to people has more of a right to be in "heaven" than me just for spreading his words of his beliefs then i could care less to share the same afterlife as him.Talk is cheap

I guess I missed the part of the article that said he was doing this so he'd get a free pass into heaven, or the part about him telling everyone they should believe just like he does, or the bit about how people who do good things are somehow worse than he is. Could you point them out to me?

I really find it a bit laughable that people are so angry about the way this guy chooses to 'waste his time' as a few have called it. Most people do something that others would consider a waste of time. I tend to think it's because he's doing something religious that people get so "offended" here. If he was pogo-sticking around the world, would people be so upset about it?

Do I personally think dragging a cross around the world is silly? Sure. But I also think bungee jumping is silly, and shopping for expensive shoes, and watching Spongebob and paint by numbers sets. They're all a waste of time, and most of them don't even let you travel and talk with other people from different cultures.

Embrace the impossible.

#51    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostPurplos, on 04 March 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

I guess I missed the part of the article that said he was doing this so he'd get a free pass into heaven, or the part about him telling everyone they should believe just like he does, or the bit about how people who do good things are somehow worse than he is. Could you point them out to me?

I really find it a bit laughable that people are so angry about the way this guy chooses to 'waste his time' as a few have called it. Most people do something that others would consider a waste of time. I tend to think it's because he's doing something religious that people get so "offended" here. If he was pogo-sticking around the world, would people be so upset about it?

Do I personally think dragging a cross around the world is silly? Sure. But I also think bungee jumping is silly, and shopping for expensive shoes, and watching Spongebob and paint by numbers sets. They're all a waste of time, and most of them don't even let you travel and talk with other people from different cultures.

Oh sorry if you thought i was responding to the article,i was actually responding about your previous post about how this man is more positive and kind than anyone voicing their opinion on this thread.I was just pointing out that i have helped others more by volunteering my time and money to help them than this man has wheeling around a cross!There did i do a better job pointing out the facts for you?I have no problem with this man or his religion,just think his time preaching about christ would be better served helping others with actions not just words.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#52    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Why?

#53    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postwolfknight, on 04 March 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Why?

Why?Was this a question to me?Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.Just walking around talking about someone else who did good deeds,instead of using your time to help do good deeds.Call me crazy i guess as i have said actions speak louder than words.

#54    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

fake religion is all false people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users