Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Lib Dems hold on despite UKIP surge....

lib dems ukip

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

"The Liberal Democrats have won the Eastleigh By Election, with the UK Independence Party pushing the Conservatives into third place"

Hmmm... the In / Out referendum recedes into the distance as the Tories get a "Bloody Nose" in this By Election. I think it will now be down to UKIP somehow winning the next General Election before the UK Electorate get this vote

READ MORE (Curtesy BBC): http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21625726

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,106 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

heh, heh, heh, I bet some will see this as a terrible blow for the Europhobes, since they only came second, and it proves that the Empire is really very, very popular.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

Well done UKIP. Now sit back & watch the anti-UKIP propaganda machine click into overdrive.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#4    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

A big pat on the back to UKIP who are transforming into a party i would vote for.We will see the Haters out in force now to try to destroy them.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,106 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I think really, the last few Govts. (particularly those of Brown and the CameronCleggCoalition) have done UKIp a big favour, as the argument agaisnt UKIP always used to be (and this was what I used to say) that they're a single-issue party, who don't have any ideas or experience in all the other aspects of Government, about Economics and Defence policy and so on. Well, it's fairly obvious that neither the CameronCleggCoaltion nor Labour do either, so really, it's a completely level playing field now isn't it. It might be beginning to get interesting.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#6    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

I believe the existing three main parties are a cartel or cabal & they simply will not allow UKIP to get a foothold.
& i'm sure they'll use whatever means necessary to stop them.
We are all fed the impression that Labour & Tories are polar opposites but once the shouting has died down they're all drinking in the same bars & doing their dirty little deals. The last thing they want is a new kid on the block shining a light on what goes on.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#7    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Well done UKIP. Now sit back & watch the anti-UKIP propaganda machine click into overdrive.

Why dont the politicans just give the people what they want?

I'm tired off them not stopping immigration, not getting us out the EU and telling us we've all got a problem if we want those things acted on.

Who made them God?

#8    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,776 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

View Postitsnotoutthere, on 01 March 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

I believe the existing three main parties are a cartel or cabal & they simply will not allow UKIP to get a foothold.
& i'm sure they'll use whatever means necessary to stop them.
We are all fed the impression that Labour & Tories are polar opposites but once the shouting has died down they're all drinking in the same bars & doing their dirty little deals. The last thing they want is a new kid on the block shining a light on what goes on.

pretty much sums up my thoughts. its UKIP all the way for me. they have in a very short time become a force to be reckoned with. make no mistake about it, after Eastleigh by election, result its game on.

Edited by stevewinn, 01 March 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#9    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,054 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

I think it is unfair to call UKIP a Single Issue Party. They have, and are continuing to garner, a wide knowledge in many Political spheres from their involvement as MEP´s.
Somewhat Ironic to be honest...

#10    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

dp sorry

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 01 March 2013 - 09:04 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#11    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

pretty much sums up my thoughts. its UKIP all the way for me. they have in a very short time become a force to be reckoned with. make no mistake about it, after Eastleigh by election, result its game on.

Skip over to the comments page of the Guardian Steve, it's absolutely hilarious. The Guardianistas are throwing around words like, xenophobe, racist (obviously), & even nazis with gay abandon, I swear they just cannot separate the words 'immigration' & 'racist' if their lives depended on it, it's now a reflex action for most of them. The sandal & lentil brigade must be sh*tting themselves.
They must think that all Australians are racist too with their strict immigration policy. :w00t:

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 01 March 2013 - 09:10 PM.

― Groucho Marx

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,106 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Do the UKIP have a handy manifesto anywhere? It might be interesting to see what their policies or views are on other issues than the Europe/immigration one.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#13    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 01 March 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Do the UKIP have a handy manifesto anywhere? It might be interesting to see what their policies or views are on other issues than the Europe/immigration one.

http://www.ukip.org/...ifesto1304a.pdf

― Groucho Marx

#14    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

A great result for UKIP.  They'll be the happiest of all the parties.  Next up for them, I think, is the EUSSR Elections, which they are the favourites to win throughout Britain as a whole (they finished second the last time after the Conservatives).

Here is a stat to ponder:

The anti-EU parties got 53% of the vote in Eastleigh, yet the Europhile Left got in with just 32% of the votes.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 02 March 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#15    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 01 March 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

its UKIP all the way for me.

Same for me, too.  Farage would make a much better British Prime Minister than Call Me Dave, Red Ed or Old Cleggie.

He's the only one out of the four main party leaders who is actually proud to be British and the only one who will properly stand up for Britain and her interests.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 02 March 2013 - 02:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users