Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GREAT Britain=60 million acre island resort

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    likwidlite

likwidlite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I think your taking this a little more personally than I first intended, my intention was not to offend. I picked your statement rather than the others as you claimed "as seriously as cancer" seen every nook and cranny of the country but you could only come up with a football stadium, a shopping centre and a motorway as places of interest.

Now I've only been to Manchester a couple of times. But you live on the doorstep and can't find anything worthy to say? What about the nightlife, the restaurants, the music scene, the museums, the historic areas, galleries.

"So it's make me wonder what side of the fence you are when it's come to them." What's that supposed to mean? If you mean do i have friends that only have different colour track suits as clothing. Then yes, yes I do, where else would I get my electronic goods from now that Comet has closed down (Just kidding, I use Curry's).

The long an short of it is that any post about "coming to the UK" draws the "its rubbish here" crowd out of the wood work. And in all countries I've travelled 3rd world and first I've never encountered as many whingers as I have at home. And the biggest problem is that its bloody contagious because I'm whinging about whingers lol.

#47    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,489 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think the problem with many, its not so much that they want to whinge about this country, is the fact that we have said for so long how wonderful this country is and where did it get us? Every Tombi Dickra and Hamza wants to come over and now its back fired.

We still have many beautiful parts of this country, and I am sure those living there will want to keep it that way, so after they see what has happened to parts of London, they will not be holding their hands up too high.

Tourism is one thing, but i can tell you now areas like, Northampton, is not a tourist area as such, and yet the majority of "tourists" have decided to stay there.....kids in tow.

http://travel.uk.msn...cotland#image=4

Edited by freetoroam, 04 March 2013 - 04:13 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#48    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,494 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

View Postlikwidlite, on 04 March 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

@ Medium Brown.
"We've seen every nook and cranny of the UK.
You obviously weren't looking very well...
So your telling me that you've seen all the stunning little villages in Cambridgeshire with the rows of thatched cottages.
Or Seen the sun set of the Lakes in Autumn.
Spent a summer day on the white sand at the Gower in South Wales.
Walked along hadrian's wall with a cool winter breeze then walking into a rural pub and warmed your self by an open fire with a Pint and some home cooked food.
Done the Ghost walk around York walls on a clear Halloween.
Taken a bike ride through Thetford Forest/Forest of Dean on a spring afternoon.
Seen the New Years fireworks on the Thames.
Listened to the Cannons at Edinburgh castle.
Watched the Sun setting over the Islands of the Mull of Kintrye.
Stood around a bon fire and watched a public firework display.
Been to a Village fete on May day.
Driven down the coast from Dublin to Cork.

I could go on and on.

NO, You mention retail therapy at PRIMARK!!! Also Why would someone travel to the UK an Visit the M60. And to the others whinging about Chavs. Why would you travel here and go to a council estate. Would you travel to the USA to visit a Ghetto or a trailer park. Or visit Paris and visit the outer suburbs. As for Football, why the hell would anyone want to go and watch a bunch of overpaid fannies run around after a ball and fall over if someone brushes past them.

At original poster. We have our fair share of problems with politicians and chavs. But one I feel that we have an abundance of is whiners and moaners b****ing about everything.

Ah Monday morning rant over....
Hadrian's Wall wouldn't be Hadrian's Wall if it wasn't raining. I love it, even in torrential rain. One of my personal ambitions is to walk the Wall from coast to coast :D (All 70 odd miles)

Posted Image

#49    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm going back to brass tacks just to show I've havn't got a rural phobia.
The UK is indeed a very beautiful country full of hidden wonders.
All that scenic,unspoilt countryside that needs to be preserved for all time.
It's so blissful that you can hear the birds twittering and see starlit skies.
To thatched cottages,bramble hedges and the traditional English garden.
Don't forget to have a pleasant stroll through the meadows and have butterflies landing in your arms.
While later as you roast chestnuts on an open fire you can release the tension out of your joints.
A time to forget the rat race and commune with nature...
However Midsummer County has all of this in abundance.
But don't panic because it's a load of fiction.
Because bad things don't happen in the English countryside.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#50    zebra99

zebra99

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

To all Americans...Please visit...But stay on the roads.Don't go on the moors! :no:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51    likwidlite

likwidlite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Ill put the sarcastic reply down to your lack of anything positive to say.

#52    likwidlite

likwidlite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Come to think of it your right. Dont bother coming here any enjoyment you might have will be drained right from your body.  You may have heard many a tales of ghosts in the uk. Well truth be told they're not ghosts at all but tourists who've had all enjoyment sucked from them until they become hollow spectres of the people they once were. The lack of sunlight turns them a whiter shade of pale. The non stop rain is needed for the sppoky lightning strikes. The locals have robbed all their clothes. There is no food its all just porridge.  Its always a full moon too. Our teeth are funny. But hark not for it is not all doom and gloom. Ye could travel west an have medium brown show you one of our many beautiful motor ways and take you shopping for a union flag onesie at primark followed by a porridge pie at old Trafford whilst you watch our national hero the little goblin whos had **** hair grafted to his head. Ah great Britain, once an empire that spanned the world. Now just a place of whiny sarcastic plebs and some rich toffs. Here the glass is neither full or empty. We use a pottery cup and its gotnsom beer in it.

#53    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Poltergeist

• 3,230 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

I thought it was an interesting advertising campaign slogan, and thought we could have some fun with it here.  Apparently we did.  I  learned a lot from you all.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#54    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,489 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postlikwidlite, on 04 March 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Come to think of it your right. Dont bother coming here any enjoyment you might have will be drained right from your body.  You may have heard many a tales of ghosts in the uk. Well truth be told they're not ghosts at all but tourists who've had all enjoyment sucked from them until they become hollow spectres of the people they once were. The lack of sunlight turns them a whiter shade of pale. The non stop rain is needed for the sppoky lightning strikes. The locals have robbed all their clothes. There is no food its all just porridge.  Its always a full moon too. Our teeth are funny. But hark not for it is not all doom and gloom. Ye could travel west an have medium brown show you one of our many beautiful motor ways and take you shopping for a union flag onesie at primark followed by a porridge pie at old Trafford whilst you watch our national hero the little goblin whos had **** hair grafted to his head. Ah great Britain, once an empire that spanned the world. Now just a place of whiny sarcastic plebs and some rich toffs. Here the glass is neither full or empty. We use a pottery cup and its gotnsom beer in it.

Ahh, you can not beat a good bit of British humour, wit and sarcasm.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#55    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 05 March 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

Ahh, you can not beat a good bit of British humour, wit and sarcasm.
Even if it's at the expense of an other poster.
Truth be told I thought he was off with the fairies then.
All  because he can't distinguish between levity and seriousness.
I wasn't being sarcastic when it came to the countryside.
That's what you get when you feel like I'm giving off mixed signals.
If you want my honest opinion I think he's got a crush on me.
But this isn't a match- making site.
I've just remembered some more attractions in the Manchester area.
Heaton Park,the CIC tower and the former nightclub called the Hacienda.
But he won't obviously believe I'm feeling my own words.
Though I won't make an excellent tourist guide.
Btw there's no galleries and museums in Middleton.
I just have to work with what I've got.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#56    likwidlite

likwidlite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

lol really, "If you want my honest opinion I think he's got a crush on me. But this isn't a match- making site"
If this is the sort of level your working at I'm going to walk away now.

#57    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,489 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

View Postlikwidlite, on 05 March 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

lol really, "If you want my honest opinion I think he's got a crush on me. But this isn't a match- making site"
If this is the sort of level your working at I'm going to walk away now.

So are you saying you have not got a crush on him?  Just asking. :whistle:

(joke btw)

#58    likwidlite

likwidlite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

You had already answered that question.
"I look at people sometimes and think "really! that is the sperm that won?"

Edited by likwidlite, 05 March 2013 - 05:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users