Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Pyramids for rent

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Wasn't sure were to put this topic. Anyway, I read an article about this on vesti.ru today and found this English link. Seems that Egyptian government is so poor that they are going to rent pyramids, Sphinx, Karnak and other sites to highest bidder. To me this seems totaly shocking, though it seems this article is true. Analysis on vesti is that the reality will be that any organisation that rents a monument will simply take over the ticket concession. So hopefully no turning the real sites into something like the Vegas version......
http://english.alara.../01/268970.html

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,580 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

In a sad way, this is the only viable solution to keeping the sites 'safe' considering the going ons there in the country.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

at least that will give some folk a roof over their head . But by the time they find there way upstairs to bed it will be time to come down again .

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,522 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

at least they're not going down the "Militant Muslim" route which is to blow them up because they're an insult to Islam because they're temples to other gods.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#5    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Not yet, but if the tourists stay away in large numbers, and those (and there are a huge number) whose jobs depend on tourists have to find other jobs, then there will less reason not to start destroying what remains of AE. I know that in the middle ages one of the Caliphs decreed that the monuments will be left alone, but we live in strange times where religious passions run high and do not give any thought to the past, or it seems the present or future......

#6    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,122 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Did they ask the aliens permission?

Edited by Junior Chubb, 04 March 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#7    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Seems to me the best way to get money to care for the pyramids would be o allow archeologists to dig and explore around them like they have wanted to do for years.
I for one would love to see if there truly is a chamber between the paws of the sphinx and if so what it contains.

#8    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

All things considered with the state of affairs in that country with the reigning power, I think this is a good Idea. From what I have read, a lot of artifacts have already gone missing since the regime change. This might be the best method to "stop the bleeding" you might say.

Edited by ancient astronaut, 04 March 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#9    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,884 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 03 March 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Not yet, but if the tourists stay away in large numbers, and those (and there are a huge number) whose jobs depend on tourists have to find other jobs, then there will less reason not to start destroying what remains of AE. I know that in the middle ages one of the Caliphs decreed that the monuments will be left alone, but we live in strange times where religious passions run high and do not give any thought to the past, or it seems the present or future......

You can't lay this one on religion.  Science and business don't care about the future
or present either. Government doesn't care about anything beyond the last or next election
and business is concerned only with the quarterly results as they spend increasing amounts
of money to ruin products so consumers buy more and jam landfills with mountains of resources.
We create ever more CO2 in an effort to reduce greenhouse gasses so a few get rich.  Our economy
is founded on waste as many starve.  The real difference is that Egyptians see both ends of this madness
from those who grow wealthy on waste to those who starve.

I don't see blaming this one on religion.  The world has gone mad and it's only natural for a reaction.

That this reaction sometimes seems strange to us is also quite natural.

God willing the Egyptians will survive this as well.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#10    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 03 March 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

at least they're not going down the "Militant Muslim" route which is to blow them up because they're an insult to Islam because they're temples to other gods.

Which is what I have allways feared. Now that would be a lot worse.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#11    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

@ Cladking
And the Muslim Brotherhood are atheists then........ Oh, and the Taliban who destroyed the giant Budha statues. And who massacred about 70 tourists at Luxor some years back? militant atheists perhaps....

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri, 04 March 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#12    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

(i was just about to say 'cue angry statement by cladking', but you bet me to it!!)
don't you ever sleep clad?!
maybe a test for vampirism would be in order....
:-)

#13    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,562 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

i'm not sure the figure of $200bn is correct though.
that's an awful amount of money to pay for 5yrs rent on ANY property, ancient or not!

#14    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

i agree with those people that say it's not a good idea.i live in the U.S.A and i don't like the idea.why?well because its Egypt's most valuable monuments and price possession as well.its ancient and is some of the things you guys have that connect Egypt to their past.ask your self's this do you really trust other people taking care of them and etc?besides what if they use for other reasons and things they don't tell that they are doing?

#15    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 03 March 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I imagine that they'd be hesitant to waste funds on destruction for the time being, but maybe they'll get creative and threaten to destroy them to get a nice ransom for their protection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users