Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What's Up for March 2013?

whats up night sky nasa

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,216 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

What's Up for March 2013?

The first of this year's two potential bright comets is visible for those who can see low on the western horizon and find out which spacecraft is on a 10-year mission to catch up with another comet.

Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech

Asteroid and Comet Watch site

Source: NASA - Multimedia

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,334 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

I went out tonight to a little place on Gulf  called Pine Island and saw the comet and a beautiful sunset. The comet was really hard to see, but there was some nice people out there with a good set of binoculars and they let me look through theirs and I saw it.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users