Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Psychic powers: Impossible for humanity

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Greetings forum, today I feel like bringing up the subject of psychic powers and abilities, in order to simplify what I mean by psychic powers I  mean any and all so called powers of the mind such as but not limited to, Astral projection, remote viewing, energy healing and manipulation, mediumship, seeing into the future or the past, moving objects with the mind, and reading other people's thoughts. Now that that is out of the way I can begin. Psychic powers are not and I repeat not possible for human beings to learn, or be born with. These powers do not belong to humanity and never have in the past, and unless something drastically changes will never have in the future. Nevertheless I do not deny that such powers can be simulated either by deception or supernatural aid. That is to say that humans can only preform psychic powers either through acts of illusion, or with the "help" of spirits. Furthermore both situations are not desirable for if by deception then it is fraud and if by supernatural agency then it is the result of becoming involved with spirits which always has a detrimental effect on human life. Now that being said I say this not out of any contempt for psychic powers but rather as a statement of truth intended to empower those who may seek such powers and find their journey less then satisfying. There are many who may disagree with me, and  to them I would say do the research and look at the phenomena from a objective point of view and you will see that I am right.

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,362 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

Some people do have physic power such as seeing into the future or past.  Controlling these powers may be the problem and making them happen when you want.

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,947 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostBlueogre2, on 04 March 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Greetings forum, today I feel like bringing up the subject of psychic powers and abilities, in order to simplify what I mean by psychic powers I  mean any and all so called powers of the mind such as but not limited to, Astral projection, remote viewing, energy healing and manipulation, mediumship, seeing into the future or the past, moving objects with the mind, and reading other people's thoughts. Now that that is out of the way I can begin. Psychic powers are not and I repeat not possible for human beings to learn, or be born with. These powers do not belong to humanity and never have in the past, and unless something drastically changes will never have in the future. Nevertheless I do not deny that such powers can be simulated either by deception or supernatural aid. That is to say that humans can only preform psychic powers either through acts of illusion, or with the "help" of spirits. Furthermore both situations are not desirable for if by deception then it is fraud and if by supernatural agency then it is the result of becoming involved with spirits which always has a detrimental effect on human life. Now that being said I say this not out of any contempt for psychic powers but rather as a statement of truth intended to empower those who may seek such powers and find their journey less then satisfying. There are many who may disagree with me, and  to them I would say do the research and look at the phenomena from a objective point of view and you will see that I am right.
So there objective proofs of spirits and not psychic powers i take it?

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,440 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

My problem with claims of psychic abilities goes beyond the fact that they can't be objectively, repeatedly demonstrated in a skeptical environment, although that is a huge problem.  Instead my main problem is that the field seems to attract so many airheads and frauds, making the level of noise so high that good sense cannot penetrate it.

There is also a small little issue of mechanics -- how would such abilities actually function?  By radio waves?  How would our brains be able to do this?

#5    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

if by supernatural agency then it is the result of becoming involved with spirits which always has a detrimental effect on human life.

I hope you meant that as opinion because many would disagree with you

There are many who may disagree with me, and  to them I would say do the research and look at the phenomena from a objective point of view and you will see that I am right.

I do and have looked at what Ive come across and find myself skeptical at the best. But I do have more faith in my own experiences. To think that I or others will see it your way is presuming much.

#6    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 04 March 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

So there objective proofs of spirits and not psychic powers i take it?
Thats funny coming from someone who advocates Astral Projection and has met spirits several times

#7    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 04 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

My problem with claims of psychic abilities goes beyond the fact that they can't be objectively, repeatedly demonstrated in a skeptical environment, although that is a huge problem.  Instead my main problem is that the field seems to attract so many airheads and frauds, making the level of noise so high that good sense cannot penetrate it.

There is also a small little issue of mechanics -- how would such abilities actually function?  By radio waves?  How would our brains be able to do this?
Thats just it, these powers have no physical method to operate. They are beyond our ability to preform unless we get help from spirits and they demand far too much in return

#8    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 04 March 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I hope you meant that as opinion because many would disagree with you

I do and have looked at what Ive come across and find myself skeptical at the best. But I do have more faith in my own experiences. To think that I or others will see it your way is presuming much.
Really? I don't think it's presuming much at all. I mean honestly, if psychic powers were within human ability it would be a skill that would be controlled and regulated by the powers that be, furthermore those who had it would be able to make a living working for the government or simply by using their powers to win the lottery. However, if it is like I said then it would be a mysterious force that defies nature that no one would be able to do without help from outside forces. Oh and yes spirits can be helping someone without that person being aware of their pressence, thats what makes them so dangerous

#9    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,255 posts

• ראה

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

So if the Holy Spirit decides to manifest itself as a tongue of fire above your head, you'd be a believer?

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,440 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

Well in my case it would shake my skepticism.

View PostRaptor Witness, on 06 March 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

So if the Holy Spirit decides to manifest itself as a tongue of fire above your head, you'd be a believer?
It might shake my skepticism.

#11    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,255 posts

• ראה

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 March 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

It might shake my skepticism.
How about a burning feather, which makes a sound like none heard by men before?

View PostRaptor Witness, on 07 January 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

....From the air, a sound like none heard by men before.

Crackling thunder, without lightning;
horizon flashes, but no rain.

A feather falls, it catches fire;
No sleep, no slumber;
free us from fear, free us from wonder.

Posted Image

View PostRaptor Witness, on 19 February 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#12    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostHilander, on 04 March 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Some people do have physic power such as seeing into the future or past.  Controlling these powers may be the problem and making them happen when you want.
Isn't that called 'remembering' or studying history?

View PostRaptor Witness, on 06 March 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

How about a burning feather, which makes a sound like none heard by men before?
What's that supposed to be proof of?

Edited by Timonthy, 06 March 2013 - 08:57 AM.

Posted Image

#13    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,471 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Huh... I have no specific knowledge, but my opinion is that psychic abilities are a possibility, given the quantum nature of everything, that is.

#14    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,947 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

View PostBlueogre2, on 04 March 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Thats funny coming from someone who advocates Astral Projection and has met spirits several times
More than several, Some are very close friends. I have my proof, but I just thought it odd that you apply one set of criteria for one thing but not the other. It seems odd to say that there can be such thing as spirits but not psychic intuitions. As to the journey. Yes it is quit a large part of my life, and it is a rich practice of self knowledge and development. My ancestors had a person or two in nearly every tribe that was intimately connected to the two worlds. Spirit walker, shaman, whatever you want to call us. It has been a fact of life for all of human history and will remain long after our religions and sciences die. I don't consider it a psychic power though. It's just apart of what we are. Evenchually the frontier of the mind/spirit will open wide up for humanity and it will be those who have traversed the depths that will lead the way weather one believes our experiences are spiritual or neurological. Jesus, Mohammed, the buhdda, and virtually every other prophet or spiritual founder was a spirit walker. Just in different cultural contexts.

Edited by Seeker79, 06 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#15    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,440 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Well I guess so.  Quantum mechanics or not, everything is "possible."  That's the logical equivalent of dividing by zero.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users