Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why is the bible not to be questioned?

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#196    Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• 6' 2", Amazon queen.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostReann, on 12 April 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

if  Jesus was to be one ,or, one that  reached  a most highest spiritual level of what we are to become , sort of like by his example we were shown what God expected of us to become,but I believe what Jesus said and for me that's all that really matters of importance  when concerning the bible.
We're not supposed to be in the same dna as God. Trying to be perfect is different. http://www.moh.org/W...NatureOfGod.htm

#197    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Here's the video link again via Vimeo...:

https://vimeo.com/63995584

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist)

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#198    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

View Poststop yield, on 13 April 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

We're not supposed to be in the same dna as God. Trying to be perfect is different. http://www.moh.org/W...NatureOfGod.htm
I wasn't referring to our genetic biology of genes when I referred to Jesus, what I was thinking of , was more so  what  Jesus revealed of God by his own life , his own actions and words from the description we have  of Jesus . He  seemed to be a highly spiritual person .
I do  consider  the history  which he was born in ; his experience of what he had seen   whereas the Romans had taken over  everything and everyone , and the leaders of the  temple where horrible .
Though , if we were created in the image of God , what do you suppose that may mean? Anyway , in that created image of , and in the teachings of Jesus,  by his example ,  is what I more so was referring to .  Oh and even though I said created , I don't know how life actually was created .

#199    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 12 April 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

That DMT state, I think it's something when you become less caring about the presence of the possibility of death and life's border because it's already so evidently there, and instead become more aware of what's things like happiness, start to think things like who would be the one person you'd truly wish to have said one word more, perhaps, things like that. It's not a state which is easy to sustain if you dont have the psychological withstanding to withstand it, because it's unconditional. Certain things may be harder to fit together for a majority of us because of the lifestyles we've adopted, the ongoing survival mechanisms we've learned to accept unquestioningly. We dont ask ourselves "what if this all ended for us?", let alone live on the edge, follow our drives like acrobats walking on a long rope, below us a deep bottomless pit, not just ready to lose everything, but to gamble things for something we truly believe in. I've heard of LSD trippers who have jumped over roof after heavy doze because they believed in what they experienced that much, but I think it's just that those people might've lacked the ability to grasp the true relation between belief and reality. They're tied together as Jesus and placebo say, but it's a matter of how, to what and which extent.

I just say all this because I think it's the same faith you need in order to have true form of faith into Jesus, god or anything else, or what they teach. As they said, "place your faith unto me, place yourself unto my arms"... I can't remember how it went exactly. I just think it's the level of sincerity that counts to a good part.

This part, in particular, I think shows that Jesus might've been aware of placebo, of the power of belief unto anything you believe to be healing, is what makes your body heal better. Whether he was son of god or not (I believe we are all offsprings of something bigger than us, just a question of what it is and it's nature exactly), he seemed to have been definitely ahead of his time. Psychologically advanced man too. I dont think any of this or other earthly elevation of his abilities shuts out the possibility of son-of-god nor even diminishes that possibility, but it might make things clearer.

That DMT state, I think it's something when you become less caring about the presence of the possibility of death and life's border because it's already so evidently there, and instead become more aware of what's things like happiness, start to think things like who would be the one person you'd truly wish to have said one word more, perhaps, things like that. It's not a state which is easy to sustain if you dont have the psychological withstanding to withstand it, because it's unconditional. Certain things may be harder to fit together for a majority of us because of the lifestyles we've adopted, the ongoing survival mechanisms we've learned to accept unquestioningly. We dont ask ourselves "what if this all ended for us?", let alone live on the edge, follow our drives like acrobats walking on a long rope, below us a deep bottomless pit, not just ready to lose everything, but to gamble things for something we truly believe in. I've heard of LSD trippers who have jumped over roof after heavy doze because they believed in what they experienced that much, but I think it's just that those people might've lacked the ability to grasp the true relation between belief and reality. They're tied together as Jesus and placebo say, but it's a matter of how, to what and which extent.

I just say all this because I think it's the same faith you need in order to have true form of faith into Jesus, god or anything else, or what they teach. As they said, "place your faith unto me, place yourself unto my arms"... I can't remember how it went exactly. I just think it's the level of sincerity that counts to a good part.

This part, in particular, I think shows that Jesus might've been aware of placebo, of the power of belief unto anything you believe to be healing, is what makes your body heal better. Whether he was son of god or not (I believe we are all offsprings of something bigger than us, just a question of what it is and it's nature exactly), he seemed to have been definitely ahead of his time. Psychologically advanced man too. I dont think any of this or other earthly elevation of his abilities shuts out the possibility of son-of-god nor even diminishes that possibility, but it might make things clearer.

I think about things like the placebo effect a lot . The childlike faith staement reminds me of that, you know , where Jesus said that. I think that childlike faith is so simple , just like the placebo effect , yet at times we think to hard about things , sometimes even find ourselves worring , which he also said to never do.
The mind is the key to everything isn't it ; to so much more than science will ever discover .Someone once told me that when we die we will have no  consiousness ; that was one of the most saddest things I've ever heard , I don't believe that to be true . On another note , someone else once told me that when we die we enter back into our most natural state of being , Spiritbeing.  I  don't think science will ever fully be able to test or experiment  all that the mind is capable of  so they can state it is as fact .
You mentioned that Jesus may have been before his time , some people say that  such people  as that are old souls , those who have reincarnted . I can't say if that is the case with him or not , but , I totally agree with you in saying that he was way ahead of his time.

#200    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Religions like people to be childlike.

#201    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

Words have two meanings , but yeah , I get what you mean of the one meaning . Only Jesus (to me) wasn't religious , he was spiritual . .

#202    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostReann, on 15 April 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Words have two meanings , but yeah , I get what you mean of the one meaning . Only Jesus (to me) wasn't religious , he was spiritual . .
The world "childlike" is very different from "childish."  I did not say "childish."

#203    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

The world "childlike" is very different from "childish."  I did not say "childish."

View PostFrank Merton, on 15 April 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yes,  I see that. I know you didn't say childish . Childlike can   have two meaning too, at least I think so . Like , for example ,  have you ever tried to talk with an old timer about astrotheolgy ,? they seem to be childlike in only what they know of  which is the bible ,  yet ,  their faith is a different form of childlike  in meaning of words .

#204    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,340 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 11 April 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

I am not Christian, but as far as I can see the bible IS being questioned. In fact, questioning the bible was what the whole period of enlightenment in the West was about. The biblical beliefs where thoroughly grilled and questioned, as a result we have the benevolent and harmless Christianity of today, which believes in irrational tales but does not try to impose old-testamentarial laws on us.

The major world religion that does that, and that does not allow any kind of critical inquiry is islam. So I humbly suggest you are really barking up the wrong tree with your question.

In truth my question was geared to those who think that it shouldnt be questioned. The bible being authority is a common thought and practice within Christianity. No christian church can rightfully be "Christian" if it doesn't teach from it, and from what ive experienced, they also teach it as final authority...   I am well aware it IS being questioned by other people.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#205    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,340 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 14 April 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Here's the video link again via Vimeo...:

https://vimeo.com/63995584

Peace.

Nice work Brave one :)

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users