Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Plastic slip-on hooves for horses

glushu hooves horses horseshoe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,330 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

A revolutionary slip-on plastic coated hoof that doubles as an equine fashion accessory could spell the end for nailing on horseshoes.

An equestrian designer came up with the 'GluShu', which uses a traditional metal horseshoe that is coated in a durable thick plastic covering and glued to the animal's foot rather than nailed.

The coating offers the horse more cushioning and offers an easier alternative to the traditional method of fitting shoes.

http://www.dailymail...thing-past.html

Posted Image

#2    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I've printed off a copy to show Tony the farrier when he calls next. It'll make his day!!! (Better not let the granddaughters see it though, otherwise there's no telling what the ponies could end up looking like!

Posted Image

Edited by ealdwita, 04 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

Also tagged with glushu, hooves, horses, horseshoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users