Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dennis Rodman visits North Korea & President

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 11,962 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

This is all you need to know:

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#17    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 05 March 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

This is all you need to know:
Hilarious ...

The State Department is repeatedly said to be distancing itself from the trip, but I wonder which one?

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#18    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

I guess the humor in the picture is the contrast between the effeminate costume and pose and the masculine tattoos and cigar.  It certainly is "in your face" and therefore no doubt disturbs many, which is also no doubt why he did it.

The man was a first-class athlete, which tells me he was willing and able to work hard and smart enough to play well.

#19    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,231 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag multiple times, and then he ran for President.  He's white though, so it's okay.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#20    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostYamato, on 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag multiple times, and then he ran for President.  He's white though, so it's okay.

Those who pull the race card should be taken out back and flogged.

If Dennis Rodman is really trying to help I see nothing wrong with it.

As for Rudy Giuliani, I'm not sure about President but  he'd make a fine first lady :tu:

Posted Image

Edited by Betrayal of Humanity, 06 March 2013 - 09:20 AM.

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#21    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Rodman is an idiot and Kim Jong Un is definitely an evil dictator. But the last I checked, we're not currently at war with NK. So Rodman can do whatever he wishes as far as I'm concerned.

#22    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,231 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostBetrayal of Humanity, on 06 March 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Those who pull the race card should be taken out back and flogged.

If Dennis Rodman is really trying to help I see nothing wrong with it.

As for Rudy Giuliani, I'm not sure about President but  he'd make a fine first lady :tu:

Posted Image
The right wing that voted for a very white and correct Rudy Giuliani didn't mind your picture right there.  That picture you just shared wasn't all we need to know.   Dennis Rodman on the other hand isn't running for President.  He's a tourist who made a friend and shared his opinion on TV but a picture of him in drag is all we need to know according to two posters here and if it isn't the race card, then tell me what gives.  95% of blacks voted for Obama, the country sees the world in skin color.   That's not a card, it's a fact.  Let's not sheepishly hide from race, let's just be frank about it.  It's taboo because we've been indoctrinated to be scared to discuss it.  Well, bugger that.

Rodman said he has no interest in being a diplomat but if Obama had the sense he would call Kim and encourage Rodman to go back more officially the next time.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#23    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

hmmmm....  this raised my brow:

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

I wish I could get these film clips to come in, but I guess my connection is too slow.

About the "race card," one would have to be utterly stupid to say it doesn't exist.  African-Americans in the States tend to vote 90% or so the same way, and that's a juicy plumb for any politician if he can get it.  The opposite also applies; there is a voting block in the States about the same size as the African-American vote of whites who tend to vote in the same proportion opposite how the African-Americans vote.  So usually the two cancel each other.  So also a politician often needs to go for one and forgo any hope of penetrating the other.

In the long run I guess the nation is served best by those who ignore it in the hope that someday it will go away.

#25    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,094 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Perhaps someone can enlighten me(or maybe I missed a post)...

How the hell did Rodman get so close to him in the first place?

Edited by pallidin, 08 March 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#26    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postpallidin, on 08 March 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Perhaps someone can enlighten me(or maybe I missed a post)...

How the hell did Rodman get so close to him in the first place?
He was invited - Kim Jong Un is a huge fan of his :w00t:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#27    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Who doesnt love Dennis Rodman

#28    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Kim loves him so much as soon as Rodman left Kim got depressed and is threating to nuke everyone. Clearly for the sake of world peace Rodman needs to live in North Korea.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#29    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Why does race have to be brought into

View PostYamato, on 06 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

The right wing that voted for a very white and correct Rudy Giuliani didn't mind your picture right there.  That picture you just shared wasn't all we need to know.   Dennis Rodman on the other hand isn't running for President.  He's a tourist who made a friend and shared his opinion on TV but a picture of him in drag is all we need to know according to two posters here and if it isn't the race card, then tell me what gives.  95% of blacks voted for Obama, the country sees the world in skin color.   That's not a card, it's a fact.  Let's not sheepishly hide from race, let's just be frank about it.  It's taboo because we've been indoctrinated to be scared to discuss it.  Well, bugger that.

Rodman said he has no interest in being a diplomat but if Obama had the sense he would call Kim and encourage Rodman to go back more officially the next time.

It must be because he is a black drag queen why people can't take him seriously, not because of the way he has acted over the years.

Why can't Dennis Rodman be made fun of with out people saying it's racist? People need to stop bringing race into discussions that have nothing to do with race.

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostBetrayal of Humanity, on 09 March 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Why does race have to be brought into

It must be because he is a black drag queen why people can't take him seriously, not because of the way he has acted over the years.

Why can't Dennis Rodman be made fun of with out people saying it's racist? People need to stop bringing race into discussions that have nothing to do with race.
Unfortunately a lot of the ridicule is racial, and a lot is homophobic (the two often to run together in whites).  We gain nothing by denying this reality.  I think it is possible that his motives are pure exhibitionism and trying to be funny, and not to make political points, but maybe he is trying to rub some sore spots to get rid scrape of some of the hypocrisy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users