Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snipers deployed to tackle giant mutant rats

Saru

Gigantic rats have been plaguing Iran's capital Tehran after being exposed to radiation and chemicals.

Tehran has deployed snipers to fight an invasion of hyper-evolved "mutant rats", which officials say grew freakishly big after being exposed to radiation and chemicals. The cat-sized rats now outnumber humans in the Iranian capital.

arrow3.gifRead more...

That was you get when you play with chemcials and radiation.

• Like 2

But how big are these mutants? Length etc

A picture would be handy

Edited by Welsh Shaun
  • Like 2

I can see the headlines now: "Ahmadinejad shot in case of mistaken identity."

• Like 4

that rat isnt that big, Spartan. But is that confirmed? to me sound like something that would come out from a 80's post nuclear holocaust sci fy moive. Sure it isnt a joke or a hoax?

• Like 2

Let's not teach to catch and domesticate them. Rats make great pets and are highly intelligent creatures. (Too bad they don't have bladder control.)

Let's not teach to catch and domesticate them. Rats make great pets and are highly intelligent creatures. (Too bad they don't have bladder control.)

They do make great pets! My pet rats use a litter box. I didn't even have to teach them, they started using it on their own after I put it in their cage.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

Read about this story on Phantoms and Monsters blogspot. Could this be a Isreali-USA biological war against Iran just wondering what next will the planet unleash against us in the future.

346383.jpg

That rat is about average for a male. It's not that big at all. There are bigger in NYC. My boys are bigger as well.

Agreed. Total false alarm. When I was a kid I worked on a ranch and have killed many rats larger than those with a pellet gun as they were stealing feed meant for the horses. Giant mutant rats :innocent:

When i read the title i thought o **** its something out of a DC or Marvel Comics

More bull**** lies, and using chemicals to kill them is horrific, slow and painful how very cruel. Shooting is less painful hopefully, chemically poisoning is so low.

I can hardly imagine what the next level of evolution will be for the cat.

ZnI7U.jpg

I remember reading an opinion someone had about how radiation may cause gigantism, and their arguing point was the dinosaurs. They were much larger than most life on Earth today, and even plants and insects were larger. Earlier in our history Earth's atmosphere may not have shielded as much radiation as it does today.

I remember reading an opinion someone had about how radiation may cause gigantism, and their arguing point was the dinosaurs. They were much larger than most life on Earth today, and even plants and insects were larger. Earlier in our history Earth's atmosphere may not have shielded as much radiation as it does today.

That's got nothing to do with radiation. It's down to the amount of oxygen available. More O2 means bigger organisms.

When I hear Giant Rats I think of the classic Tomb Raider Game, but It's all just practice time for the snipers.

As much as I am for animal rights and all, but rats I can do without, hope they don't board a boat or a plane and head here.

N.Y. has enough rodent problems, giant rats is very bad! now i'm going to have nightmares.

Sounds like the movie chernoble diaries

Rats much larger than that are totally normal, it depends on the species. In New York there are stories of mega giant rats, and there are pics of them too.

@mischamoonlight I totally agree, poison is cruel.