Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Email tells feds to make sequester cuts as

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

http://www.washingto...inful-promised/

"The Obama Administration denied an appeal for flexibility in lessening the sequester’s effects, with an email this week appearing to show officials in Washington that because they already had promised the cuts would be devastating, they now have to follow through on that.

In the email sent Monday by Charles Brown, an official with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection service office in Raleigh, N.C., Mr. Brown asked “if there was any latitude” in how to spread the sequester cuts across the region to lessen the impacts on fish inspections."  read the article for the rest...

Why do I not find this surprising?

This example is the only one I have found that has been brought forward, but I have a feeling the TSA and DHS got similar instructions.

We have known that the 85 billion was trifling considering the size of the yearly deficit.  I also had the feeling they were going to make it hurt as much as possible so as to justify the blank check mentality rather than looking at less painful and effective cuts.

I just have to shake my head...

madness...

We are being played...again.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 05 March 2013 - 10:13 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,824 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

They did it on purpose.  They agreed on the sequesters if they couldn't make a deal and then both sides refused to compromise.  It's seeming that more people are going to have to start agreeing with what I've been saying for years.  There are not two political parties with two agendas.  There is one government entity pretending to be two to give the american people the illusion that
  • we have choices
  • that somebody is fighting for us

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,105 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Email tells feds to make sequester cuts as painful as promised

Of course they did. It's how this administration works.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 05 March 2013 - 10:33 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#4    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,757 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostOverSword, on 05 March 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

They did it on purpose.  They agreed on the sequesters if they couldn't make a deal and then both sides refused to compromise.  It's seeming that more people are going to have to start agreeing with what I've been saying for years.  There are not two political parties with two agendas.  There is one government entity pretending to be two to give the american people the illusion that
  • we have choices
  • that somebody is fighting for us

Yep...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,824 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

That one with the sheep is the greatest picture ever!

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Isn't this what the republicans wanted to make democrats look bad.

#7    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,264 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

But, I thought Obama's PR guys have already gone out and told people it is not going to be so Bad?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#8    Big Jim

Big Jim

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

We keep focusing on right and wrong, left and right, the President and Congress and completely miss the fact that our government as a whole is completely disfunctional.  There is no shortage of blame but to be fair we each must take a share.  We elected them and we allow them to be incompetent in their governance while being experts at deception.  Our very survival as a nation depends on being able to see the big picture while we stand in the shadow of a tsunami arguing over who builds the best sand castle.  The United States was founded by great and brave men in the age of Enlightenment and may well come to its demise at the hands of petty and spiteful people in the age of Whatever.  As with most things in life, that which we take for granted we soon lose.  If our leaders can't lead then where are we bound?

#9    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,965 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Sorry for the repetition, but as Mencken observed nearly a century ago, the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

OMG, the sequester hobgoblin! :w00t:

#10    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,757 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

OMG...it's the sequestration abomination!!

Posted Image

I wonder who is behind that mask?

Posted Image

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

I hear Obama plans on spending 3.5 days next week on the senate floor filibustering over the sequester. This will all be clear in a few weeks how bad we been duped since the payroll tax hikes and the silent raising of the debt ceiling. But itleast I understand why DHS bought bulk ahead of the next best recession.

#12    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,950 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:32 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 09 March 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

since the payroll tax hikes

who's been duped? You mean when the TEMPORARY payroll tax cut expired?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#13    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 09 March 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

OMG...it's the sequestration abomination!!

Posted Image

I wonder who is behind that mask?

Dude that picture is awesome

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users