Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefi

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,113 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

North Korea vows to cancel Korean War ceasefire

North Korea vowed Tuesday to cancel the 1953 cease-fire that ended the Korean War, citing a U.S.-led push for punishing United Nations sanctions over its recent nuclear test and ongoing U.S.-South Korean joint military drills.

Without elaborating, the Korean People's Army Supreme Command warned of "surgical strikes" meant to unify the divided Korean Peninsula and of an indigenous, "precision nuclear striking tool." The statement came amid reports that Washington and North Korean ally Beijing have approved a draft of a UN Security Council resolution calling for sanctions in response to North Korea's Feb. 12 nuclear test. The draft is expected to be circulated at the UN this week.

Heated military rhetoric is common from North Korea when tensions rise on the Korean Peninsula and during U.S.-South Korean war games, but this latest statement is unusually specific. It threatens to block a communications line between North Korea and the United States at the border village separating the two Koreas, and to nullify the 60-year-old Korean War armistice agreement on March 11, when two weeks of U.S.-South Korean military drills will draw 10,000 South Korean and 3,500 U.S. forces. An earlier round of drills between the allies began earlier this month.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-ceasefire.html

Well looks like I gotta pack. Damn I thought this war was over.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,635 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

ohhhh ****

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,515 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

How far will North Korea go ?, because one day their bluff will be called. China is their ally but they are losing patience with the Koreans, and have already agreed to sanctions at the Utd Nations. Will China back them again in another war of attrition with Sth Korea, the Chinese lost an awfull lot of men in that conflict.As Nth Korea is a Communist country would Russia become involved, maybe not as they don't get on with China..Its in the melting pot folks because it would mean "loss of face" if the Nth Koreans were to back down.They talk the talk,but can they walk the walk ?

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#4    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

North Korea is just talking crap.if they where really serious about trying to war with. the south they would have done it all ready.its time to wipe them off the map

#5    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostThanato, on 05 March 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

Well looks like I gotta pack. Damn I thought this war was over.

~Thanato

Un pack as NK is a chest ponder nothing more. They are under china and Russia control. If you had to pack for war in NK it would be more than boots on the ground.

View Postcoolguy, on 06 March 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

North Korea is just talking crap.if they where really serious about trying to war with. the south they would have done it all ready.its time to wipe them off the map

No just leave them alone and let the country decay as bad as I feel for the people.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 06 March 2013 - 05:46 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,023 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

You know, NK leadership is like a pesky fly.

I swat it, but it just keeps coming back to bug me.

Edited by pallidin, 06 March 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#7    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,191 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

View Postpallidin, on 06 March 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

You know, NK leadership is like a pesky fly.

I swat it, but it just keeps coming back to bug me.

so no need to nuke a fly.  I can see nothing good from a pre-empt

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#8    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,023 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 06 March 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

so no need to nuke a fly.  I can see nothing good from a pre-empt

Perhaps, but if their secret intenton is to develop capable nuclear weapons, there is a problem.

I say pre-empt.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

I see where the US and China jointly introduced a resolution in the UN Security Council for specific sanctions against N. Korea to hinder their weapons development.  I don't know the details but it sounds hopeful if the Chinese are with it.

#10    Betrayal of Humanity

Betrayal of Humanity

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

• Hitch your wagon to a star... -Emerson

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

Dennis Rodman, what have you done :no:

"The advocates of abortion on demand falsely assume two things: that women must suffer if the lives of unborn children are legally protected; and that women can only attain equality by having the legal option of destroying their innocent offspring in the womb." --  Robert Casey

#11    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,301 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

North Korea probably just wants more aid from the west. They tend to throw these fits when they want something.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#12    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,803 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

If they were serious they wouldn't make an announcement of it they would be on the march - why give their enemy a "heads up"?  Pretty sure they have their hand out too - someone should spit in it and send them on their way, what a nuisance they are.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,254 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

They are a nuisance that could kill a lot of people if we don't exercise patience and forbearance.

#14    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Wow our great ambassador rodman must have really peed in kims cheerios :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

I think it's more likely Best Korea is just asking for more aid. Though it's nice to see that China is cluing in to just how unstable the country is. Hopefully they'll take steps to correct that in the future.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users