Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Far Cry 3 (2012)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    mentalman

mentalman

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Location:The Winchester, having a nice cold pint and waiting for all this to blow over

• I don't do haikus
    I've never understood them
    thats called irony

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I love it! The character movement and gun handling just works so well and feels so fluid it makes the game just a joy to play. The guns behave realistically and the AI are smart enough to hunt you out from a lone gunshot. The islands ecosystem all interacts so well and getting nabbed by a croc still remains one of the most terrifying moments in gaming this year (last year).

In places the AI seems to get confused leading to them throwing their cars off cliffs or just wandering into the sea. I also encountered a problem in which my car became infused with another after a head on collision. this happened a few times actually  but nevertheless those are just tiny glitches that can be expected of games this size.

Overall, far cry 3 is just a nice place to be. it's not another washed out, grayish war torn city, and it's not a dark and gloomy dungeon crawler to which we all have become accustom to. Instead, far cry offers a bright, colorful setting which, coupled with the game mechanics, makes arguably one of the best FPS games around!

i don't get haikus
i've never understood them
thats called irony

#17    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

View Postxsas, on 11 March 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

Question:

When you look at the whole map, there’s an island to the North East of the mainland, On the island is a heavily guarded compound. I have managed to get inside the compound past all the guards and the compound is empty, after picking up various supplies etc, I tried looking to see how to get into the second half of the compound. There’s a massive dividing wall between the two compounds and a large wooden tower. I can hear people behind the wall but for the life in me can’t work out how to get in there?

I have been right round the perimeter looking for a way in as well as looking from inside the first half of the empty compound??

How do I get inside?

On the south island? That could be Hoyt's Compound and it is a specific mission called "Aced In The Hole" and will meet Sam at that massive wall. It is the final mission that players can manually save. So save it before accepting, there's no turning back at this point.

Posted Image

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#18    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

No spam intended but Gamestop is selling Far Cry 3 brand new at 50% off during their two week Spring Savings Days from March 25th through to April 7th.

http://www.gamestop....n/gamestop-sale

What a bargain except unless someone shops for bargains on Ebay or Amazon marketplace.

The cheapest I have seen this at GS is $37.99 PRE-OWNED!

Just an FYI! No spam intended.

Edited by B Jenkins, 30 March 2013 - 12:51 AM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#19    mentalman

mentalman

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Location:The Winchester, having a nice cold pint and waiting for all this to blow over

• I don't do haikus
    I've never understood them
    thats called irony

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

I recently purchased the DLC pack, and my advice?
Don't buy it!!!
For £8 (I think) You get 2 new single player weapons (An M700 Sniper which is a slightly modded version of the one you already have) and the tribal knife which makes no difference to melee combat. You also get a series of missions that are set in dark, grey underground bunkers, and focus on locating documents and killing groups of pirates (SHOCKER). I was most excited to finally get some new animals to hunt, but SURPRISE! They're a complete joke too. The skins you take from them not only are completely useless, but they are actually the same skins you get from animals already in the game.
There's still a mission or 2 i'll need to check out, and you get a weapon or two for multiplayer but overall, a complete waste of time!

i don't get haikus
i've never understood them
thats called irony

#20    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postmentalman, on 05 April 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I recently purchased the DLC pack, and my advice?
Don't buy it!!!
For £8 (I think) You get 2 new single player weapons (An M700 Sniper which is a slightly modded version of the one you already have) and the tribal knife which makes no difference to melee combat. You also get a series of missions that are set in dark, grey underground bunkers, and focus on locating documents and killing groups of pirates (SHOCKER). I was most excited to finally get some new animals to hunt, but SURPRISE! They're a complete joke too. The skins you take from them not only are completely useless, but they are actually the same skins you get from animals already in the game.
There's still a mission or 2 i'll need to check out, and you get a weapon or two for multiplayer but overall, a complete waste of time!

Thanks very much, alot of this DLC business is simply a company double dipping on their product. Take Bioshock Infinite, someone at Gamestop told me the unreleased DLC material is going to add 40% additional gameplay according to this individual.

With FC3 the gameplay is certainly repetitive but oh so habit forming. My favorite weapon is the compound bow, with the explosive and flame arrows. Only drawback is that it does have a limited range.

Anybody know what that reggae song was, that blares during the mission where you destroy all of Vaas' marijuana grows with a flamethrower (lmao). That tune was real catchy. If not I will look it up on yt later.

#21    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

Make It Bun Dem - Skrillex (featuring Damian Marley)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users