Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UK to send armoured vehicles to Syrian

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think the West's agenda is wanting to remove Assad is not hard to see -- he has been excessive in his efforts to hold power.  There is a natural tendency for world opinion to flow against such dictators, and representative governments feel the pressure.

#17    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 March 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

We don't know that Assad's replacement will be worse.  It would be difficult for them to achieve this.  There are some scary elements in the resistance, but it is hard to say who would end up on top.  The Turks and the Jordanians and the Saudis are not just sitting letting Iran do all the influencing.

Some scary elements that have almost all of the power. The citizens of Syria will just be left under the oppressive rule (far more oppressive than Assad's if their rhetoric is anything to go by) of Islamic fanatics, with brutal Sharia and a devolution in-store for their future. Libya is much the same.

I mentioned nothing of Iran.

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 March 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

I think the West's agenda is wanting to remove Assad is not hard to see -- he has been excessive in his efforts to hold power.  There is a natural tendency for world opinion to flow against such dictators, and representative governments feel the pressure.

The West's objectives have nothing to do with humanitarian issues. This is nonsense. There are tens, if not hundreds, of humanitarian cases from decades past (and today) that don't even come close to gaining the West's (or, rather, their governments') attention. Hell, the UK and U.S. sat by and even actively prevented UN intervention in Rwanda when one of the worst cases of genocide was being carried out for all the World to see. The only reason we want a part in this is because of Assad and what he represents to America, Israel and the Middle East in terms of the status quo and power struggle.

We are invested entirely for political reasons. We don't care about dictators and oppressive regimes - we have overthrew enough democracies to install such (Western friendly) regimes countless times in the past, when it suits us. And our governments actively ignore the Worldwide humanitarian issues that their constituents put 'pressure' on them to address, because they are not politically, strategically or financially beneficial to them.

You can drink the cool aid if you wish, but a 20th century history book would show you that what our collective governments say has very little to do with their true intentions. They are lying scum, to put it bluntly.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 07 March 2013 - 02:59 PM.

#18    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 07 March 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Some scary elements that have almost all of the power. The citizens of Syria will just be left under the oppressive rule (far more oppressive than Assad's if their rhetoric is anything to go by) of Islamic fanatics, with brutal Sharia and a devolution in-store for their future. Libya is much the same.

I mentioned nothing of Iran.

The West's objectives have nothing to do with humanitarian issues. This is nonsense. There are tens, if not hundreds, of humanitarian cases from decades past (and today) that don't even come close to gaining the West's (or, rather, their governments') attention. Hell, the UK and U.S. sat by and even actively prevented UN intervention in Rwanda when one of the worst cases of genocide was being carried out for all the World to see. The only reason we want a part in this is because of Assad and what he represents to America, Israel and the Middle East in terms of the status quo and power struggle.

We are invested entirely for political reasons. We don't care about dictators and oppressive regimes - we have overthrew enough democracies to install such (Western friendly) regimes countless times in the past, when it suits us. And our governments actively ignore the Worldwide humanitarian issues that their constituents put 'pressure' on them to address, because they are not politically, strategically or financially beneficial to them.

You can drink the cool aid if you wish, but a 20th century history book would show you that what our collective governments say has very little to do with their true intentions. They are lying scum, to put it bluntly.
Do you even know what you're talking about ??
you reliaze that countryside is wipped off the map ?? and i mean houses and all ? far worse ? really ? we'll take the chances

there is Nothing worse than this absolutely nothing
if the devil came to rule things would not be worst

everyone knows that western countries have an agenda of their own it's common knowledge
but it makes me really really ferious when some one says things will be worst after !!
worst how ????
there is nothing left but nuking us with nuclears
and trust me that's the ONLY thing left which is worst

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#19    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

What I am saying, Knight, is that Syria after the war will be under far worse rule than Syria before the war. And that I want my country to have nothing to do with it.

#20    Yamato

Yamato

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,851 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

If you guys read the article carefully this equipment is defensive humanitarian aid.  People see "armored vehicle" and their minds might go straight to "we're sending tanks".  They're vehicles to get people and supplies from point A to point B successfully.

War is hell, and if any of us were subjected to daily atrocities we'd be capable of horrific reprisals too.   We have no idea that the state formed by rebels would be far worse than Assad.  They might be far better.  It's a separate concern to not wanting our home countries to get involved.  Not getting involved is best for us, and I agree with that entirely.  It's not what's best for Syria though.  Syrians aren't who we care about.  Politics determine our concerns and the worth we place on human beings.   It's beyond presumptuous for me to peer into my crystal ball and pick sides.   It does appear that the network of Western welfare programs available to Al-Qaeda is quite extensive.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#21    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,247 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

well my take on the issue is for the United Kingdom to stay the hell out of Syria. we shouldnt be getting involved in any shape or form, okay use soft force as in political and backing sanctions. but it now seems the EU is running the show. we have Germany supplying the weapons already as witnessed by pictures from inside Syria. and on the 5th Feb the EU was showing support for intervening militarily in Syria. the UN is a no go on the problem with Russia - China backing Syria.

i cannot see what gains there are for us, Britain. i go along with UKIP.

Edited by stevewinn, 08 March 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#22    bee

bee

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,942 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 06 March 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21684105

Great. More of our country's warped foreign policy, that will see us arm (this is just the beginning) a group of terrorist fundamentalists who are far more extreme than the people they are fighting.

Hope everyone knows that this will lead to nutjobs gaining power and probably calling for, and actively seeking, the destruction of us.

:clap:

Yes WE can see that.....so how come William Hague et al.... can't.

Have they completely lost the plot...or is there something that is being kept from the public (as they spend the public's money)

'We' supported Al Qaeda fighters in Libya....and now are doing the same in Syria.

What the hell is going on?

The only thing I can think of is that part of the 'war on terror' involves destabalising the whole region...

So that the Islamic Militants are kept busy fighting in their own region...and will therefore not have the time or energy

to get terrorist acts together in the West...???

But what then....after they are in control of the region? We will have an even bigger problem.

Just speculation..trying to make some sense of the madness.

The timing of the Peacekeepers being held hostage by Syrian Rebels...and used as human shields....

will hopefully be a great embarassment to Hague.

Jeeeeezus.....what a mess (again)

#23    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 08 March 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

well my take on the issue is for the United Kingdom to stay the hell out of Syria. we shouldnt be getting involved in any shape or form, okay use soft force as in political and backing sanctions. but it now seems the EU is running the show. we have Germany supplying the weapons already as witnessed by pictures from inside Syria. and on the 5th Feb the EU was showing support for intervening militarily in Syria. the UN is a no go on the problem with Russia - China backing Syria.

i cannot see what gains there are for us, Britain. i go along with UKIP.

UKIP were against Britain's intervention in Libya, too.

#24    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postbee, on 08 March 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

Yes WE can see that.....so how come William Hague et al.... can't.

Have they completely lost the plot...or is there something that is being kept from the public (as they spend the public's money)

'We' supported Al Qaeda fighters in Libya....and now are doing the same in Syria.

What the hell is going on?

The only thing I can think of is that part of the 'war on terror' involves destabalising the whole region...

So that the Islamic Militants are kept busy fighting in their own region...and will therefore not have the time or energy

to get terrorist acts together in the West...???

But what then....after they are in control of the region? We will have an even bigger problem.

Just speculation..trying to make some sense of the madness.

The timing of the Peacekeepers being held hostage by Syrian Rebels...and used as human shields....

will hopefully be a great embarassment to Hague.

Jeeeeezus.....what a mess (again)
i wonder why ?
after all .. all they did was supply food to the nice soliders under seize so they can live long
and cannon fire more house and towns .. how barbaric of those rebels to stop that right ?
fox news fan ? bbc news ?

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#25    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 March 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

unless they are in saudi arabia them we lick there arses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users