Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Drunken teen eaten by stray dogs

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

You won't see this in the mainstream news, but children and others are routinely attacked by the hordes of abandoned dogs on Indian reserves in North America. "Parents" buy puppies for their kids and then neglect them (much like their kids) so they form packs and run down deer and people.

This news story would not have been made public except for a Freedom of Information request to the coroners office. Most Indian reserves have their own police, who act on orders of their chiefs, so mums the word.

Even after shooting hundreds of dogs, there are still plenty of packs that roam around, starving and freezing.

Guardians and stewards of Mother Earth? I don't buy this noble savage propaganda.

p.s. this new case didn't occur in the high Arctic, it happened on a reserve just north of Montreal.

#2    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

Gosh that is horrible!

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Are the dogs from the Indian reserve? I would be surprised if they treat their dogs so badly and just abandon the puppies.
its sounds like an awful lot of stray dogs which have been thrown out, or has this been going on for so long that they have lost control on the number of strays?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

Damn . Reason not to get drunk #462

Miss me?

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,424 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

I suspect stray dogs are a problem to some degree or another in almost every county except the Chinese-influenced cultures where dogmeat is seen by many as a delicacy.

#6    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

It's terrible news, but why is the original post so racist against native americans?

How do you know they neglect their kids? Personal experience?

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#7    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,865 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

These dogs are feral, they've returned to a wild state and are now wild animals. Starving wild animals are dangerous and will eat whatever they can. Sadly, the adult unsocialized (now wild) adults should be destroyed and the young should be placed for adoption that will allow them a life of domestication. Humans created this mess and the onus is on us to fix it...I don't blame the poor dogs.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#8    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,085 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postredhen, on 06 March 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

You won't see this in the mainstream news, but children and others are routinely attacked by the hordes of abandoned dogs on Indian reserves in North America. "Parents" buy puppies for their kids and then neglect them (much like their kids) so they form packs and run down deer and people.

This news story would not have been made public except for a Freedom of Information request to the coroners office. Most Indian reserves have their own police, who act on orders of their chiefs, so mums the word.

Even after shooting hundreds of dogs, there are still plenty of packs that roam around, starving and freezing.

Guardians and stewards of Mother Earth? I don't buy this noble savage propaganda.

p.s. this new case didn't occur in the high Arctic, it happened on a reserve just north of Montreal.

Please refrain from calling First Nations savages, they are not.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#9    The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for that interesting piece of information. didn`t know that it was such a threat.

Life is not a continuum of pleasant choices, but of inevitable problems that call for strength, determination, and hard work  - Indian Proverb

#10    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostThanato, on 06 March 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Please refrain from calling First Nations savages, they are not.

~Thanato
hmm, it did seem that way, thats why I was asking were the dogs being thrown out as puppies by those on the reservations? it does seem very odd.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#11    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,424 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Wandering back over the thread, and considering some of the comments, I think this may be a fiction or at least an exaggeration motivated by racial attitudes.

#12    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,085 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 March 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

Wandering back over the thread, and considering some of the comments, I think this may be a fiction or at least an exaggeration motivated by racial attitudes.

Having been to a few Reserves, some are in fact over run by Farrel dogs. Most of those dogs eat scraps. I can see this happening and then the community tried to cover it up (which I can also see happening)

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#13    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

From a 2012 annual report in an Ontario "First Nation".

"M‟Chigeeng First Nation has a Dog By-Law in place.Elvis Debassige was the dog catcher last year.For the last 3 years, we have put down 125 dogs, but Band Members keep getting more dogs, some even have dogs that are not allowed on the reserve, (according to the by-law) but will not co-operate."

http://mchigeeng.ca/...nual_report.pdf

This is not the exception on reserves, this is business as usual, that no Natives want to talk about, except me. Yup, I'm a Status Indian, living on a res. Child/animal neglect and abuse is rampant.

http://www.thestar.c...tawapiskat.html

http://news.national...ative-reserves/

#14    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,564 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 06 March 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

I suspect stray dogs are a problem to some degree or another in almost every county except the Chinese-influenced cultures where dogmeat is seen by many as a delicacy.
lol, really??? wow.first of all it is koreans that eat puppys(not adult dogs), not chinese.they don't eat it regularly, it IS tradition, not nesSesety, just like eating horses in usa. there are plenty of stray dogs in china and both koreas.the only places where strays are not a problem, is where the problem is taken care of on regular basis.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#15    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

We don't have a tradition of eating horses in the USA...

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users