Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

TSA to allow small knives on US flights

tsa snall knives flights passengers blades

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,500 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

The US transport safety authority has said it will allow some small pocket knives aboard US flights for the first time since the 9/11 attacks.

From 25 April, passengers may bring blades shorter than 2.36in (6cm) and narrower than 0.5in in plane cabins.

Fixed blades, razors and box cutters will still be forbidden, the Transport Security Administration (TSA) said.

The change has been criticised by flight attendants, who say it will put passengers and crew at risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21678267

Posted Image

#2    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,307 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

To be honest, this makes sence, the odds that a Yankee flight will be hijacked again with the same results is highly unlikely.

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,670 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Good. I don't like being without a knife.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,625 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I remember having my toenail scissors confiscated.

#5    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,247 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I can bring my knife but I have to leave my water bottle behind right? :huh:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#6    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 06 March 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Correct!Your promotion of drinking water instead of milkshakes or cokes is a danger to others!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#7    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,670 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Throw on a turbin and you can pass thru security with zero delays or checks!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#8    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,005 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

sooo yeah.. i got nothing this is dumb.

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#9    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,133 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

Just eliminate the TSA.  Let the airlines run thier own security.  Cut wasteful government spending.

#10    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,605 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

^^^^good idea, i agree, but wont happen.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#11    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Scientific experiment. Go through security with a bag full of small knives and a bottle of water. See which one they have an issue with.

For science!

Edited by Corp, 06 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#12    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Like the old saying...nothing like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Air marshals are armed with guns...not like they couldn't have done this 8 years ago.  But what I thought was funny is now you can carry on you hockey sticks, souvenir baseball bats and...this one made me LoL...up to two golf clubs...who would carry on 2 out of 14 clubs?  "Oh God I love this driver and this putter...I must keep them with me at all times!"...sorry...the thought made me laugh hard...I know some seriously passionate golfers...but really?

Edited by Jeremiah65, 06 March 2013 - 04:47 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#13    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,402 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostOverSword, on 06 March 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Just eliminate the TSA.  Let the airlines run thier own security.  Cut wasteful government spending.

Totally, it's the airlines and FAA who actually know what they're doing. They are the ONLY entities who have made ANY viable improvements in airline security and safety!

The TSA and Department of Homeland Insecurity are just a bunch of brain damaged idiots.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#14    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 3,005 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostCorp, on 06 March 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Scientific experiment. Go through security with a bag full of small knives and a bottle of water. See which one they have an issue with.

For science!

hmmm im gna say trick question its my deodorant theyre after!

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

#15    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,402 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 06 March 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Like the old saying...nothing like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Air marshals are armed with guns...not like they couldn't have done this 8 years ago.  But what I thought was funny is now you can carry on you hockey sticks, souvenir baseball bats and...this one made me LoL...up to two golf clubs...who would carry on 2 out of 14 clubs?  "Oh God I love this driver and this putter...I must keep them with me at all times!"...sorry...the thought made me laugh hard...I know some seriously passionate golfers...but really?

The last time I flew over three years ago (I grounded myself in Oct of 2010 after the nude-o-scopes were put in place) the lady sitting next to me had in her carry on, several competition Boomarangs! LOL. In her hands, they were deadly weapons... but apparently they were ok to carry on. LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users