Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NY man gets summons for laughing too loudly

laughing ny man summons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

ROCKVILLE CENTRE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man says he didn't know it was a crime to laugh.

Robert Schiavelli of Rockville Centre, on Long Island, was slapped with two summonses for "disturbing the peace."
Police responded to his home on Feb. 12 and Feb. 13 after receiving complaints from his next-door neighbor that his loud laughs could be heard across the driveway.

Read More
I bet there's much more to this story.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,120 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

Was probably at 2 or 3 in the morning.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Now that is total BS and a waste of the police and judges time. What a joke

#4    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

his neighbours sounds like complete dbags

yup

The tickets stem from a years-long feud between Schiavelli and his mother, Suzanne, and next-door neighbor Daniel O’Hanian.
O’Hanian regularly taunts and ridicules Schiavelli about his disability, the mother and son allege.
“He tries to intimidate Robert” by calling him “a retard’’ and other names, said Suzanne, 65.

After years of the alleged treatment, Suzanne said her son “has learned to laugh at him.”
The day the summonses were written, “I was making dinner. Our neighbor was in the driveway wiping off his car and sneering at Robert” while he was inside the house, Suzanne explained.
As usual, Schiavelli addressed O’Hanian’s alleged glares with a good chuckle.

“What else are you supposed to do when someone calls you a retard?” asked Schiavelli, who graduated from high school as a special-education student.
O’Hanian’s wife, Virginia, defended the summonses, saying, “The police investigated and found there was cause. I think the police can answer all your questions. I think the police did what they thought was best.”
Her husband, an engineer, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

http://www.nypost.co...m_content=Local

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 06 March 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#5    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Imagine the hellfire the cops would have dropped on him if they also caught him with a two liter bottle of coke.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#6    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 06 March 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

Imagine the hellfire the cops would have dropped on him if they also caught him with a two liter bottle of coke.
...Or more than 7 rounds of ammo in his gun clip.  :D

My father and our next door neighbor fueded for years. They were humorous to watch though. When they were out mowing their lawns at the same time my father would 'throw the bird' at our neighbor when his back was turned. Once my father's back was turned, our neighbor would 'throw the bird' at my father. It was pure entertainment to watch this the entire time the lawns were being mowed. They truly hated each other, but they never called the cops on each other.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#7    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,545 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Maybe he has a really wicked laugh like, em, Mutley in "Wacky Races."Attached File  index.jpg   11.9K   1 downloads

Posted Image

#8    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,607 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

"disturbing the peace." - they want to try living here next to a house with two dogs that constantly bark/howl/yap!

Posted Image

#9    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 06 March 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Maybe he has a really wicked laugh like, em, Mutley in "Wacky Races."Attachment index.jpg
Mutley rocks! :nw:

Posted Image

#10    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,379 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users